Chapter 3

Hate? Love?

"There you go, dear. Next time please wear your shoes even if you are in a hurry. You never knows what's out there, do you?" Mary, who is the owner of this home and a nun, said to Yoona. She was the one to carry Yoona in and treated her wound after being noticed by Sunny, who ran to call her.

"Sorry." Yoona said. She has calm down a lot and is sitting quietly while the nun is cleaning her wound.

"Now, let me see the scar on your face. Oh dear, it's bleeding and this time it doesn't seem to be made by the wind." Nun Mary talked again while inspecting the scar on Yoona's face. "Oh...nothing....It's just...the wind." Yoona replied with unsure-ness. "Tell me the truth, dear. I know it is not cause by the wind. I treated your wound too many time. Come on, you can just tell me anything." 

"Ya, tell us the truth, I can see that you are lying." Yuri added on with a concern look on not just hers but everyone's face.

Yoona started to cry again. "It's the same, my cousin bullied me again." Yoona started. "But this time I hit them back. It's just... it's just...take I cannot tolerate with them anymore! They kept on mocking me which hurt me, destroy my playtime, and... and worst of all they put all the blame on me when...when their mum saw me biting him. I wanted to explain but...but they just kept on talking. Aunt Jung got very furious..." 

"and slapped you on your scar, right?" Sooyoung interupt Yoona. Yoona looked at Sooyoung and nodded.

"Yoona..." Nun Mary talked but was soon interupt by a  person who told her meet someone. 

"That's it! I won't allow you to go back to your home until they come and find you!" Yuri exploded after Nun Mary left. Her eyes were starting to filled with tears which seem to can be drop of any minute.

"But..." Yoona was shocked by Yuri's sudden explosion and the thought of worrying those who cared about her if she did not go home. She wanted to rebut. She was used to all these treatment already, so do not really cared about what happened just now.

"No BUTs. You should not be treated like that. You're also a part of the family. Even though you are not as good-looking in the past, but you still got your own charm and beauty. You deer eyes and your alligator laughter. I won't let them treat you like that! You are precious to us too. You are our friend." Yuri confessed, bursting out into tears. Teayeon, being the eldest, immediately went over to comfort Yuri.

After a few minutes, maybe seconds, of silient, Yoona said, ' I'm sorry.". Being guilty for what she had done to cause her friend to worry, she lowered down her head.

"No Yoona, you are not at fault. I am not blaming you. Its just, I don't want to see my bestfriend suffer. It really hurts me." Yuri said within sobs.

"Hey, what about me? I thought I am YOUR bestfriend? What about Yulfany??!!" Tiffany said in jealous yet playful way. Instantly,the room was filled with laughter of all the eight girls, including Tiffany herself.

"No, of course! We are not anyone's bestfriend. We are OUR bestfriend!" Taeyeon said amist the laughter. "Group Hug!!!" was what Hyoyeon said before everyone gathered together and hug each other, with YoonYul in the middle.

"Girls, time for your dinner!" Nun Mary came in once again and the girls quickly broke the hug. "Yoona, you can come and join us. I'll just go and scope one more bowl of rice for you."

"No thanks, Nun Mary. Do not need to bother about me, I still doesn't feel like eating yet. Can I go and walk around the garden for a while?" Yoona rejects.

"Sure dear, but be careful."

"I will"

 

<< Yoona's POV >>

I turned towards the right to head for the garden while the others walked striaght to the canteen.My feet were still hurt from the injuries just now and I had to walk slowly. Night is falling. The sunset was glorious, all rosy and salmon pink. The few thin strips of cloud on the horizon turned to shimmering gold. I was walking towards the small pond located at the middle of the garden. The water was orange and red from the rays of the setting sun. Lily flowers were drifting on the surface of the pond while fishes were swimming under them, sheltered from those powerful rays. I went to the nearest bench and took a seat. Birds chirped and trees swayed in the strong wind. I shivered in cold.

Suddenly, a warm blanket covered my back. I turned around and was surprised to see Daesung smiling with his eyes completely close. I sometimes wonder how he could look through with those small eyes. He also had a scar on his face as me but that did not change his attitude. 

"Why Yoona? You are bullied by them again right?" Daesung spoke. I nodded my head in agreement. I wanteed to told him what happened but was interupted."Let me guess, you were hit by your Aunt on your scar right? And you came here bare-footed and fell down the way here right?"

Hey, how did he knew about that? He wasn't around when I told the others. Able to read my mind, he answered the question in a cheeky way. "I know you are thinking how I knew about it right. Just because I don't want you to suffer from saying it again, I went to listen when I heard Jessica's scream. Also , I can tell from the injuries on your scar and leg." imitating Jessica dolphin-like scream. I burst out into laughter as he imitates it. Instantly, I forgotten my injuries, the incident and unhappy thoughts. He really knew how to make me happy.


There goes a chaptie for you. I wnat to appologise for not updating for so long. I wanted to update last week but no idea came out and finally it is weekend!!! That means I could have a break from my exam and update! I WILL TRY to update another this weekend. Happy weekend!