Kidnapped Key

What Krystal Didn't Know

It's been a while since the four of them got together and talked. It was like they all forgot about the mission with Krystal and took a break from everything related to it.  They were all taking a break from each other.

 
Key had a feeling it had something to do with Taemin. First, the suspect's house.
 
Ding Dong
 
Ding Dong
 
Ding Dong
 
He wasn't coming to the door. Was it because he had something to hide? Key crept to the side windows and took a peek at every room. They were all empty but all the lights were open. Key had no choice but to break in. He lifted up a window that led to the kitchen. Fitting himself through and closing back the window, he noticed something very different.
 
The last time Key was at Taemin's house, it was definitely unkept. Now everything was neat and assorted. Some new things were added in as well and gave the house more harmony. He noticed one new cup that sat beside the water dispenser next to Taemin's. Two pairs of kitchen slippers. All couple accessories.
 
One of the slippers were vast in size while the other was petite. Petite enough for a girl.
 
" How did you get in my house," a voice accused from behind him. Key jumped back at seeing Taemin's face. He looked particularly alarmed and Key knew exactly why. 
 
" Through the window," Key said before pointing to the slipper. " Who does that belong to Taemin?"
 
Taemin grabbed the slippers and threw it like a baseball out of the park.
 
" Nobody's," his voice shook while reaching for his cup and dispensing cold water for himself. " Just an extra pair"
 
Key perched himself about the counter and continued interrogating his buddy. 
 
" Where you coming from? You look sweaty under all those layers." 
 
Taemin lied. " Nowhere important. I'm sweating cuz I wore too much. Happy? Done with the questions?"
 
Apparently, he wasn't. " You never bought me an extra pair of slippers. If they were nobody's then why did you throw them? Oh yea and whose cup is that? Nobody's? An extra pair?," he said with sarcasm mocking what Taemin said.
 
" Yah! I know what your hiding! Tell me the full truth! Where is she?," Key yelled pounding on the door fiercely once Taemin locked himself in his room.
 
Key gave up on the door and decided to search for more clues. Just like in the kitchen, there were pairs in the bathroom. Two toothbrushes. Two cups. Two towels. He frowned. Taemin was fooling no one. No wonder he wouldn't allow any of them to visit his house anymore.
 
He walked into the visitor's room and was enhanced at the scent. Even though it was for visitors to sleep over, the boys were always told to sleep on the floor when there was a perfectly good bed here.
 
Key smiled at the photos in the corner but frowned at the fact they were left in boxes. Was he planning on packing or trashing them? The clothes in the closet. This did not make him happy. 
 
There was nothing more important to him than Shinee and it  killed him inside seeing the group go through personal hardships. He didnt know what to do since it was everybody except him. Shinee just couldn't break up from other pressures. He had to act as the pillar and snap everybody back to normal. 
 
Taemin finally came out of his room. He said he was hungry and agreed to have a chat with Key.
 
They walked to a nearby cafe and sat down.
 
" Tell me what's going on man," Key started saying. " It's not a good thing to know one of my best friends is hiding secrets from me."
 
Taemin played with his spaghetti and continued stuffing his mouth so he wouldn't have to speak yet. But Key waited patiently until his plate was empty of any noodle strands.
 
He took a sharp breath and made Key swear to not tell Onew anything. He swore on Kyunhyun, the dog. Good enough.
 
" I sorta made friends with Krystal as time went on and allowed her to stay at my house when she told me she had no place," he confessed, not looking at Key.
 
Key face palmed wondering why he did such a thing. " Just friends?" 
 
" Alright Alright, I also developed some feelings but it's nothing serious. I'm living with a girl so of course everything is out of the ordinary including my hormones," he blabbed throwing his hands up to his face.
 
" You swear it's nothing serious?," he issued. Taemin hesitated, but nodded. There was conflict in his face like he was wondering if he /was/ serious or not. Key wasn't sure if he was telling the truth but he decided to believe him. 
 
" Don't worry. I won't tell Onew or anybody. I just wanted the truth...but this is some dangerous game you playing here. If she finds out that youre the reason why she has no home, shes not going to forgive you."
 
Taemin shook his head and his hands were still at his face. " I already know that. I've been trying to hide this whole gang thing and my bad deeds towards her all this time. But I don't think I can go on with it much longer "
 
" Look at us man. We can't keep secrets. Even Minho is. I thought we were brothers. Your risking our lives here," Key whined.
 
Taemin was troubled, but told Key to trust their reasons. " Leave Minho alone for now. He's also having problems. But some secrets are meant to be kept a secret in order to keep us all safe from bad things that might happen."  He got up and left the cafe leaving Key pondering about what he could've possibly meant. 
 
It was strange as well because he noticed how mature Taemin became.
 
Key was walking into Seoul Station when he saw five boys behind him. They were laughing and shoving each other playfully like a pack of friends. so he went back to his conversation.
 
" Hey Jong, got any plans tonight? Im at Seoul Station. Was thinking we can gather up the guys and have some-.... Jong I'm being surrounded. Five of them, nobody is around, OH MY GOD IT'S BEAST JONG ITS BEAST," he yelled louder at the word beast. There was shouting and muffles and then nothing when they stepped on the phone. Key crawled on the floor desperately trying to reach for his phone but he was grabbed by the collar and pulled away.
 
