Chapter 25

Hate? Love?

Yoona stopped. She was in the middle of nowhere. Trees were what she can only see. She looked at the letter on her hand again to check if she had gone the wrong way. Surely, after parking her car, she came across the pink envelope that Donghae was talking about.

 

Hi Yoona, so you have reached, haven't you? Well, you won't be meeting me here too. Sitting for too long? Now let's do some walking. Follow what I wrote. 
Go to the back of the rest area 
Walk straight 10 steps
Turn left
Walk straight 38 steps 
Turn left again 
Walk another 100 steps 
And lastly, turn right 
Donghae.

 

She followed everything written on the pink paper yet Donghae was nowhere in sight. There wasn't any road, any buildings or any human beings in sight. In fact, there was nothing except trees. Trees and her, nothing else. Should she turn back? She can easily figure her way out.

 

"Donghae?" She tried calling, maybe he's around. "Are you here?"

 

Silence. No footstep. No voice. No Donghae.

 

"D-donghae oppa?" She tried calling again, this time louder than the previous.

 

This time, there were responses. Quick shuffling of footsteps from behind her. Yoona could not look back, feeling nervous all of a sudden. 
"Dong-" Blackness enveloped her before she finished what she wanted to say. She did not black out, she was perfectly conscious. So why the black? Yoona sensed something amiss. Who would put an eye mask on her and cover ? Yoona began to struggle, wanting to loosen the hold of that person.

 

"Let me go! Who are you?" If it isn't for her hands being held together and wearing a dress, she would probably knock the person down.

 

"Hush. Follow me."

 

 

Donghae followed Yoona as she walked through the forest with the instructions given by him. He saw how she counted every step she takes and how she took every step, being careful not to get her heels into the mud. And finally she reached the open space, confused of course since there weren’t anymore instructions for her to carry on.

 

It's time, time to carry on with the next step. He was going to confess, but not here. It wasn't private enough. He took out the mask he prepared and not to forget to wear gloves. You never know what she can do.

 

Donghae leapt forward when he's sure that Yoona's back was facing and put the eye mask on her, covering too. He heaved a sigh of relieved as he noticed that she was wearing a dress, at least there will not be any violent during the way to the destination.

 

When they stopped at the destination, Yoona spun around, letting the hand Donghae used to cover yo let go. "Yah, Lee Donghae!" Throughout the whole walk, she was thinking about who was it. MBLAQ oppas? Nah, why would they do this? Leeteuk? Seungri? T-taecyeon? The voice, the touch and the smell, it all belongs to someone familiar to her, and she deduced it was the said person.

 

Donghae took the mask off Yoona. He was not surprised that Yoona could guess who he was. It doesn't take a lot of time for her to figure it out since she is so smart.

 

Yoona blinked a little, letting her eyes adjust to the light. There he was, the one she missed for the past one week, standing in front of her. She felt thousands of feeling. Was she angry? Was she happy? Was she sad? Was she worried? Was she supposed to feel glad because Donghae was in front of her or mad that he 'kidnap' me and for not contacting her or worried about what's wrong?

 

"Yah, Donghae-" Yoona decided that now wasn't the time to be sweet, she had too many questions to ask. However, before Yoona could speak finish, Donghae spun her and what she saw made her stood rooted in surprise.

 

They were just some 100 metres away from the end of the cliff. The waterfall looked so majestic as the background, glowing white under the afternoon sun. From where Yoona was standing, the path was lined with flowers on both sides which lead to more flowers shaped to form a heart.

 

In the middle of the heart placed a table, enough for two. White silky cloth hanging down on the table edge like the waterfall. Pink candles sit on the center of the table, lighted up to bring up the ambience. A set of cutlery was set at both ends of the table where the chairs were placed.

 

"Oppa..." The whole thing was... beautiful, as what Yoona would describe. She could not take her eyes off the setting. She never realized she was walking forward if not for Donghae stopping her.

 

"Wait here." Donghae said before walking into the beautiful scene, into the heart. "Now, come here slowly."

 

Yoona followed his instructions. She walked down the path lined with her favourite flowers, too stunned to think of what Donghae was trying to do now. She thought of walking her family, her Appa at her left, her brother on her right and her Umma holding on to his hand, smiling at the sight of her favourite flowers. They walked through the endless path with hops of excitement.

