Don't be a stranger

Torn between HoMin and JYJ

 

“_______-ah!!” Changmin called out _______’s name happily as soon as he saw the girl enter the dressing room.

“Annyeong.” _______ replied with a wave and a bright smile on her face.  It’s been a while since she last saw the two that’s why she went to watch Yunho and Changmin’s comeback stage at Music Bank. With the help of her connections, she found her way towards the backstage.

“Did you watch us earlier?” Changmin asked ______ after taking a drink from his water bottle.

“Yeah. You guys were very cool! You both did an excellent job with singing your ballad as well.” ________ genuinely praised their talents while she showed Changmin her two thumbs up. “I almost got deaf because of your fans.” _______ said and laughed afterwards.

“Where’s Yunho oppa?” ______ curiously asked since she’s been talking to Changmin only.

Changmin pointed towards the couch and ______ saw Yunho sitting down with his phone in hand.

_______ casually walked towards the couch and sat beside Yunho.

“Congratulations on your comeback oppa.” _______ told Yunho with a sincere smile on her face.

“Thanks.” Yunho replied before turning his head to the side to look at _______.

“Are you okay?” _______ asked since Yunho’s face was unreadable to her, but he obviously was not too happy.

“Someone spotted you at their showcase.” Yunho simply answered. ______ was taken aback. She immediately knew what and who he meant. She didn’t know who would even bother telling Yunho or Changmin about her attendance at JYJ’s showcase since she’s practically a nobody.

“Oppa, are you mad?” she asked a bit anxiously. She knew she shouldn’t feel guilty about attending JYJ’s showcase because she is friends with all of them. But she actually hoped that neither Yunho nor Changmin would find out or ask. She wasn’t going to bring it up but she thought that if they asked then she wouldn’t lie.

“Are you going to leave us like they did?” He asked with his voice full of seriousness.

“Yunho oppa please don’t talk like that...” She looked into his eyes and asked for his understanding.

“Just don’t make us feel like we’re strangers to you. I know you’re trying to maintain a good relationship with us all. You’re really close to us _______ and I know it would hurt Changmin and I if we feel like your leaning towards more on their side than keeping your word.”

“You know it’s not like that oppa. I love you guys all the same. Nothing’s changing, okay?” ______ assured Yunho and he gave a nod. “Would you give me a hug to prove that you’re not holding a grudge against me?” ________ asked. Yunho smiled at her before giving her a hug. The hug was comforting and it made _______ feel at ease. To have a dent on their friendship would be the last thing that _______ wanted.

“_______, what are your plans afterwards?” Changmin asked as he now plopped down beside _______ on the couch.

“Nothing, just chilling.” _______ imitated Changmin’s tone and voice in Keep Your Head Down, that made Yunho and the maknae laugh.

“You feel like healing?” Yunho played along making ______ laugh too.

“Well hyung and I are planning to eat out with the others. Do you want to come?” Changmin asked after.

“No I don’t want to impose. It’s okay I’ll just be heading home.” ______ tried to gracefully reject the offer.

“Go with us ______, we haven’t seen you for a long time. I think it’s about time we catch up.” Yunho said, urging _______. Changmin mentioned some other reasons as well.

“Fine, only if it’s okay with the others.” ______ finally complied after their convincing.

_______ rode inside Yunho and Changmin’s van as they and the other dancers and staff drove to one of the samgyupsal restaurants to celebrate the duo’s successful comeback.

 

_______ sat in between Yunho and Changmin as everyone started to order for the big group. _______ knew some of the people since she met them before when she photographed for the guys so it wasn’t awkward for her. The night was filled with interesting conversations and a mix of laughs. The food that they were grilling themselves tasted great and a couple of shots of soju really made everyone enjoy more.

_______ checked her phone and it was about quarter to 10pm. She knew she had to be on her way home soon since she still had work the next day.

“Changmin, I have to go soon. How much do I chip in?” ________ asked as she looked for her wallet inside her bag.

