Living in the past

My Gangster Prince

~~~~~'s POV

I thought having Daehyun beside me would help. Apparently, it did not. I kept having nightmares of my past birthdays. I shot up from the bed in fear. I was breaking in cold sweat, crying. I bit my lips to muffle my cries, not wanting to wake Daehyun up. Of all the days, my stepfamily treated me the worst on my birthday. I know they are all past tense but they followed me like my shadow. 

Without knowing, I let go of Daehyun's hands and ran into my room, afraid I would have gotten a scolding. I searched high and low for that hideous attire that told me I mean nothing to them. I'm just someone they could 'have fun' and vent their anger on.

No matter how hard I looked for it, I just could not seem to find it. I'm dead meat. It's almost half past five in the morning. Oppa is gonna be mad with me if I still cannot find it. I still had breakfast to make too! I'm sure by experience, I was gonna end up with even more bruises and they would claim that I brought it upon myself, that I had no one to blame but myself. I was terrified of the punishment that awaits me. I seached harder but to no avail.

Daehyun's POV

"Princess..... Oh my! What is going on?!" I stared at her. She did not even acknowledge me. 

I couldn't believe my eyes, the entire room was in a mess. It was horrible. It was like world war had just taken place. Her blanket was on the floor, her clothes were in messy piles scattered all over the place. She practically emptied her entire wardrobe. Now, she was kneeling in a corner, looking through a pile of clothes.

"Baby girl, what is going on?" I asked her standing outside her room with the boys. they gave me a look, wanting to know too. She had totally disregarded our presence and she continued to toss and throw her clothes around. I could hear sniffling but I could not tell what was going on as her back was facing us. I wasn't gonna just stand there and what her fumbling and turning the entire room upside down.

I tried making my way to her. I had to step over some clothes, stepped on some of them and even tripped over some because it was just to messy. Tripping was the least of my concerns. I needed to get to her. Something was definitely not right.

Yongguk hyung wanted to follow me in and approach her but I signalled him not to. I don't know what is going on nor do I want to scare her. Its best if I talked to her alone. I wanted to just go to her and hug her, calm her down and tell her I'm here and she do not need to be afraid. It hurst me like hell seeing her behaving like this.

"What happened?" I asked her in the nicest way possbile, trying my best to not scare her. I kneeled down in front of her and tried cupping her cheeks to make her face me but she dodge my palms instead. Her action hurt me but I didn't blame her.

"Oppa! I'm sorry! I can't find it! I searched everywhere for it but I just couldn't find it! Give me a bit more time please! I didn't mean to misplace it! I'll get breakfast done soon! Don't slap me please! I'm sorry!" She started blabbering, not allowing me to say anything. Was she having a nightmare? Why is it that I don't understand anything she was saying?

"What attire? What slapping you? I know I was wrong the other time. I promise you I will never hit you ever again." I told her, feeling guilty of my past actions that made her so afraid. 

"I'm sorry! I'm sorry! I really can't find it. I'll do anything! Just please, don't punish me." She mumbled looking down.

"What are you looking for? I would never punish you. Princess, what are you saying? Why am I not getting anything?" I asked, really confused.

"That attire..." She said even softer but I managed to catch what she was saying.

"What attire?" I asked, I held onto her shoulders this time, making her face me. My heart dropped when I saw her face clearly. SHe was covered in perspiration and tears. Her eyes were bloodshot red. It was almost six in the morning. What time did she wake up? Didn't she sleep?

"That.. Maid attire!" She raised her voice and pushed me away and continued to look for it.

Maid attire? Wait, don't tell me its that bastartd stepfamily of hers. I just knew it. No wonder nothing she said made sense to me. The oppa she was referring to was her bloody stepbrother! What bull! They were torturing her again! Not even letting her off on her birthday? Really? Bunch of asses! Just what did she do to deserve this on her birthday?!