 

As she reached the tip of the heart, Donghae extended his hand out. This made Yoona got out of her world and focused on his action. She halted to a stop, curious of what he was trying to do. "Oppa..."

 

"Yoona, the main thing is starting now, so listen carefully. Remember our first meeting? That was the first time we meet, yet I did not know why I felt so comfortable with you. I can even play a joke on you. I didn't know how I easily be friends with you." He said, being very serious.

 

"Just like how you slowly walked down the path beautifully, you slowly walked into my heart, charming me. Your smile, your eyes, your beauty, I always be thinking about them. The feeling never fade." Yoona was shocked by the surprise confession.

 

"I did not know about how you felt for me. It might be the same, it might be the different. So before this confession, I wanted to test how you felt about me, is it purely friends or someone special."

 

"Was it that-" Realization came upon Yoona.

 

"Yes. I wanted to test if you cared about me, so I decided to not contact you for a week to see if you will contact me first. To tell you the truth, this one week of not contacting you were a torture to me. Every time you sent a message, I wanted to you so badly. I busied myself to stop missing you and your voice. I love you, Yoona. I did not know when I started falling for you but it only grew stronger as days go by." Donghae looked sincerely into Yoona's eyes. Yoona did not know what to say.

 

"This may not be the best confession in the world or the most luxurious ones. I am sorry I could not afford to do that, but I did this to my best of my ability. I wanted to make this as perfect as possible for you, but if you don't like it..."

 

"No! I like it! I like it very much!" Yoona quickly retorted back. She loved it. It may not be the luxurious or the most pleasant, but she liked it. She liked it because it was prepared by Donghae. That itself already scored a point. The flowers lined got a point too.

 

"So, to conclude, will you enter my heart?" Donghae pulled out his hand again.

 

"Donghae..."

 

"It's okay..." Having misinterpreted   Donghae slowly retracted his hand. Seeing the situation, Yoona quickly grabbed his hand.

 

"Ani!"

 

"Yoona..." Donghae was the surprised one this time.

 

"I haven't said anything, have I? The first time we met, which you tricked me, I wasn't red because I am mad but because I was blushing. I never knew this would happen, especially after everything that had happened, yet you made it happen. You made me think about you after that day, thinking when I will meet you again. Then, we met at the _______ cafe and the first time I called you oppa. To me, meeting was one of the rarest happy times I have." Yoona confessed.

 

"So..." Donghae just wanted to know whether she will accept him.

 

"When you did your stupid experiment of not calling or messaging me for a week, I almost went crazy. I was worried about you, your health, your work, your everything. I could not do anything. That was when I realised that I... I feel in love with you." Yoona finally said out those words.

 

Donghae was in ecstasy hearing Yoona having the feeling as him. He was nervous about Yoona seeing him as friends only. Now that she had expressed that she likes him, he had nothing to worry about. "Then, why are you not coming in?"

 

"I can't..." Donghae's face fell.

 

"Why?"

 

"There will be complications and I can't guarantee that you will not be hurt. The reasons why I came back to Korea weren’t as simple as you may have think." Yoona slowly let go her hand.

 

"Yoona..." Donghae quickly hold onto her hand before it could disappear. "Look, Yoona, I may not know the reasons why you return but I am not curious. If there are complications, we will work around them. If one of us will be hurt, then let us protect each other. Nothing can do us apart if we really love each other, unless you do not love me enough?"

 

"Ani!"

 

"Then are you going to enter?"

 

"I guess-" Yoona lifted her leg to step in but Donghae quickly pulled her over and gave her a hug. Ecstasy and shock were what she felt.

 

"Finally. Finally you are mine. Finally I am yours. Finally I could hug you. Finally we can call each other pet names." Donghae mumbled. "And finally I could kiss you." With that Donghae gave Yoona a long-lasting sweet kiss, tongues locked together. Yoona was happy. She wasn't supposed to be falling in love but she could not control her heart, could she? She knows that this relationship will complicate things in her plan and she might break his heart at some point in time, but she could not let go of him. Only a week of not contacting each other made her jumped around already. She could not imagine how life will be without Donghae around. She will have to work around it so she will not hurt Donghae if possible.