Promise Me

My Gangster Prince

~~~~~~'s POV

I headed to the kitchen, opened up the fridge and realised we ran out of food. I went back up to my room to take my phone and wallet. Daehyun was sleeping ever so soundly. This was his first time sleeping on my bed. I took a pen and wrote a small note writing that I was going grocery shopping so that just in case he wakes up, he wouldn't panic and think I left him. Luckily, I'm feeling better now if not, Daehyun will be seeing an empty dining table once he wakes up. I went closer to him, leaning forward almost pecking his lips but I didn't want to pass any germs to him.

"Sleep well." I ended up whispering into his ear.

I left for the supermart and stocked our daily supply of food. I didn't get too much because it would be difficult for me to carry them back without my boy. After my grocery shopping, I went to the nearby bakery. I knew he was unhappy about the whole incident and the fact that I hid stuff from him. I decided to by his favourite cheesecake. With cheesecake and ice cream, he would most probably let it slide. I hope. I made my way back home.

I went to check on Daehyun and I was glad he was still fast asleep. I wouldn't want him to wake up feeling hungry and without food on the table. I took the note and threw it  away into the bin. I went down to the kitchen and started cooking all of his favourite dishes but somehow I didn't really think it mattered as Daehyun eats everything.

"Ah!" I got a mini heart attack while I was in the midst of preparing our meal. I looked down and I saw a pair of arms wrapped around my waist. My lips curled into a smile. Why was I even surprised? This boy does these sort of actions quite frequently. 

 

Daehyun's POV

I rested my chin on her shoulder while hugging her and inhaling her sweet scent. She patted my hands.

"How come you're up already?" She turned and faced me while asking. Our face were so close together that I needed to steal a kiss from her.

"Check on you. Shouldn't you be resting? Why are you cooking?" I replied. Somehow I just couldn't seem to sleep peacefully. Afterall, for the past few hours, I woke up quite regularly to check on her.

"I'm feeling better. Why am I cooking? For this someone's stomach of course. You haven't eaten for like a day? Aren't you hungry?" She asked me as she turned her body to face me and placed her palm on my stomach, patting it lightly. Right, I forgot I have not eaten in awhile.

"I didn't notice. I guessed my emotions kept me busy from thinking about food." I replied, resting my hands on her shoulders.

"I'm sorry." She said, looking down. She must be blaming herself.

"Pabo~" I scolded her playfully.

"I'll be done soon, be good, go continue your sleep. I'll wake you up when the food is ready." She said.

"You sure? You won't keep everything for yourself and eat everything while I'm asleep?" I teased.

"No no! I don't even think I can even finish half! I'll wake you up okay!?" She replied a little worried I would get the wrong message. So cute.

"Relax! I was just teasing! Pabo~" I ruffled her hair.

"Tsk. Always! Quick, go sleep if you want to eat." She patted my , pushing me out of the kitchen. I decided to lie on the couch and continue my nap so that just in case anything happens, I would be able to hear. 

"Don't... Stop.... Let her go... LET HER GO!!" I mummbled then shouted. I shot up from the couch. I looked around and noticed that I was still in my living room.

~~~~~~'s POV

I was setting the table when I heard him shout. I placed the plate on the table but it was too close to the edge that the plate dropped on the floor. It broke and the fish that I was preparing for the past half an hour could no longer be eaten. This was the least of my worries. I'm more worried about my boy. I ran towards him.

"Daehyunnie, are you okay?" I cupped his ears as I sat next to him on the couch. He didn't reply but instead pulled my body towards him and embraced me tightly. I was a little surprised. My hands were by my side as I allowed him to hug me. I hugged him back, caressing his back, calming him down.

"Shhh... It's just a dream.. Everything is fine now..." I his hair while I hugged him.

"Don't leave me..." He mummbled, his head burried in my neck. 

"I'm not going anywhere darling." I said still his hair. We stayed in that position, hugging each other for awhile. He pulled away after he calmed down. 

"Princess, promise me something. Please?" He asked. His forehead was covered in perspiration and his face was wet from tears. 

I nodded, not knowing what he wanted me to promise. He looked so sad like a poor kid who had lost his toy. I wiped the perspiration from his forehead and the tears from his cheeks. 