"Baby, stop, listen to me please." I hugged her, forcing her to stop searching.

"No! I need to find it!" She tried struggling out of my grip but I was stronger. I did not let her go.

"Stop! Listen to me! I'm Daehyun!" I shouted, still trying to hold her, getting her to calm down.

"Daehyun?" She asked tiredly.

"Yes. Your Daehyun. Listen to me okay? It's fine now. You're safe. I won't let anyone hurt you again. Especially them. Everything's okay now. Don't cry princess." I said as I hugged her. She burried her face into my chest while I carressed the back of her head.

"Am I going crazy? Why am I always having nightmares? Why do I feel only fear?Oppa, I'm really scared." SHe pulled herself away, asking me. I almost cried hearing her calling herself crazy. I feel so useless. I didn't know how much she was suffering.

"No darling, you're not crazy. Don't say that. We all have nightmares. They're not real okay. Ignore them. They are the past now. Forget about them. Just remember the only oppas you have now is me, Yongguk hyung and Himchan hyung. No one else. THey will have to get my approval before you can call them oppa which is highly unlikely I would even approve." I said trying to cheer her up. She smiled a little. At least she was smiling now. I'm glad how easy I could get her to listen to me.

"Come on." I wiped her tears and held her up and supported her out of the room to the bathroom. I ended up carrying her since it was too messy and I wouldn't want her to get hurt. The boys looked at her sympathetically. I think they couldn't believe how broken she actually was.

I washed her face and brought her out. Since her room was in a mess, I carried her into mine. The boys came over.

"Sleep somemore. I will wake you up later. Don't think of anything and just sleep. I want to see a pretty and cheerful princess when you're awake for lunch." I said to her as I tucked her to bed and kissed her.

"But the room is in a mess." She said.

"Don't worry about the mess Noona. We'll settle it." Youngjae said to her.

"Yeah, the boys will handle it. Now, you sleep. You need the energy for later!" Himchan hyung added.

"I'm sorry." She apologised.

"Silly girl! Get some rest okay?" I said to her.

"Stay with me? Please?" She asked me, holding on to my hand. I looked at the boys. They nodded.

"Thanks. I'll help out later." I mouthed to them.

"Okay. Now close your eyes." I covered her eyes. I sat beside her. She snuggled into me, hugging my waist. I patted her shoulders. 

Her family are total morons. How can they treat someone like that?! Maid attire?! Even domestic workers don't wear attire to work! I felt so angry just thinking about it. That's it. I have to do something about it. No way am I sitting back and watch them torture her over and over again.

When she finally fell asleep, I carefully removed her arms around me. Lucky she did not stir in her sleep. I headed out and helped the boys.

"Hyung... What happened to noona? Why was she behaving that way just now? Is noona okay?" Zelo asked me. Right, I did not tell all the boys about her. Only Yongguk hyung and Himchan hyung knew about her family when they followed me to fetch her then.

I told the boys her story. They could not believe a girl like her had to go through something like that. She seemed so happy, free of worries to them. They never thought she was the one with the most scars and the most terrifying story.

"You hit her?!" Yongguk hyung asked me. He probably heard it just now. I nodded feeling guilty.

"I didn't mean it! I only did so to wake her up! I couldn't think of anything else to do. She was so into smoking." I explained. They just glared at me then soften their gaze.

"She already has a bad past. I hope you are serious about her and don't hurt her. If not I'll whack you." Yongguk hyung threatened. I gulpped. Of course I am serious about her. If she was some other girl, I wouldn't even care. 

I want to give her all my love.

 

Finally updated!! I'm not sure when my next update will be though.... Aww why do I have to make all the birthday stories in this fic so sad? 

THANK YOU ALL FOR THE BIRTHDAY WISHES AND THE COMMENTS!!! ALSO THANK YOU TO MY SUBSCRIBERS! <3

OH and HAPPY ONE YEAR B.A.P!!!! :)