The Will and Testament

What Krystal Didn't Know

I think this gif is pretty appropriate to insert for this section

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Key fell into his seat, unable to swallow the feeling of wrongness as he looked up at Onew. His own parents disowned him at a young age, but he never would have thought of hating them so much to kill them. Even Taemin lost his own parents a year ago, but they were on good terms.

 

He bleakly asked Onew the question he has been wondering. “ Why are you telling me this. Why did you bring me here?”

 

Because we're all alike here. We're all bad guys,” Onew stated ultimately, like it was obvious. On the other hand, Key was feverishly shaking his head in disagreement. Everything was completely wrong!

 

NO WE'RE NOT. Only you are. And you. AND THEM,” Key said as his voice got louder, pointing to Onew, Sulli, and Beast who were still outside. " WHY ARE YOU CHANGING SIDES. WE WERE GOOD."

 

Onew chuckled at his dongsaeng's blindness. “ Nu uh uh. Take a look at Jonghyun. How is he not a bad guy though? He killed his own girlfriend.”

 

He loved her and you know he didn't kill her.” Key became enraged once again and shot out of his seat like a soaring bullet. He flared his nose, ready to throw out the other pointers he could bring out in protest. Sulli yawned and continued to watch him unravel his emotions. Onew was still calm, unlike Key who was the only one causing a bipolar ruckus. They were both on different ends of a stick.

 

He looked at the younger one and threatened him to not defy. " But I'm your leader and I clearly said that dating outside of our world is forbidden if it ends up threatening our existence. She was pregnant while I was away. A baby. Where would that leave Jonghyun? He would've became a father.

 

To be honest, Im hurt. No secrets in Shinee was our sworn promise. I did what was best for us, so I had to get rid of her. As the leader, I had to protect us. What is more important Kibum? The girl, or the members. Sulli didn't kill Jonghyun's girl because she wanted to. It was because she had to. You dont want an innocent girl to witness the violence and corruption we have to deal with everyday. It would never last. You would either rot away because of her or she would betray you. Sooner or later, the others will become murderers if you don’t stop it. You're the only one that can help them. I'll request this for the last time and I expect it to be done.”

 

Onew slapped something into his palm. Key looked down and noticed the smiling face of Krystal in the passport sized picture. He felt the smooth surface of Krystal's smiling face and didn't know what to do once he realized what Onew was talking about. Why was he so determine to kill his own sister but couldn't do it himself? He even killed his own parents, even though it was not with his own hands. He made others do his dirty work. Pathetic.

 

Once you become a gangster, you cant leave. You can try to leave, sure. But the gangster side of you will always be a part of you.”

 

But she's your sister,” Key painfully said, not understanding his twisted logic. “ The only family you have left.”

 

“ Wrong. Again. You guys are my family. This group is my kin. Only we understand each other fully. Anybody else never will. My parents didn't. They ended up dying because of that and interfered with my business. I just dont want Krystal to know the truth about me because it will hurt her. She doesn't know what I do and she's going to find out if this drags out. The truth will hurt the members too. But whatever cost it might take, I'm not going to lose any of you. No one. Not even the girls you end up loving or my sister.”

 

Key stood with his arms by his side. Onew was right. Shinee was falling apart, and it was because of all this nonsense about women. Taemin and Minho has turned into completely new people. Jonghyun was still so depressed that he evaded everyone. Who was this Krystal anyways turning Taemin into a man? He wanted his maknae back. If Onew ever found out about what he knew about the rest, things would get more bloody.

 

Onew continued to whisper malicious and false lies to Key, trying to convince him to do what he probably never would've agreed to. But he was so angry and confused. Sad and alone.

 

Dont you miss the times we were together as 5? We can go back to that again. All hyung is asking for is your help. Lead Krystal to me. You dont have to kill her. I'll handle it. All of us will heal over time. Have faith.”

 

Key was blinded by the utopia implanted by Onew. Slowly, he nodded with enlarged eyes and a single tear streamed down his cheek.

 

I missed you hyung,” he mumbled with chapped lips, yearning for the hug he has been wanting ever since Onew left for America. Onew granted his wish and smiled victoriously at Sulli. Everything was working the way they planned. He knew he could count on manipulation.

 

Me too Kibum. Me too.”

 

FLASHBACK * Onew in America for business*

 

We're ready for you Mr. Jung,” the teller announced, extending her arm to address the direction he should walk towards. She was a foreigner, a middle aged woman with blue eyes and fascinating blond hair.

 

Onew nodded slightly and told his men to take guard outside of the vault. The teller eyed his men suspciously but decided it was best to stay unsaid. Onew took a few steps cautiously into the air tight room. Only a chair and business table was set in the middle of the room. He eyed the vaults in the room with dashing eyes, wondering which one held his parent's fortune.

 

' No,” he grinned, fixing his choice of words. “ My fortune.”

 

The teller sat down behind her desk and Onew sat down in his chair in font of her.

