The Partial Truth

What Krystal Didn't Know

 

Krystal saw a car pull up a few feet away and two familiar looking boys jump the fence. To her relief and confusion, it was Minho and Taemin. Gratefully, she thought "Were they here for her?"

 

Yuri started pulling Krystal in horror as she took a step foward the school. “ ARE YOU CRAZY? WE JUST GOT OUT OF THERE!,” she screamed losing her grip.

 

“ GO HOME YURI. YOU'RE FREE! GO!,” Krystal shouted back, ripping free from her grip. She gave chase after Minho and Taemin, a little slower after them.

 

Taemin and Minho met the locked doors. “ OPEN UP KANGIN! OPEN UP YOU . IM GOING TO BEAT THE OUT OF YOU IF KRYSTAL IS IN THERE! DONT TOUCH HER,” Taemin shouted at the top of his lungs, the iron doors. The doors opened almost immediately and somehow, the army of students recognized the both of them.

 

“ HYUNG!,” one shouted happily but a few of them shook their head unhappy to see the two. “ Why are you back?” 

 

Krystal hid out of sight outside. 

 

“ I'm looking for Onew's sister,” Minho said. Krystal thought that didnt sound right. Why did he say Onew's sister instead of her full name? All of them knew who she was. And they were all acquaintances.

 

A voice she recognized not too far away spoke loud and clear. “ She left. Long time no see bros. Lookin quite sharp! Still on a undercover spree eh?,” Yonghwa said calmly towards the visitors.

 

“ Left?” Taemin and Minho ignored the greeting. “ Wheres Kangin?” The students paved a section and there lied Kangin, unconscious, along with the rest of the officials.  One nervous girl made an approach to the dying question she wanted to ask. “ Wheres Onew now? Still-.”

 

“ ...Still In America,” Minho finished off. The whole room was suddenly filled with rapid hisses. Their reaction was defening to the eyes.

 

“ You forgave him? For stabbing Eunhyuk and leaving you alone in Korea with no leader?” Yonghwa's face swelled like a bee sting.

 

Taemin and Minho both looked at each other, but came up with the same agreement.

 

“ We trust our leader. All 5-

 

" Five?," thought Krystal. " Who were the other 3? Or two if Onew was one them.?"

 

"- of us been down a long road...-what's your problem Hyoyeon?” A girl cackled as if he just said the funniest joke.

 

“ Trust? No such thing in this world. You cant trust nobody. Only yourselves. I heard things. You know? That girl that killed your guy's girlfriend? She's still around. Very close. I'd watch out for the people around you because they just might be the people you least expect to be.”

 

Taemin felt his chest rise. It was still a sensitive topic and he did the favor to remind them once more their culprit was still at large. He remembered the days where Jonghyun couldn’t have a decent night of sleep.

 

“  His ingenious plan. It wont work out. We will make sure it wont work out in tribute to Eunhyuk. He didn't deserve to die that way. All he did was try to stop Onew from ruining his own life. As brothers in this school, we all tried helping him, but he said everything will work out. But look now, years gone and nothing accomplished. Im afraid time is running out.

 

“ We, in turn for Eunkyuk protected the sister. Not for Onew, but because we feel sorry that she has no clue of the danger she is in when she roams those streets outside of this school. Do us a favor and revenge. Get rid of Onew! I can bet you my life your leader no longer puts Shinee as his first priority. He didnt tell you what he has in mind nor did he tell you why he was gone for so long. That is greedy proof! He's putting everything on the line! We did our part. Now its your turn. Protect Krystal Jung and dont let her know anything. Keep Onew away from Krystal.”

 

“ What is it that you guys know that we dont? And watch your dirty mouth,” Minho threatened stepping forward, almost getting ready to pulverize Yonghwa for speaking so ill.

 

“ What did Onew tell you guys while he was here?  When he got released, his parents suddenly died. Then all he did was leave us a mission before he left,” Taemin said. It seemed like they had no clue at all.

 

“ A mission? Coward first runs away,” Yonghwa scoffed. “ Cant even do it himself.”

 

“ To get rid of her,” Minho stated, without knowing the particular her was listening in from behind.

 

Krystal had to think who the “her” was referring to. But the only girl in question was her. She was the her.

 

It was then she realized how slow she was to everything. She was set up since the very beginning.