“The company’s paying for it.” Changmin replied after chewing the rice in his mouth.

“Are you sure?” ________ asked, feeling a bit shy and out of place to be just eating for free.

“Don’t worry about it. It’s as if you forgot how our gatherings were.” Changmin reminded ______.

“Well I was working for you guys then.” _______ answered, she recalled how fun those late night dinners were.

After saying goodbye to the people around her, ________ stood up and was ready to leave.

“Oppa, where are you going?” ________ noticed Yunho stand up as well and was trailing behind her.

“I’m taking you home.” Yunho stated as he showed ______ the keys to the van that he borrowed fro their manager.

“What?! No no no no oppa. I can take a cab from here. It’s really no big deal. Stay here.” _______ tried to guide and push Yunho back to the restaurant but Yunho wouldn’t budge.

“It’s late at night _______. I’m driving you home.” Yunho sternly said making ______ just follow him to the van and entered it when Yunho opened the door for her.

 

Besides DBSK’s new album playing on the car stereo, the drive back to ______’s home was pretty quiet. ______ didn’t have to tell Yunho where she lived because he clearly remembered her address. They drove her a couple of times back when their shoots ended late at night or at the wee hours.

Yunho stopped in front of ______’s condo and she insisted that he shouldn’t walk her up to her floor anymore since she didn’t want any scandals erupting. It would be very bad for him and for her if anyone takes photos of them and blow up things out of proportion.

“So oppa, are we good? No more hard feelings?” _______ asked, wanting to confirm if everything was okay between them.

“Yeah, sorry about that ______. I didn’t mean to vent out on you.” Yunho apologized, feeling a bit guilty about his actions earlier.

“I can understand where you’re coming from oppa. Just don’t doubt me and my loyalty, okay? You know you guys mean a lot to me…all of you.” ________ reassured Yunho. The two exchanged goodnights as they ended the night with a hug.

“Don’t be a stranger.” Yunho whispered before letting go of _______.

“I’m just one call or text message away.” _______ told Yunho before opening the door.

“Me too.” Yunho replied and smiled at _______ one last time.

Yunho watched her until she went inside the building and into the elevators, making sure she safely got home. 



 

 

So is the love triangle becoming clearer now? haha ^_~ 
 
Tell me what you think. Tweet me at twitter.com/nisrandom
 
~Comment Replies~ Thanks so much for the support!! much love ♥♥♥
imaginedreamlove: hmmm...we'll see ;) Glad you love it so far. ^_^
ILuvSuJu15: Here's your update ^_^ Enjoy.
Oklahoma: hmmm...maybe? maybe not? haha Hope you like this HoMin chap. ^_^
alj1225: Yeah, she's cheering on for both 'sub-units' ^_^ hihihi, You mentioned every member. haha
ShiBurrowes: aww..I'm happy you're able to feel emotions for this story ^_^ Yup, really tough position to be in.
cupidzangel: Yeah, ^_^ she's really trying her best to show both teams her love and support. I would think so too :| 
nimsaengho: yup :( Well hope you like this update ^_^
yuki-himehanasawa: haha, why? what's with my name? ^_^ No don't be sad!! haha LOL I actually remembered Heechul during a Full house episode saying 'I'm sad' when I read your comment. 
Aeryth: Yeah she is ^_^ aww...*hug* I'm happy you're loving it so far. Hope you continue to like it ^_^
emiex145: Yeah, she's really trying to equally distribute her love and time to everyone. hmmm...we'll see ^_^
amnos99: Yup. really a hard situation though. hmm...maybe? maybe not? hahaha it'll be confirmed in the next chapter maybe.  ^_^
redshuz: yeah. Things might just get more complicated in the future. 
gabie_16: I know, being in a similar situation before...it's hard to try to reconcile two groups of people. -_-
eunhyukmylover: cannot choose!! Hope you like this update ^_^
AyaMisa: I'm happy you're loving the story so far. Hope you like the update ^_^