Please Please Please. You were hungry and decided to go out and eat. You didnt go home yet!

What Krystal Didn't Know

 


Taemin was the only one still in his regular clothes, a blue t-shirt with black jeans. With his bluetooth in his ear, he swung his bookbag over his shoulder and made his way to the door

" Yes Key. I'm doing my homework," he lied locking his front door. The night was darkening. Perfect time for the others.

" Doing homework? That is the silliest thing I ever heard. By chance... Are you drunk?"

Taemin wasn't drunk but he was feeling a little sorry for ditching and lying. He was never good at it and never tried to lie to s. But wasn't it two timing if he told Krystal he could trust him and then followed the members right now?

" Yah! I go to school you know! It's normal to do homework! And I'm 100% sure I'd rather stay home than join you guys in doing extreme makeover home edition on Krystal's house. And I literally mean extreme."

Taemin already hopped in a taxi going to visit Krystal. He tried to keep his mind off Jonghyun and his bat. It was paining him to act clueless in front of Krystal.

.          .                 .            .

" Where is the patient in room 101? It's empty!," he asked the nurse shakily. Her clipboard fell when he collided into her in the hall.

" Oh! Krystal Jung? She requested to be discharged. She left not too long."

" DISCHARGED?," he shouted. His mind was flying inmany directions.  " Maybe she's not far away!" He was about to speed towards the elevator when the nurse spoke again.

" Sir. Krystal's healthcare expired years ago and someone needs to pay her medical bills."

" I'll pay!" He quickly have her his information.

Repeatingly pressing the elevator button, he grew impatient and took the stairs from the seventh floor.

" Please please please. You were hungry and decided to go out and eat. You didn't go home yet!!"

It was his only hope.

=======================================

 


" STOP STOP STOP!," he shouted at the driver seeing the blurry silouette through the rainy windshield. He rushed out of the car with the heavy rain the least of his worries.

 

He had to stop her before she got home. From a distance, he saw she was about a few feet away. She was wearing her school uniform and her hands were on the top of her head shielding from the rain.

 

" KRYSTAL! KRYSTAL!" He screamed at the top of his lungs but she didnt turn back. She didn't hear him. Taemin stomped into deep puddles and his socks oozed wet. Rain completely soaked his hair and got into his eyes.

 

She noticed the door unlocked and stepped in.

 

" NOOO," he screamed again and slipped landing on his . He was too late.

.               .               .                 .              .

 

She wanted to get out of the hospital. It was boring and she hated the smell. So Krystal packed her clothes and she headed home.

" Why is it raining all of a sudden?," she groaned asking the sky being umbrella-less. It was raining harder than she expected.

 


She was almost at her door. Searching for her keys, she saw the door already unlocked.

 

Her eyes widened.  " Trespassers?," she thought.

 

She opened the door to a recall of a few nights before. Like a screencap.

 

Was she hallucinating? She was starting to forget it all. But it was happening again. The rain, The bat. The black clothes. Why did it have to haunt her like this?

 

" Theres nothing to break in here!," Minho exclaimed kicking the only thing on the floor. The picture frame.

 

The boys froze in place as a draft of cold air poured in. It was an unexpected guest. Krystal stood rooted to the ground. Her school uniform was completely wet and her long black hair stuck to her face. She looked pretty scary.

 

There was a moment of awkward silence with the sound of the rain pelting her heart.

 

The wallpaper was rupped apart and graffited on. Her gaze turnedto her parents on the floor. They were still smiling at her. The two picture frames she managed to save from her happy memories was now broken into pieces.

 

" Omma...Appa...," she thought. " Its all my fault."

 

Her expression turned from shock to fury. It was bubbling inside her. She had enough of this. People bullied her. They would'nt leave her be.

 

She made a move foward. Krystal was no longer blocking the doorframe so the boy with the bat bolted for the exit. She was surprised he had no intention of hurting her. Why did they only target the useless house?

 

Either way, she could'nt let them get away that easily. She grabbed the tall boy closest to her by the arm. The one that kicked her father.

 

Minho was behind Jonghyun until he felt a soft tug on his arm. He had a chance to run for it. The door was right in front of him. She wasnt even holding on tightly. But he stopped and turned to look at her. She looked into his eyes.

 

She only got to see his eyes. The only part of his face uncovered.

 

His eyes were big and brown with small eyebags. The shocked eyes that looked down at Krystal was now etched in her mind.

 

" Why are you guys doing this to me?," she whispered.

 

Her eyes were already swollen with nonstop tears with a frown on her face. There was not one day he saw her smile. The times she was around people to when she was alone.

 

" Why...," she said again. Minho had no answer. It was as if she put a hypnosis on him. He couldnt look away from her and neither could she.

 

He began to ask himself that. Why. Why  was he doing this? Itwas the first time he was feeling it.

 

Pity.

 

Was it because she was different? Unlike the other times, Krystal didn't show weakness. Only tears. But they were tears of anger and confusion. Not tears of sadness.

 

" I dont understand....why are you doing this again?"

 

Minho watched as she absentmindedly knelt on glass in front of the picture he kicked before. Taking out the picture from underneath the glass, she cut her pinky finger. No sign of pain. Krystal raised the pictures to her face and cried. Her shoulders started to shake but she didn't cry outloud.

 

Why  was he still standing there alone when Key and Jonghyun left? He hadan urge to comfort her. But he knew it was his fault.

 

Taking a last look at Krystal's sad form, he walked out the door and into the rain. Her words kept echoing in his head as he ignored the members who asked him why he took so long.

 

He should've kept his eyes on the road, but his eyes were still lost.

 

SCREEEEEEEEEEEECH

 

" YO MAN!,"Key yelled when he got flung foward from the backseat.

 

" DRIVE-STRAIGHT! DONT TAKE UP TWO LANES," Jonghyun said flustered taking hold of the wheel. Jonghyun;s hands stayed on the wheel as Minho leaned his head back and closed his eyes. Key held tightly onto his seat while watching Minho curiously.

 

Minho was not the type to drive carelessly. Specially on the road.

 

" Why...I dont understand.....Why are you doing this again?"

 

Again? What did she mean by again? He was sure this was the first time they saw her.