Jonghyun received the phone call during a meeting and was about to reject Key's hundredth proposal to meet up when there was a spike in his tone.
 
" JONG IM BEING SURROUNDED. BEAST JONG ITS BEAST" 
 
He got up from his chair and stormed out of the meeting without any explanation. Seoul Station was not too far from where he was. Jonghyun ran with all his might and consequently, his arms ready to break from swinging them so hard. He couldn't be too late. 
 
SEOUL STATION. The sign shone. Jonghyun's eyes dashed for any signs of struggle but there was too much bustling. Key wouldn't have been ambushed with so many people around.
 
He shoved past people in the tunnels and received glares at his impoliteness. But his eyes were on the floor in search of any signs of bloodied Key. There was nothing and he grew furious. 
 
Jonghyun was about to abandon his search until he spotted a phone with a familiar keychain being picked up by a homeless man. He stormed up to the innocent man and demanded for it. The innocent man refused to let go of the treasure he found which rewarded him with a knockout to the head. Bystanders all around whispered at his rashness for violence and some threatened to call the police. He made a run for it when two muscular guys attempted to hold him in a lock until the police came. The homeless man was still out cold. 
 
" EMERGENCY MEETING. COME TO MY HOUSE," Jonghyun yelled in demand at the other members. No sooner than half an hour later, Minho and Taemin was in attendance. They were both equally curious at the sudden callback.
 
" Whats wrong?," Minho asked sitting in front of the distressed  Jonghyun. It was only them three and it felt wrong. Their numbers were getting smaller and smaller.
 
He took a deep breath with tears in his eyes. " They have Key"
 
Taemin and Minho exchanged glances. It couldn't be. 
 
" ...Beast?," Taemin said slowly. He knew that word was a serious taboo but dared to speak of the worst possibility. 
 
Jonghyun only nodded and lifted up the broken phone that was held tightly in his fist. 
 
Minho grabbed it from his hand and saw the keychain was still attached. 
 
" DAMMIT," he growled. He had one less of a lead now. " Where did they take him? Why did they?" 
 
Taemin put a hand on Minho's shoulder to calm him down. " But I saw him this morning for lunch.....I should've waited for him instead of leaving first," he regretted.
 
" It's not your fault. It's theirs. We have to find Key and get him back. If they don't, it's time for World War 2. And this time it's for revenge," Jonghyun said with strong eyes. He meant every word he said.
 
" World War 1 wasnt pretty," Taemin thought with a gulp. He wasn't sure his heart was ready for another war. He didnt want to fight anymore. But if it was for Key, he was ready to pulverize. 
 
Maybe this war would help them all get back together  like Key wanted.
 
-
 
He couldn't breath under the cloth bag and couldn't lift a finger to do anything about it. His hands were bound tight with rope. Both his feet and hands. 
 
There was an impatient Tsk of a tongue and a kick to his stomach. Key gasped and squealed at the pain. Tears developed in his eyes and he breathed in short breaths. He was going to die if he didn't get air soon.
 
" Please...please. I can't breathe," he begged taking the last deep breath he could muster. The air was getting too hot and thick. Key concentrated on not fainting. He had to stay awake. 
 
The bag was quickly lifted his head and he saw where he was. It was no longer dark but he was at a place of natural sunlight. But before he could analyze who where exactly, his eyes were blindfolded.
 
Key thanked the lord and drank the cold air. He took note that he was in a beautiful garden of some backyard and sat smack in the middle of a dead rose bush garden. The snow reached his feet. Not what he expected from being kidnapped. 
 
There was a pang of a door being opened and the shuffle of feet. 
 
" Sit down," the female voice ordered. " Job well done."
 
Key didn't know who was the owner of that voice or where she was standing but she felt close.
 
" Who is there," he asked confidently. A soft sardonic chuckle was beside his ear that gave him chills. She was definitely bad news. 
 
His blindfold was removed harshly and the girl stood in front of him. Her face was dashingly white and her long curly hair came down to her s. She would've looked like a doll if she didn't keep that ugly smirk she made with her lips. 
 
Something about her looked too familiar. He seen her before. There was a long moment of silence and Key knew she was allowing him to guess. She knew what he was thinking.
 
Key looked back at the five boys sitting down beside her like they were the meanest kids on the block.
 
Beast...with a girl. A familiar looking girl...
 
He took a sharp intake when she closed in on him. 
 
" Remember me?"
 
He did now.
 
" Jin-Ri, Long time no see," he said spitting on her face. 
 
It was SeKyung's old friend who betrayed her. She was the reason why both SeKyung and the baby were dead. He couldnt recognize her at first due to her makeover. She hid herself from Shinee's wrath while they searched all ends of the earth for her. But all records of her were gone as if she never existed. She must have picked up a new identity.
 
Jin-Ri  wiped her face calmly and nodded approvingly. 
 
" Bring him in," she ordered walking into the house.
 
Key recognized Junhyung who was pushing his chair in with the least care. It screeched against the cement and he lurched forward. Key swerved himself to the side slamming his shoulder blade, saving his head. He grit his teeth and yelled out a bunch of curses before being muffled by KiKwang.
 
They were going to be dead meat once he deals with them.
 
If he wasn't going to be dead first.