His sin

What Krystal Didn't Know

HellOoOoOoOo. New Chapter. No writing block for once. It just came out out of the blue so im glad I didn't have to think too hard.

Countdown to EXO'S comeback D-NEVER.

No not funny? I know.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mr. Jung gripped the suitcase with sweaty palms as he stepped out of the car. He was feeling very lightheaded after taking a few aspirins. His newly shined leather shoes dug into the soil as he walked toward the bank of the river. He stopped at the edge and whistled in signal that he had arrived. Taking an uneven breath, he closed her eyes and listened to the slapping of the waves against the stone. They told him to meet at Nu Abo Creek, which was an abandoned river outside of the city that no one visited.

 

A rough scowl and a click of a gun set into position alerted him. He turned his head and saw a man in his young twenties walking towards him with a gun pointing towards his head. Mr. Jung felt his fatherly instinct coming over him as he took pity in the generation of kids these days turning towards violence.

 

“ Hand it over,” the man ordered, waving the gun up and down with the other hand outstretched. The suitcase followed the gun's aim. Mr. Jung bravely took a step back a little further and shook his head. He fearfully eyed the gun and also how close he was at the edge of the waters.

 

“ Not until I see my son safe,” he blurted out, hiding the suitcase behind him, no longer using it as a shield for his body. The man wavered his gun and shot it once in the air. The sound was covered by Mr. Jung's scream of terror and retreated the suitcase back to his front. He was now in tears but stood his front.

 

“ You'll get the money when I get my son,” he said again. The man nodded in agreement. “ Okay. He's coming.”

 

Mrs. Jung sighed in great relief. So he wasn't hurt.

 

Another man was grabbing onto Onew's tied arms as they both walked from out of the opening. He was wearing a black eye and a bruised lip. Mr. Jung loudly called out Onew's name and tried to make a run for him, but the man with the gun warned him to not move.

 

Onew knelt on the soil and gasped in pain. “ Dad, just give him the money.”

 

Mr. Jung wanted to know if his son was all right. “ Are you hurt anywhere?”

 

“ Im fine,” he groaned, crunching his face in exaggerated agony.

 

“ What did they do to you? Is anything broken?”

 

“ Dad, give them the money,” Onew said again impatiently, this time with more force and gritted teeth.

 

“ How can I reward them for hurting you? I cant son.”

 

Onew growled under his breath and stood up impatiently. “ Untie me Kikwang. The old man is playing hard to get.”

 

The man called Kikwang pulled a single string on his wrists and the wires easily fell like they weren't even tied properly. Mr. Jung was now confused. Why were they untieing him?

 

Onew wasted no time and roughly barged into Junhyung, taking the gun from his hands.

 

“ Give me the money and this is the last time I'm going to say it.”

 

He understood now. Mr. Jung's face changed from confusion to a wave of hurt and betrayal. His own son set him up.

 

“ Son, put the gun down. If you want, we can talk about this. I never once got angry with you and this is not the time either,” he said soothingly in hopes he would fall for it.

 

Onew shivered and they all saw him grow weak for that second. His shoulders shook and he took a good look at his father as if he realized the wrong he was committing. They loved him.

 

“ Jinki, this is not you. Im begging you to put the gun down.” Mr. Jung called him by his real name, because that was who he was.

 

But then, Onew saw the briefcase and violent facade returned. “ Im not Jinki. At least not anymore. This is who I am now.....Are you going to give me the money or not?”

 

Mr. Jung gave it a few seconds of thought and locked eyes with his son. He was trying to search for a lie that his son didn't mean for any of this. Or a trace of that eye smile he loved whenever Jinki laughed. But in these pair of eyes, there was no humanity or warmth.

 

He wished it wouldn't have come down to this. Deep inside, he wished his son would have gave up at his first offer. But he knew JinKi hasn't been around for a long time.

 

“ You've grown up, my boy. You're no longer a kid and I finally see that now........so if you want the money that your mother and I worked so hard to build, GO GET IT.”

 

He flung the suitcase as hard as he could into the river. It flew about 10 feet and landed in the water with an audible splosh. Onew yelled in rage and dropped the gun as he dived into the water. Mr. Jung ran with all his might towards the car where his wife was secretly hiding.

 

However, the younger men were faster. They grabbed onto him and tackled him to the hard ground before either men saw the car.

 

Back at the river, Onew managed to retrieve the suitcase. He gasped in heavy breaths as he dragged his heavy body from out of the water. Pushing the hair back from his eyes, he opened the suitcase with greedy eyes. He was about to look at 10 billion won in cash. The wild look in his eyes scared Mr. Jung and knew that his fate in a few minutes was not going to be good. Onew was not going to like what he sees.

 

Onew gaped at the contents and the bone in his jaw was throbbing. He looked up with one eye at his father.

“ Where is the money. WHY IS IT ALL BLANK?,” he screamed money sized paper.

 

“ I didn't bring a single buck with me here. As a matter of fact, me and your mother never planned to,” Mr Jung said bravely.

 

Onew's face was murderous as he took a step closer. “ So you set me up?”

 

“ Likewise to you.” Onew's left eyebrow went up and the bruised lip he had curled into a sneaky smile.

 

“ If this how you want to play, then fine. I set you up. You set me up. But the difference is. Only one of us will be leaving here alive.” He picked up the perfectly functioning gun and cocked it.

 

Mr. Jung knew it. Kikwang and Junhyung gave a kick to the back of Mr. Jung's waist and he fell on his stomach. Before Onew got to press the trigger, there was rapid sound of running and unexpected oofs as a random person appeared out of nowhere to kick Kikwang and Junhyung.

 

“ Back away from my husband,” Mrs. Jung demanded with threatening eyes. She stood in front of her fallen husband and held out her arms in protection.

 

“ Yeobo, I told you to stay in the car,” he hoarsely whispered clutching his stomach.

 

“ You promised me when we got married. You cant leave me. If you're going to die, we're going to leave together.” She glared at her son regretfully with anger that she never had before. She always raised her kids in a loving environment. How did things become like this.

 

“ If you're going to kill your own father, kill your own mother too.....and while I still have my last few breaths, Im going to say that omma is very disappointed in you. There is always a solution to problems, and we would have gladly helped you if you came to us. If you kill us both right now, there is no turning back.”

 

As she said this, Onew knew that her last sentence had a double meaning. She meant there was no turning back on what he had become. If he was going to spill their blood, it would make it official that he was no longer Lee Jinki, the smiley angel, but Onew the er. There would be no forgiveness from them or for himself.

 

He clutched his head with jumbled thoughts, and remembered all those happy times. His birthdays and Krystal smearing cake on his face despite his protests. Omma's warm hugs and the smell of lotion on her clothing.

 

But what he couldn’t get out of his head were the times when he needed them but they weren’t there for him. They even sent him to that horrible school to be tortured like an animal at a slaughterhouse. Soon, their smiles of joy were ripped to shreds in his mind.

 

Hesitantly, he threw the gun at Junhyung and turned his back away from them. Closing his eyes, he made his decision. “ Dont let them leave here alive or any traces the police can find.”

 

As he walked away, he heard no sounds of protest. No screams of fear or begging for him to think it over. He got to the forest opening and stopped when he heard the double gun shots. He looked down at his frozen feet and realized what they had done for him before he realized. Their acceptance to be killed.

 

They died for his sins.