Luna's Ice Cream Parlor

What Krystal Didn't Know
 
 
" Class started by now," Taemin muttered holding his head looking out the window. He readjusted his black mask and hat so everything was covered except his eyes. Jonghyun was sitting in the front seat wiping his bag with his sleeve.
 
" Just follow along and I'll handle everything," he told them. His weapon of destruction was a bat. It was his most prized possession. Everybody else has their bare hands and picked whatever they felt was a good whacker.

---

Filing into Luna's ice cream parlor, they chased everybody out.

" NINJA!," a boy shouted excitedly pointing at Minho.

" GET. OUT." Minho spat at the boy's face and he dropped his cone. Once everybody cleared out, Jonghyun marched confidently to the counter and rapped his bat on it. A girl with blond hair popped from beneath. She smiled nervously seeing four boys faces covered with masks. " Hhhi may I help yyou?"

Jonghyun reached over and grabbed a fistful of hair. Even to girls, he learned to give no sign of mercy. Not after what happened to Se kyung. 

She shrieked with protest. " Ahh that hurts! Stop!" He looked furiously into her terrified eyes and she bit her lip.

" Where is our money?," he growled. " Your time is up." 

" I'm I'm not Luna!  She's in the back," she lied. " I'm just an employee." 

" Get out of here unless you want to get to get hurt," Key warned before she chose the safe road and fled.

Jonghyun picked up his bat and looked at the back door where the girl mentioned. " No money eh? Guess that means--" 

He lifted the bat over his head and slammed it into the cash register. Coins and glass specks flew all over the floor. His first move meant action. 

Taemin ducked and picked up bills and coins from the floor. He was going to use it for lunch money.

Over the noise of overturning tables and ruining everything that was in their path, they didn't hear a scream coming from the back.
-------------------


" GET. OUT." Placing the last Flying Saucer into a plastic box, she curiously pressed her ear against the door.

" What's happening outside?," she wondered.

" Where is our money? Your time is up."

" I'm I'm not Luna! She's in the back! I'm just an employee!"

What was her boss saying? Krystal was the only one in the back.

Opening the door a crack, she saw Luna run out of the store Leaving her alone. She looked back at the boys. There were four of them but she couldn't make out their faces. What was this all about? What money? Were they robbers?

She saw Jonghyun break the cashier with his bat and she screamed backing away from the door. Holding her ears, she tried to muffle out the sounds. Krystal was scared what they would do to her if they found out she was there.

Sitting on the cold floor, she wanted them to stop.

The trauma was getting to her. 

The loud whacks of the bat and glass shattering sounded like thunder. With her eyes closed, she started to imagine the boy in black hitting her parents with a bat and dumping them in a river. Her happy parents being punished for no reason. She started picturing blood. And Onew. She was all alone. 

Then, the crashing stopped. She sat there shivering and drowning in her tears, unable to move.
----------------
With his pockets full of cash, he felt accomplished even though he didn't cause much damage. Maybe broke a few picture frames or two. But Jonghyun did most of the work.

Taemin just watched and even packed some ice cream for Minho.

Jonghyun raised his hand to stop them. Satisfied with the outcome, he swung his bat over his shoulder like a soldier with his musket and walked calmly out the door. 

Minho flipped over the OPEN sign. " CLOSED," he smirked and they all ran away from the scene. Stripping their black hoodies full of sweat, they stood at their car for a breath.

" That was mad close," Key gasped. " Open the door."

Minho searched through his pockets and couldn't find it.

" Shoot. Think I left it back there." All eyes turned to Taemin.

Outnumbered, he gave up.

" FINE I'LL GET IT." He removed his hood and hat and jogged back to the ice cream parlor trying to look shocked about it. The crowd watched him curiously.

" What happened? Nooooo Ho Ho Hooo Noooo. THIS WAS MY FAVORITE PLACE! THE ICE CREAM WAS LIKE FREAKING AWESOME," he moaned feigning disappointment and entered. Nobody had dared to go through the mess. Everything was still and quiet except for the clock that continued to tick.

Tic Tic Tic

The walls casted dark shadows.

Tic Tic Tic

It felt creepy and sent chills down his spine. He searched around the floor for Minho's car keys. Bending down and picking up the keys, he heard sobbing.

Strange. There was somebody there? 

Through the peep window, he saw a girl in the far corner crying into her knees. Was she the boss? Opening the door all the way, he saw the alarmed girl run towards the freezer.

" No!," Taemin warned but she ran inside and the door unintentionally closed behind locking her in.

" Im not here to hurt you. Open the door." he pulled at the handle and it wouldn't budge.

Going up to the door, he knocked a few times but she didn't respond.

" Miss Luna? Miss? I can't open the door. what should I do?," he said panicking. She still wasn't replying.

Frantically looking around the room, he couldn't find anything to pry the lock. Taemin was getting frustrated as pulled the handle hopelessly.

Where was Jonghyun's bat when he needed it?

" There's nothing here, there's nothing here, there's -HERE," he shouted suddenly finding a hammer hanging on the wall. Why there was a hammer in an ice cream shop? Taemin didn't know and didn't care.

" Just wait Miss!," he gritted as he rounded up his strength to break the lock with one hit. Heaving his chest, he opened the door and cold mist evaded his face. Wearing only a tank top, he was freezing cold. It made things worse since he was sweating. His body tried to get use to the sudden change in temperature but he tremored.

Taemin saw piles and piles or ice cream stored. And surrounding It was an unconscious girl. He picked her up and rushed out or the freezer. Walking to the front of the store, he sat her on his lap and brushed the hair away from her face. He allowed her head to cradle on his shoulder. Her face was ghostly pale and her lips were a light shade of blue. He almost dropped her when he saw who it was.

" KRYSTAL? oh no."

He hugged her tightly trying to give her body heat.

" Krystal!" He placed his hand on her face and a punk print of his hand was left. " I'm sorry we did this to you. I didn't know. I didn't mean it!" Taemin was still shivering but he didn't care. Taemin tried to get the blood flowing back in her arms and face. 

After a few minutes, the color was coming back. His phone rang in his pocket but he ignored it. s was still waiting for the car keys and he was taking a long time.

Krystal's eyes were still closed and someone was holding onto her tightly. She felt so cold and yearned for warmth. But it felt as if she was five again and her mother was cradling her in her arms. Krystal wanted to hold her mother tightly. So that she wouldn't leave her again.

Taemin was relieved when he felt a tug on his shirt. Her hair smelled of cold vanilla and it brushed against his face when she dug her head into his chest.

" Omma..omma...," she cried. " I'm cold. So cold." To his shock, she started to cry pitifully.

She was crying.

Strong Krystal was crying.

She made a move and hugged his waist. He hugged her back as If it was the only thing he could do for her.

Seeing her cry, he remembered his hyungs words. " Destroy that strong aura she shows.. She's weak." 

Again, he felt a tug at his heart. Making him feel doubt.

About everything.