"Promise me that you will tell me everything and not hide anything from me. I don't like having nightmares of bad things happening to you, to the both of us. I don't want them to become reality. Promise me you will let me know everything  because I don't want to lose you." Daehyun said. 

"Nightmares? How frequent did you have them?" I asked feeling worried and disappointed with myself. How could I not know he was having nightmares?

"I don't know but this is not the first time. In most of them you were taken away. Today's was worst. They beat you up in front of me. I tried to move but I just couldn't save you." Daehyun spilled out. I didn't know how much harm I've cause him just by keeping things from him. He was worried even in his sleep. Was that why he didn't sleep at night and played his games till wee hours?

"I'm sorry Daehyunnie~ I didn't know how much I was hurting you by not telling you. I promise." I assured him. He finally smiled. I brushed my thumb across his lips.

"Why didn't you tell me about those nightmares?" I was feeling guilty that I didn't know he was having them.

"They were just nightmares. I don't want to scare you." Daehyun said. I didn't know what to reply so I just pecked his lips.

"Oh no! What happened?!" Daehyun suddenly shouted. I jumped as I was shocked. He lifted up my foot. I saw blood. He frowned at me.

"Oops. It must have been the plate..." I said.

"Clumsy girl!" He flicked my forehead lightly.

"What clumsy girl?! You were the one that shouted suddenly!" I replied back. How could I just accept that flick on my forehead.

"Ah~ Sorry sorry." Daehyun apologised as he rubbed my forehead.

"Sit still! Don't move!" Daehyun said as he walked towards the kitchen. He came back with the first aid kit and helped me to dress my cut. He then cleaned up the broken pieces and threw the fish away.

"Mmmm food!!" Daehyun exclaimed as he sat comfortably on the chair in front of the dining table filled with food. I sat next to him. He started to eat.

"All my favourite food!" Daehyun said after realising.

"Wait, why all my favourite food?" Daehyun said as he put down his chopsticks.

"I..Um... was hoping that you will not be mad anymore....." My voice got softer towards the end. Daehyun frowned.

"I thought I said even if you bought the whole supermarket I am not going to forgive you?" Daehyun said looking at me. I avoided his stare.

"But...I..Thought it was worth a shot..." I said looking down. I mean, he has every right not to.

Daehyun's POV

I was quite touched at the sight of all my favourite dishes in front of me judging how hungry I was but I knew it wasn't that simple.

So that was why she filled the table with my favourite dishes. To be honest, I wasn't mad anymore. How could I be? I wasn't even a petty person to start with. I just thought it would be fun to scare her. Afterall, she needed to learn her lesson right?

"Okay, stay mad if you want but please eat..." She said after seeing me not eating. I didn't know I wasn't eating but was staring at her instead.

I picked up my chopsticks. Why let her effort and good food go to waste? I ate, trying to hide my smile.

"Awww please.... I don't really mean stay mad at me... Forgive me pleaseeeee~" She tugged my sleeve and swayed side to side like a little girl. She even tried whatever aegyo movements she could think of. I tried to maintain a straight face but I eventually burst out smiling. This cute girl.

"Yes! You smiled! You're not mad and I'm forgiven!" She punched her fist up like she had just won the lottery.

"No. What kind of assumption is that?" I said. Her mood dropped.

"This is not even all my favourite food. You don't even have my most favourite food." I pointed out.

"And what is your most favourite food?" She asked. 

"Nothing." I was disappointed. How could she forget? She then stood up while I continued to eat.

"This?" She brought out a plate with my favourite cheesecake on it with the words 'I'm Sorry, Please Forgive Me :( ' written with icing. My eyes lit up at the sight of it and she noticed.

"So your most favourite food is also here. I am I forgiven?" She asked with hope.

"No." I replied. Her mood dropped again.

"Unless..." She brighten up. How cute~ I stuck my cheek closer to her hoping she would get the hint. Then, she did something I did not expect. She cupped my cheeks and kissed all over my face.

"I love you. Am I forgiven now?" She whispered in my ear. I smiled like a fool.

I hope this makes up for my more-than-one-week of not updating. 

I wanted to update during the weekends but I was just too busy and tired. Sorry~ 

Thank you to all the new subs and comments! I'm back~ hehe~

Should I still write a Zelo birthday special since its been long overdue?