Please don't leave me here...

My Gangster Prince

Daehyun's POV

During the ride, even though i was focused on driving, hoping to reach the hospital as soon as possible, I knew my girl was also in great pain. I raised my voice partly feeling a little angry at her actions or rather, what she didn't do but mostly it was because I cared about her. I know it was wrong to raise my voice but I really couldn't help it. My heart softened after seeing her in so much pain. I placed my palm on her stomach while she was closing her eyes and clutching her stomach. I rubbed her stomach in a circular motion even though I wasn't sure if it was of any use. I could tell she was looking at me but I didn't have the guts to look at her after what I've done. I still wanted her to know she means a lot to me. With my current attitude, I can't help but feel like i was like when I first met her, quiet and cold but still caring for her.

After about 15 minutes of unbareable pain for her, I finally reached the place she hates. I quickly got off my car and went to her side. Without a word, I scooped her into my arms and headed towards the hospital. 

"Oppa... I can walk..." My dear girl said weakly. 

"Ya right. Then you'll try finding all ways and means to avoid going in there. Not happening." I said to her expressionless when deep inside, I just wanted to hold onto her. She said nothing, her hands wrapped around my neck. I didn't want to show how excited I was when she clinged onto me. I increased my speed and entered the hospital not even caring about the stares that came from the passerby.

We had to queue for our turn and I'm not happy about it. Can't the damn nurse see how much pain my girl is enduring now?! I settled her on a chair, holding onto her wrist. Who knows what stupid thing she would do just to get out of here. Her other arm was still clutching onto her stomach. My heart ached so much seeing her in so much pain and knowing I couldn't do anything to help her ease the pain. I released my grip from her wrist and slung my arm over her shoulders, pulling her closer to me and resting her head on my chest. My other hand caresssed her stomach.

Finally it was our turn. I followed her in. I just sat beside her quietly while she told the doctor which part of her body was in pain. In order to examine the pain, the doctor told her to lie on the bed. I stood at the side. The doctor then lifted her shirt up, revealing her stomach. I punched the wall after seeing the marks on her. Those bunch of asses!! I started thinking whether it was painful when I rubbed her stomach.

"Oppa..." She called for me as she made eye contact with me. She wanted me to calm down. The doctor got a shock too by the sight of it. This silly girl just gave the doctor a small smile. The doctor then started pressing on different spots of her stomach and told her to voice out when it hurts. She screamed a little when it was painful. She looked at me with a sad expression. I held onto her hands, assuring her that everything would be fine.

I helped her down the bed after the doctor was done checking on her.

"Nothing too serious, the gastric was probably triggered when you didn't eat. Please make sure you don't skip your meals. Your stomach is very weak. Those wounds on your flesh, I'll give you some cream for you to apply so that they will heal beautifully. You wouldn't want your boyfriend to see ugly scars right?" The doctor said to my girl. She just nodded and blushed but I wasn't really pleased. What ugly scars?! I"ll love her the same with or without them! I decided to let the matter slide since he was consulting us. I placed her palm on the doctor's table.

"Her knees too. Give her something to heal them." I said to him, pointing to her knee.

"That cream will do. Please take care of yourself. The wounds might get infected if they're not treated well." The docter replied, looking at my princess.

"And you, the bruises on your face-" The doctor added, looking at me.

"I'm fine." I cut the doctor's words.

"Then just apply the cream that I prescribed to her." I nodded.

"Even though there's nothing too serious about the pain, I would like you to stay one night for observation." This time, my girl didn't reply, she just kept her head down. I nodded.

"Thank you." We both thank the doctor.

We headed out and did the admission procedures. Again, we needed to queue. I held her arm towards the seat. We were silent for awhile until my princess tugged my sleve.

"Oppa... Can we go back?... Please don't leave me here..." She said rather timidly. 

"Didn't you hear what the doctor say? To keep you here for observation. Its only for a night and I won't leave you here alone." I said trying to sound as nice as possible. She is in enough pain, I should control whatever temper I have and not hurt her further.

"But... he said it wasn't serious... and I really don't want to be here... Please? Besides, you will be with me... whether I'm here or at home right? So why can't we go back? I promise to to tell you.... if I'm in pain. Please just don't leave me here..." She sounded so afraid. It kinda shocked me how afraid she was. 

"Why?" Why was she this afraid?

"I really can't help thinking about that time of how I ended up here... The images just won't leave my head..." She talked slowly. I finally understood. I felt bad for forcing and raising my voice at her to make a trip to the hospital. I didn't know about the torture her mind had to go through.

I stood up and went to the counter. I told the person my girl is not going to stay here for the night and I took the medication from them. She was right. What difference would it make? I would still be there. I might as well take care of her at home.

"Let's go." I went back to her, supporting her by her arm. She looked so sad.

"Oppa.. Where are we going?" She asked me when we weren't walking towards the direction of the ward.

"Home." One word was all it takes to make her smile again.

 

~~~~~'s POV

Oh no. We're here... I told Daehyun that I could walk when he was carrying me towards the hospital.

"Ya right. Then you'll try finding all ways and means to avoid going in there. Not happening." How did he know? I really wanted to leave. Afraid of angering him, I decided that it would be best if I don't say anything. I guessed I really need that check up. I actually felt better that Daehyun was carrying me now. At least he still cared. I hugged his neck, hoping it can show that I was sorry for my actions at home towards him.

I could tell Daehyun was still upset and pissed about the whole situation. I wouldn't blame him for being cold towards me. I probably deserved it anyway. It was because of me he was bruised.

While waiting for my turn, Daehyun suddenly pulled me close to him. Another one of his actions that told me he cared even though I could still feel the coldness from him.

We entered the room when it was my turn. The doctor then asked me to lie on the bed to check. It was really painful when the doctor pressed at some points. I looked at Daehyun hoping to seek comfort but my hands we afraid to approach his. Before I know it, he was already holding onto mine, giving me a light squeeze. There was this sense of security, something along that line but I wasn't sure what feeling it was but it was sure comforting.

No matter how cold he is towards me, he would openly show that he cares about me too. I was touched when he asked the doctor to check my palms and knees. I forgotten about those. I felt like we were back to when we first met each other, how quiet he was and how he didn't really show much expression but was still there with me.

We finally left the room and went to sit waiting for my turn to get the admission procedures done. We were both quiet until I had to tell him I didn't want to stay here. I was hesitating whether I should tell him, scared he might be unhappy. But I really can't take the pain that is going on in my head. The crazy images of my Stepdad appeared and won't leave. I decided to voice out. I was actually surprised that Daehyun was talking in a much gentler tone as compared to our earlier conversation. I told him I would let him know if I wasn't feeling well and my reason. Without a word, he stood up and headed towards the counter. I think Daehyun wanted me to be here for a night for observation just to be sure I'm gonna be okay. I guessed I would be fine with it as long as he don't leave me here alone.

Daehyun then came back and helped me up. We were walking and then I realised we weren't heading to the ward.

 

"Oppa.. Where are we going?" I asked him.

"Home." He replied. I smiled, happy that Daehyun didn't leave me here and that he listened to me.

 

Sorry if I screwed up the procedures of the hospital scene. I don't know what actually goes on in there. haha~

And I sort of missed the quiet and cold Daehyun in the beginning of the story so I brought back his quiet self. ~

I'm so sleepyyyy~ :/