Forgiven for now

What Krystal Didn't Know

 

Krystal waited for Taemin to return home a week later. She stayed away for a week, rethinking a plan before facing him. 
 
He didn't come back until midnight.
 
Once he got inside, Taemin fumbled with the keys still inside the keyhole.  He was having a hard time pulling them out. His head swerved side to side with his eyes having a hard time staying open.
 
He was drunk. 
 
Krystal came out from her dark hiding spot and touched his hand. Removing the keys from his grasp, she pulled them out for him. He noticed his phone was also attached to his keys. A habit Taemin had so he wouldn't lose his keys if he kept his phone with him at all times.
 
Strangely, he had the same sundae keychain as she did, but in a different color. Right below the chain, she noticed a familiar scratch she seen before. Before she got to take a closer look, a hand brushed hers.
 
Krystal  gasped and caught Taemin before he fell to the ground. 
 
" Oppa! You went drinking?," she asked him. 
 
A teeny curl of a smile rose from the corner of his mouth and he put all his weight on her. Krystal yelped as they both collapsed onto the ground with him on top of her.  The phone flew out of her hand.
 
He wouldn't move for a few seconds when she tapped him. Did he fall asleep on her? 
 
" You....," he moaned. Nope, he didn't.
 
" Why did you come back." 
 
There was a moment of silence as his words stung her. She thought he wanted her to come back.  Or at least she was hoping he continued to worry for her.
 
The darkness of the house swallowed all the words she had in mind. She cursed at herself for not opening any lights before he managed to fall on top of her. 
 
" What did Jonghyun do to you this time? Let me punch that jerk. Or did you come back for your clothes like you said you would?," he laughed sadly, his hot breath tickling her ear. Krystal realized he wasn't talking about her and the sting went away. 
 
Why did she feel relieved that he didn't talk bad about her even though she was suppose to have a grudge against him?
 
She pushed Taemin off her and somehow managed to get him back on his feet. 
 
When he got back on his feet, it was as if the life in him returned. He started running towards her room.
 
" Where are you going?," she cried trying to get him back into his own room. Their conversation could wait until tomorrow. She wasn't going to get any truth from him tonight.
 
He stopped at the doorframe with a limpness in him that reminded her of a zombie. Grabbing her wrist viciously, he pulled her towards the walk in closet.  She yelled at him in protest and was shocked at his drunken behavior. Krystal was never man handled by Taemin before as he was always so gentle towards her.
 
" Se Kyung come look! Lookie! I bought this for you, remember?," he giggled opening the doors to reveal the smell of Sweet Pea.  Taemin pulled out a pretty blue sweater and hugged it to his chest consuming the smell. 
 
She connected the dots and realized the girl who lived in this room before she did, was named Se Kyung. It made her curious to how important she was to him. There was a sheepish look on his face like he was in an amazing dream. Krystal never seen him look so peacefully happy before.
 
" Uh Oh, the perfume is fading." He gasped like a little kid and went searching in the drawers beneath. Taemin pulled out a bottle of pink liquid and started squirting massive amounts onto the clothes. " You loved this smell Se Kyung, you really did!" 
 
He kept calling her a name she was not. Taemin's behavior was starting to scare her and she retried the effort of dragging him away from his possessed state. 
 
Remembering that Krystal was still in the room, he gestured her towards the corner where the boxes were.
 
" I didn't want to throw these away. I really didn't. I packed them but couldn't make myself throw them away. Memories, our memories," he slurred hugging the box before revealing the contents.
 
There on top was the picture with Onew. He put it aside and dug in deeper. Krystal picked it up and brushed her finger against Onew's face. 
 
Pocketing the picture, there was a sound close to a whimpering dog. A fat tear falling onto the picture  he was currently holding. 
 
" Se Kyung..my Se Kyung," he muttered caressing the picture. Looking over his shoulder, Krystal saw him talking about the girl once more. The picture she saw weeks ago of Taemin holding the girl's hand but with a grave expression.  But this picture had the whole crew.
 
" Minho...Onew...Key...Jonghyun...Se Kyung.. And me. Shinee, our family," he revealed.
His eyes fluttered and dashed in her direction. He dived for her waist and clung for life. Before she could pry him off for excessive skinship today, what he said threw her off guard.
 
" How is the baby? Baby can you hear me?", Taemin cooed talking to her belly. " Jonghyun Hyung is such a lucky guy. He gets to have Se Kyung and the baby...Don't leave me again...please be with me, not my Hyung...I loved you...do you hear me from where you are? Why didn't I tell you before it was too late? But you would have still stayed with him. I was just a friend to you...Why did you leave me..but it's all okay now...You sent me Krystal...but I have to take care of her like I took care of you now...hsuse..djei....waffles..I want waffles for breakfast. Cook me waffles Se Kyung..."
 
Waffles was the last ridiculous comment he made before he fell asleep for real. 
 
Krystal took her time inspecting Taemin's flushed face and touched his cheek. She grew affectionate for him ever since they met. A short lived crush since the feelings never grew into something more. Nothing would ever replace his hospitality and she owed him so much since the day he saved her.
 
She felt the last few grains of butterflies in her stomach disappear that night. Taemin didn't like her. He had his heart reserved for somebody else all along. She was just a burden and she gave Taemin extra baggage. 
 
Krystal decided to set Taemin free. She couldnt live with him any longer knowing his secret.  If he felt annoyed for taking care of her like he took care of the other girl, she was only causing him pain and she didnt intend on replacing the other girl. A knot of pity developed in her stomach where Taemin continued to hug her. He had somebody he loved whom didn't love him back.  He had enough troubles without her in his life. She was selfish all this time to believe Taemin cared for her. She was becoming too dependent on him. 
 
Krystal didn't expect this outcome and wanted to give Taemin a piece of her mind ever since she left the school. But she didn't feel angry with him anymore. Another truth dawned upon her. How could she even doubt a person who has the ability to love and gave her a chance to start over under his roof when she was on the verge of having nothing?
 
Settling him in his own bed and removing his shoes, she thought her last farewell and hoped he didn't remember tonight.
 

" For the best for each other, let's go our separate ways. I won't look for you anymore. I forgive you," she said before giving him a small peck on the forehead. 

 
Truthfully, she hated the thought of leaving this luxurious house. But it was now onto Plan B. so she was going to have a place to stay soon. She picked up Taemin's phone off the ground and placed it on a table. Krystal noticed a funny looking box where they both fell. It must've fell out of his pocket. 
 
She opened the box and inside was an expensive looking LED watch that shone once the box opened. A message showed on the screen.  
 
" Hey Krystal! This is my small present to you for no specific reason at all. I hope you use this watch so you know when to come home on time. It also texts and video calls so if you ever need help or in trouble, call me! If you don't accept this present, I will be mad! Its unreturnable!"
 
So this box was for her! She put the watch on her Wrist and it fit perfectly. A piece of Taemin she could take with her before leaving. 
 
He passed her test without intentionally taking it. 
 
But what she didn't know at the time. 
 
She misunderstood half of what Taemin drunk confessed. 
 
And leaving Taemin might be the most dangerous decision she could make.
   
 
 
---------------------------------------
WHAT DO YOUUU THINK WILL HAPPEN TO SHINEE AND KRYSTAL IN THE END? WHAT WILLTHEIR FATES BE? I'm a troll so I can make the ending make sense but a total outcome you didn't expect.