On the Move

What Krystal Didn't Know

 

Taemin had no idea where she could be. He knew less about Krystal than he thought. Where she would go besides school and home. She no longer had a job and the only home she has was his. What specific things she liked to eat or enjoyed.

 

He never sat down and had a proper talk with her. Nothing was going right. For him or Shinee. Ever since Krystal started living with him, he tried to leave out as many loopholes he can to Jonghyun so it was difficult for any of them to make a move on her.

 

This whole mission was starting to become meaningless and confusing. Shinee was only acting in place of Onew without knowing what they were suppose to accomplish or why they were doing it.

 

Taemin dropped his dinner and shot to the window at every car or person that passed by. As hours passed by and Christmas Eve was about to close, he began to panic. It has been one day since she absconded at the start of winter break.

 

“ She never mentioned any family members...,” he said. “ A Merry Christmas wouldn’t have hurt if you did leave.”

 

He had gone through the trouble to buy her a gift. Taemin finally settled on his heart that he did like Krystal. But he was trying to convince himself that he didn’t to avoid more trouble. This was going to be the first girl he confessed to in a real manner.

 

-

“ Hurry back!,” Minho yelled at him from the parked car. Taemin ran into the mall and straight into an LG store.

 

“ Good Afternoon sir, are you looking for a new phone?” A tall saleswoman greeted him upon entrance. She opened up the glass case to show the exhibition of new releases.

 

“ Yes, specifically for a girl.”

 

“ This one is of high demand and very popular with women, how about this one?,” she asked him. She was talking about the Lollipop phone. He made a face before moving on.

 

“ No thanks. Something else.” Taemin was buying Krystal a phone so she could return Minho his phone and have the one he bought for her.

 

“ Whats the most expensive appliance you have ?” He wouldn’t get an identical, no way; he was going to get something even better.

 

“ The LG GD910 Watch phone for 1,098,000 but I don’t think a kid for your age can aff-,” she started saying.

 

보여줘 주세요.”

 

“ But-” She didn’t believe that he was going to actually pay like the other window shoppers. Just taking a look and leaving.

 

“ I'm a customer no matter what age I am,” he scolded irritatedly. “ I said id like to see it.”

 

Obeying orders quietly, she went to the back and took out a watch.

 

How it looks like: http://www.technotalks.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/LG-GD910.jpg

 

“ It is a touch screen watch built in with SMS features, video calling, alarms, games, music, and of course the time.”

 

Taemin observed the watch, liking it. Krystal can both text and call him in class if she wanted to without getting in trouble since it looks like a watch. Maybe other kids would stop bothering her if they saw her having a cool watch. And seeing the two of them as a couple.

 

Making his satisfied decision, he fished out his wallet. Nothing can go wrong. “ Wrap it up for me.”

 

The salesperson's eyes widened, both impressed and jealous. “ That must be a very special girl for you to spend so much on her...부럽다!

 

Holding the holiday wrapped box underneath his jacket, he made his way back to the car and locked it into the cubby rapidly before Minho got a chance to see what it was.

 

“ Is that my Christmas present? What did you buy that's so secretive you have to hide from your Hyung?,” Minho asked pulling at the cubby. Taemin protected it and refused to tell.

 

-

It was 3 am and not a single call has been made to Taemin. He sat beside his phone the whole night hoping for it to ring.

 

Something was wrong. He felt it. He didnt know who to consult and felt stupid waiting around.

 

He decided to call the only person that he knew was also like him, keeping a secret about Krystal.

 

“ Hello?,” the voice on the other end croaked like a bullfrog.

 

“ Hyung!,” Taemin said urgently into the phone.

 

“ Min? Why- ITS 3 AM,” Minho shouted back at him. He heard a click and was hung up. Taemin his teeth and recalled. Luckily, Minho picked up again.

 

“ LOOK LOOK DONT HANG UP I REPEAT DONT HANG UP. ITS AN EMERGENCY,” Taemin said desperately hoping Minho hadn’t hung up yet.

 

“ Are you hurt? Where are you?”

 

“ No, but I think Krystal is,” Taemin whispered as if the walls could hear him. He heard the ruffles of blankets being thrown aside.

 

Minho POV

 

He thew aside his blankets and cleared his voice.

 

“ Why would I care if she's hurt and how do you know?,” Minho lied.

 

“ Cut the act. I know about you and Krystal having meetups. I know you gave Krystal your lollipop. Theres nothing to hide anymore.”

 

“ Look dude, okay you got me. But I only met her like twice! Dont snitch on me!,” Minho blurted as his heart rate went up by three thousand.

 

“ I wont snitch on you. Because....I meet with her too apart from school.”

 

There was silence afterward. The both of them tried to grasp what they just admitted. “ Look, ill explain everything later but right now, Krystal is missing and I dont know where she is. You're the only one that can help me.”

 

“ I thought none of us knew where she lives now.”

 

“ She's living with me,” Taemin blurted. The burden on his shoulder was lifted.

 

Minho's mind slipped out of its socket. Taemin was talking crazy. He pulled on his jeans over his boxers with one hand. This was becoming complicated. And he thought it was only him who was in conflict. Minho remembered something and found out a way to help Taemin. “ I'll know where she is exactly. Meet you at your house in 10 minutes tops.”

 

He was in his car and his GPS. Eight little green dots expanded across the city map. Each Shinee member had a backup phone besides their regular one. Without telling s, he placed a tracker on each phone.

If they knew what the phone charms really were, they wouldn’t have kept it.

 

 

-

-Years ago-

 

“ I got a gift for y'all.” Minho pulled out a small bag and each of them looked inside.

 

“ Oh hell no!,” they all protested shooing the bag away.

 

“ Hey hey HEY! I bought two for each of us! Cmon, its cute! Since we all got engravings, I got us all these also!” He poured out a handful of different phone charms and went through them.

 

“ I got a couple one for you and Se Kyung. Maybe she would like it. Use it.” Minho said it as an order, not a suggestion. He gave the two part heart key chain to Jonghyun. Onew was the first one to step up to the plate.

 

“ Since Jonghyun took his, dont be a pain in the and just put one on your phone! If I find out that any of you takes it off, Shinee is done,” Onew said. His words were law. He made a slash across his neck to show he was serious.

-

Minho was extremely glad that all of Shinee did not take off their phone charms ever as they promised. He looked at each green dot. Key, Jonghyun, and Taemin's phones were all at home. At the YOU ARE HERE location, another green dot blinked. His blackberry in his pocket. But he couldn’t spot the other green dot on the map, the phone with Krystal. Minho scrolled up and down the map. He arrived at the house and Taemin was waiting outside.

 

“ What do you mean you'll know where she is exactly?,” Taemin asked. As soon as he came in, Minho saw his eyes. They were droopy from lack of sleep, but sharp with alarm.

 

“ You didn’t sleep the whole night? I’m glad you called me then.” Minho gave Taemin a warm shoulder pat, tendered of his trust in him.

 

“ I couldn't call anybody else. The only rational person was you.” Taemin noticed the unusual green dots on the GPS and asked him what it was. Minho admit what he did years back and Taemin promised to continue keeping it a secret. Suddenly, the out of place green dot blinked into view.

 

“ THERE!,” the both of them screamed pointing at the screen. “ THE HILL.” They looked at each other and smelled trouble ahead.