Reappearance

What Krystal Didn't Know

 

This room was too normal for his own comfort. The hello kitty curtains to the white armchairs were too out of place. An evil person wouldn't choose white furniture! It made him worry even more. Where was Shinee now and were they looking for him? Did they notice that he was gone? Jonghyun sounded like he hung up on him before he heard his distress.

 

Key heard the heavy footsteps walking into the living room. He never thought he would see this person again so soon. He didn't even think he would've came back. The figure definitely got taller over the years and his hair now reached his shoulders. It was definitely him.

 

Key couldn’t find the right words to say. There was a feeling of recognition, but why did he feel the cold tension?

 

Onew took a seat in front of him and Key twisted his head to inspect him. It was hyung, but it wasn't hyung. This hyung had a dark aura surrounding him that casted all jokes aside. Plus, this Onew was with JinRi. Onew was with a murderer.

 

“ Unravel him! What are you waiting for! Is this how you treat your seniors?,” Onew bellowed at Beast one by one, curling his lips threateningly. The boys looked hesitantly at JingRi, indecisive on which boss to take orders from.

 

“ Go ahead,” she said before telling them to leave the room.

 

“ Sit, sit. We have a lot of catching up to do,” Onew said settling comfortably on the couch, with JinRi throwing herself beside him. “ So, how have you been? Like the house? I bought it for her.”

 

Key stood firmly where he was released and looked at Onew with a grain of salt. He didn't know when he and her became friends, but it wasn't a good thing. Onew must have read his mind, because he chuckled and gestured at her. “ I havent introduced my girlfriend. You may know her as JinRi. But she's Sulli now.”

 

“ Of course I couldn't recognize her. She got so much done on her face she looks like a monkey now. Is that how you stayed hidden all this time? You were right under our noses in Seoul,” Key growled tightening his fist. “ Shinee swore to kill her.”

 

JinRi stood up uninterested by his threat and opened her irrelevant mouth. “ Shinee minus Onew wanted to kill me.”

 

“ Why did you bring me here?,” Key asked Onew, ignoring her.

 

He brushed his hair back cockily. “ To talk things over.”

 

“ About what? How Shinee's been in a wreck since you left and what this did to JinRi? What BEAST did to Minho and Jonghyun? Not to mention what you've done to us by leaving. Why are you with her? You're not suppose to be with her! She destroyed us!,” Key yelled in anger whilst spitting on her face.

 

Onew abruptly stepped foward and guarded JinRi. “ Back up, hold up. Is JinRi really the one to blame? Besides, she's been my girlfriend longer than Jonghyun has been with the other girl. Are you going to disrespect hyung by disrespecting her?”

 

The both of them were nose to nose and Key stepped back. Onew smirked at the action and nodded in expectation.

 

“ Still the weak one of the group. Can never take a fight just like the others. Its time to man up, what do you say? Join me and I can offer you more than what you have now.” He placed a welcoming hand on Key's shoulder. Key looked at it with disgust and shook it off.

 

“ Never. Not until I get the truth. You owe the four of us the truth.”

 

Onew raised an eyebrow. “ Are you sure you can handle the truth? There's no turning back once you hear what comes out. Like if you heard that my girlfriend isn’t the only murderer in this room?”

 

It all when cold and Key felt the blood in his veins freeze. Shinee was never about the murder, but for the freedom of adventure and thehrill of no rules. They never killed for the joy.

 

“ Is this all about Krystal still? Has this all been about Krystal? What are you going to do to her already?,” he demanded angrily. He honestly didn't give a about that girl anymore and all the trouble she was bringing.

 

“ No, im not talking about Krystal at the moment. But she will come later. The question isn’t what I'm going to do, but what I did.”

 

Mr. and Ms. Jung was at home for once after a month's long of traveling. They were called to return home last week when their son's juvenile school called them to report that he had murdered an inmate. The two poor parents didn't know how to handle their son who had gone violently corrupt in the mind.

 

“ Maybe it's our fault for sending him to that place. He didn't want to go in the first place. We're the reason why he ended up like this. Onew wasn't like this before honey. He use to be a smart and bright boy!,” Ms. Jung cried into a napkin. Her husband comforted her but disagreed.

 

“ Dont blame ourselves. We saw the boy turning sour once he met the wrong people. We have no choice but to continue covering up the murder and protecting him. Where is he now? He hasn't returned home ever since we took him out of the school.”

 

Ms. Jung choked up some more and sobbed that she wasn't able to get a hold of her son on his cellphone either. “ It's like he's avoiding us for good. We have to do something or he's going to do something terrible. We have to watch him-.”

 

At that moment, an anonymous phonecall rang on Mr Jung's cellphone.

 

Ring

 

Ring

 

“ Hello? Mr. Jung speaking.”

 

“ I have your son,” the voice spoke clearly from the other end.

 

“ My son? Who is this? What is this about my son?<” Mr. Jung yelled into the phone with panic. Ms. Jung stood up and clung onto  his arm in fear.

 

“ NuAbo Creek. Bring a 10,000,000,000 won check and yourselves. Contact the police and your son will die,” the voice instructed before hanging up.

 

Mr. Jung lowered his cellphone from his ear and looked at his wife. “ Onew got into trouble. He's kidnapped and they asked for 10,000,000,000 won.”

 

“ But we cant do this! How can we not notify the police! This is too dangerous! Krystal is in school at the moment! This is too dangerous! Do you hear me yeobo?,” she cried.