You're free

Angel in my World

 

Tao quickly walks to the elevator and step inside. He presses the close button repeatly without looking at Yuri, who is stilling in shock after everything she heard. Mrs. Wu walks into the office, leaving Yuri standing for a moment. After the elevator door closes Yuri confusedly looked at Kris and then back at the elevator again. 
 
“Ignore your brother.” Say Mrs. Wu, standing in front of Kris desk. 
 
Kris looks back at the file on his desk as he hides his sad and miserable face from her. 
 
“You are doing the right thing.” Mrs. Wu continues to encourage him. 
 
Mrs. Wu notices Yuri not beside, she look at the door and see her still standing there and looking at something. 
 
“Yuri.” Mrs. Wu called for her. 
 
Yuri quickly turns her head and look at Mrs. Wu. 
 
“Yes auntie?” she says. 
 
“Why are you still standing there? Come on in.” say Mrs. Wu. 
 
Yuri confusedly walks into the room and look at Kris, who had his eyes on the file. 
 
“Ignore what Tao said and focus on being a good son.” Mrs. Wu encourages him. 
 
Kris ignores his mom words and continues to look at the file as he thinks about Luhan. 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
In Tao office, Tao barge in angrily and slam the door close. He walks up to his desk and swift his arms across his desk, throwing everything on the floor. He breathes heavily as he think about Kris. 
 
“How dare he use position to me? Just because he’s the oldest doesn’t mean he can talk to me like that.” Tao angrily look from side to side. 
 
He grabs the phone on his desk and dial his the front desk down at the main lobby. 
 
“Annyoung.” The front desk answered. 
 
“Have Luhan come back yet?” Tao asked. 
 
“No Mr. Tao.” Said the front desk. “Is there something you want me to tell him when I see him?” 
 
“No it’s alright.” Said Tao before he hanged up the phone. 
 
“I hope Luhan is alright.” Tao sighed, “That stupid Kris.” He got angry again after mentioning Kris name. 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Night came, Luhan sit at the kitchen table waiting for Kris to come home. Playing with his fingers and looking at the clock: tick… tock… tick… tock sounds whispered in the room. Hours had pass, the short hand is now at 1. Luhan hopeless stand up and walk to the bedroom. The sound of doorknob twist and the door open, Luhan quickly run to the front door. There Kris stood in front of the door looking miserable but kept a cold and serious face in front of Luhan, who is happily to see him home. 
 
“You’re finally home.” Said Luhan softly. 
 
Kris ignored him and step inside the house. Kris take off his shoes and walked pass Luhan, pretending that his not there. Hurt by his action, Luhan grab Kris right arm and stopped him. 
 
“Did something happen?” Luhan asked in a sad tone. 
 
Kris ignored his words and walked again but Luhan stop him again. 
 
“Answer me, why are you treating me like this? Is it because of your mom…” 
 
“No.” Kris answered in a cold tone. 
 
“Then what?” Luhan asked. “You became so closed to Yuri today and ignored me. Now you wouldn’t tell me a word of what happen.” 
 
“There’s nothing to say.” Said Kris. 
 
Luhan let go and step in front of him; he looked into Kris eyes. Kris looked away from him. 
 
“You can’t even look at me.” Said Luhan, “It’s clear to me that you’re hiding something.” 
 
“I’m not.” Said Kris.
 
“Then I’ll go see your mom.” Said Luhan. 
 
“No.” Kris immediately said as he looked in Luhan eyes. He inhales deeply before he speaks again, “Let’s end it here.” 
 
Luhan looked at him confusedly. 
 
“You’re are free to go now. You no longer have any more debt.” Said Kris hopelessly. “You’re free from me now.” He looked away. 
 
Shock and frighten by the last sentence, Luhan lost his energy as his heart froze for a second. No respond, Kris walked away. Luhan quickly grab his left arm and stopped him for the last time. 
 
“What do you mean I’m free?” Luhan stutter. 
 
“Didn’t you always want to be free? Free from everything? Free from me from the start?” Said Kris. “ I only bought you because I was bored. I only saved you because it keep me entertaining and get my mom attention. I only played with you because I wanted to see how fast this lousy boy will fall for it.” 
 
Luhan hurt by his hurtful words, he let go of Kris arm. 
 
“You can lived here if you want, you can move out if you want. You can go back to Sehun if you want. You don’t have to come to work tomorrow anymore. It doesn’t matter to me anymore.” Said Kris heartlessly as he hided his weak voice from Luhan. 
 
Standing there hurt by his words, Luhan shed a tear from his right eyes. Kris quickly walked to his study room and close the door shut tight before he fall to his knees, grip his hand tightly and punch the floor hard with his right hand, clenching his teeth tightly. 
 
“Mianhe Luhan….” Kris whispered in tears, “Mianhe….” 
 
Out by the front door, Luhan still standing there as Kris words repeats in his head over and over. Shock and unexpected by tonight, Luhan tears continues to shed from his eyes. 
 
To be continue………………….