 

First off, I'm so sorry for your loss,” she said considerably, handing over a lollipop to him. He frowned at this action. What did she take him as? He wasn't a little kid!

 

I'm going to become a multimillionaire in the next hour and you're handing me a lollipop?,” he scoffed inwardly, but nevertheless took the lemon flavored sweet from her. He had to put on a sympathetic play.

 

Thank you, even though I'm doing fine. It was devastating at first to know that my parents were the victims of a violent act by society, but we're getting by. Me and my sister, you know? We were left to be orphans. She's only in middle school. I just left high school a while ago and turned 19. I'm going to live with a smile on my face and take care of my younger sister.”

 

The attractive teller fell for his words and put her right hand against her heart. Evidently, she was too gullible and easy to trick. “ That is very nice to hear, such positive words from a young man like you. Luckily for you, since you have already been an adult since you turned 18, you are legible to inherit anything under your parent's name.”

 

Onew acted in astonishment, but on the inside, he was in triumph. This day has finally come, the day he has been waiting for. He could get his hands on that loot! " Do what you must ma'am," he smiled pointing at the computer. Doing as she was told, the teller typed away on her computer until he saw her falter in confusion.

 

" Is....something wrong?," he blurted out, noticing that she was no longer typing or looking at him assuringly. She nodded and gestured at the screen. " It says here that your parents went to the bank on the same day they died to create a will."

 

Rapid anger surged through his body. Onew had the strong urge to flip the table over and shoot the teller down. So instead of going to the bank to retrieve his random money, his parents went to make a will? Holding himself down in his chair, he tweaked a forced smile. " What do you mean a will? I never heard about any will. Are you sure you read correctly?"

 

The teller nodded and went into her pocket to retrieve a key. She traced the wall with her finger and passed each vault one by one, until she reached the biggest one. Inserting a key into the vault, she opened it and found what she was looking for. A crisp yellow envelope with the flap closed with his father's official wax stamp. Onew couldn't believe this was happening. He didn't know what was enclosed in the envelope, but he had the feeling it was his obstacle.

 

" Your parents have stated in the computer system by quote that in case their lives were at stake or if they ever died, this will in my hand would go into affect and whatever is inside must be followed. The Bank of America will do everything in our power to make sure that everything is carefully and correctly processed," the teller revealed to Onew, ripping apart the wax to pull out a piece of paper.

 

" This is the LAST WILL AND TESTAMENT of Mr. Peter Jung. This is my last will and testament, revoking all previously made wills and codicils. I am not under duress or undue influence to make this will, therefore any contents written on this will and testament-," she read, before Onew stood up impatiently and commanded her to get to the benefits.

 

She gulped and scrolled down the will to its most important information as he requested. " I bequeath the whole of my estate, property and effects, whether movable or immovable, wheresoever situated and of whatsoever nature to my spouse Mrs. Julia Jung. Should my spouse not survive by me, I direct that the whole of my estate, property and effects, whether movable or immovable, wheresoever situated and of whatsoever nature be given to my daughter Krystal Jung the day she turns eighteen of age."

 

Onew gripped the edge of the table so hard his knuckled turned white. The teller saw the change in attitude and sensed that he could be dangerous. She backed up a little and looked at him fearfully, hoping that he wouldn't explode.

 

" Does it mention anything at all, anything at all, about me," he exclaimed through closed eyes. The teller said no and this time, Onew really flipped the table over. She shrieked and ran over to the corner of the room. Onew felt like hurting her for even mentioning anything about the will from the start.

 

" You really ruined everything for me. Everything was suppose to fall into my hands," he told her angrily, forcing her against the wall as he came closer. " Because of you, I have to do something I wasn't planning on doing."

 

She looked down at the will again, in hope of actually reading everything wrong and the man cowering over her wasn't going to hurt her because she made a mistake. Unfortunately, she couldn't find a mistake. Everything she has told Onew was the truth.

 

" Sir, please calm down or I'll call security to you," she threatened, pointing at the security button against the wall next to her.

 

Onew managed to collect his anger and picked up the teller's table. All her pens and papers were thrown across the room as well as her computer. However, he didn't feel like picking those up for her. He made his way to the exit and whistled for his men. The teller shivered at what just happened and shook her head at the will. Never had she had to deal with such ordeals at this job.

 

" Pity. He didn't get anything," she said, slipping the paper back into the envelope and locked it into the vault. " But his sister won't be getting anything either regardless if she does turn eighteen. The legal guardian in charge of her isnt even her brother. Some guy named Mr. Lee. If the old man is still alive and Krystal turns eighteen, everything would go to him. I wonder if he even knows that."

 

 

A/N: Hmmm....guess who is this Mr. Lee.  PLOT TWIST. Mwahaha.

I know how painful it is for some people to write comments especially when they might not like what theyre reading or overall think its awkward to write something. So instead of writing an input, id like to ask a favor.

Every time you finish reading one of my updates, all im asking is to please comment with a ♥ so i at least know my fic is alive.