Guilty

My Gangster Prince

Daehyun's POV

During the next two days, she did the same routine, coming to visit me after school, accompanied me throughout the rest of the day and then headed back home. At first she did not want to go back and insisted that she stayed throughout the night with me. But I managed to convince or rather, force her to go back home and sleep. 

"It's late. Drop by tomorrow. Go back and have a good sleep. You don't need to accompany me." I said to her, wanting her to rest more.

"I'm fine with resting here." She said.

"But I want you to go back and sleep. It's more comfortable at home." I replied.

"But you're awake now. Wouldn't you miss me?" She asked as she tried finding excuses to stay.

"Precisely because I'm awake now I want you to go back. Your body needs a break. Go home and sleep. Don't be stubborn." I said, smoothing her hair.

"But I'll be lonely..." She pouted.

"Lonely is good for today. Then you will shower and head to bed immediately." I 'fought' back. Since when did she know how to talk back?

"But-"

"No buts. I want you to go back and rest. See how tired you look. Listen to me okay? Go home and sleep. Tomorrow then come down again." I cut her words.

"Don't you miss me?" She asked, sounding really sad.

"Of course I miss you silly. But if you stay here, I know the both of us will not be able to sleep and we will start talking non-stop. Be good. I don't want my girlfriend to turn into a panda." I messed her hair.

"But-" 

"I said no more buts. Two options. Either you cab home or I get the boys to drive you home. I think I'll get hyung to drive you back. It's safer." I did not give her any chance of deciding.

"It's okay. Don't need to bother the oppas. I'll just cab home. You're so mean~" She made a face.

"I'm not mean. I just want you to sleep well. How is that mean? If that is mean then fine, call me mean. Go home and SLEEP. Text me when you reach home." I pecked her. 

I laughed when I thought back our weird conversation. I know it would be too tiring for her body having to endure such a lifestyle for more than two weeks without proper sleep.

Today, I'm gonna be discharged. Finally! Home sweet home. No more hospital food, bed, smell and stuff.

My girl came while I was packing my stuff.

"Hello Daehyunnie!" She hugged me from my back and gave me a kiss on the back of my neck while kept things in my bag.

"What are you doing? Sit down. I'll do them." She asked as she took the things from my hand and started packing instead. How sweet.

The boys dropped by and sent us back. She insisted on carrying my stuff and she helped me into our house.

"Home at last!" I said as I plopped down on the couch.

"Be careful of your wound!" She frowned. I just laughed. What a mom.

"Anything you want to eat? Chocolate? Cake? Rice? Ramen? Pizza?" She asked.

"Is there anything left at home?" I asked having the feeling that there was nothing to eat since she wasn't eating at home for so long.

"Only instant noodles. But it's fine if you want other things, I can always go to the mart and buy." She added.

"Then instant noodles is fine. Thank you princess~ You're the best!" I said not wanting to trouble her.

"You're welcome. But just now you said you wanted some cake from the shop right? I'll get them after I cook for you." She replied as she walked to the kitchen and started preparing.

"I don't need the cake. You don't have to make a trip just for it." I shouted so that she could hear.

"It's fine. I'll get them for you. Anything else you want?" She asked.

"Er... Nope! Just cake!" I thought. I did not want her to carry too many stuff.

After she cooked, she brought the bowl of noodles to me. 

"Eat well! I'll be back soon!" She patted my head as she went to get her stuff.

"You're not eating?" I asked but she already left... Is it me or she's behaving weirdly?

I ate her delicious noodles she cooked just for me and waited for her to come back.

"Baby you're home already?" I asked when she took faster than she normally would.

"Yup! Got your cake!" She smile as she handed me the whole cake as she sat on the couch, turning on the tv.

"Share." I said. 

"It's fine. It's for you!" She said as her eyes were glued to the tv.

"Eat. You haven't eaten." I fed her. She gladly consumed them.

"Oh! Can I watch that soccer match?" I asked her.

"Yeah... Sure.." She said although I could sense a little unhappiness in her. 

"You okay? It's fine if you want to watch. I don't mind." I said.

"Nope, you can watch! I'm okay!" She said as she hugged my arm and accompanied me.

"Where are you going?" She asked after the match has ended.

"Shower. Why?" I asked.

"Okay. I'll help you up." She said.

"I can walk on my own. Pabo. It's my hand that's injured, not my legs." I replied.

"Just let me help you." She held on to my hands. She then mumbled something under her breath which I didn't catch. Oh well. Why reject a pretty girl's help? I smiled to myself.

"I can handle it you know? I'm not handicapped." I said when she took out my clothes for me. She have never behaved like this before.

"Are you sure you're okay?" I asked as I made her face me.

"Y-yes. Why wouldn't I be okay? Be careful of your wound okay? Don't let it touch water." She reminded me.

"I'm not as forgetful as you, mom." I . She stuck out her tongue.

After I was done, I took my pillow and headed out of my room.

"Where are you going now? I thought I apologized?" She whined.

"Ahh.. But I have to keep to my words right?" I said. She made a puffy face at me.

"Fine then. Just to let you know, I'll be sleeping on your bed tonight. You can sleep on the couch if you want." She smirked. She's really gotten smarter. 

"What?! Come to think of it, my wound might get worst if I slept on the couch. I should sleep on my bed tonight." I said, covering up. She laughed.

We then lied on my bed. I lied and thought about her weird behaviour today. It was obvious that she was acting weird but she kept telling me she's okay. It's like she's been giving in to me the entire day, doing everything according to my needs and wants. But why?

 

~~~~~~'s POV

I must be the happiest person on earth when Daehyun could finally return home. This guilt has been eating me alive. I know he keeps assuring me it's not my fault but I can't stop myself from blaming me. How is it not my fault? I was the stubborn one.

"Baby~" He called really sweetly.

"Hmmm?" I faced him.

"I miss you being so close to me... Do you think we could... You know...." He smiled as he cupped my cheek. I swallowed hard. 

"Erm..... I guess... since you saved me.... " I said not meaning it. I was definitely not ready for this. But he did so much for me I didn't know... agrhh I'm confused.

"Tell me the truth. Are you really okay with it?" He asked, looking into my eyes. I hesitated and shook my head. 

"Then? Why are you doing this?" He flicked my forehead. 

"Because you did so much for me. This is the least I could do... I feel so guilty knowing that I'm the one that landed you with a wound on your shoulder." I said, rubbing the part he flicked.

 

Daehyun's POV

"Pabo! I knew it. I tested you. No wonder you've been behaving weird the whole day. Please, Princess, stop feeling guilty. I did it willingly. You didn't point a gun to my head and force me to do anything. And what matters most is that I'm fine now right?" I said. She nodded like a small kid who got lectured by her parent.

"So I don't want you to feel guilty. Just forget about the whole incident okay?" I added.

"But if I had listened to you then-" I kissed her preventing her to continue. Our kiss was a gentle one. We missed each other too much.

"You talk and worry too much." I said after we pulled apart.

"I still feel bad okay? That scar is going to be there forever!" She sounded like she was about to cry.

"Don't start crying please. That scar makes me look manly! I don't mind. I really don't." I calmed her down.

"You know I wouldn't do it if you're not ready right? Pabo." I scolded her playfully. She nodded.

"Pabo. My princess is really pabo. But I love this pabo so much." I pulled her close to me and pecked the crown of her head.

"Good night princess. Don't feel guilty anymore. It's over and I never once blamed you." I said.

"Good night Daehyunnie~" She replied and snuggled up to me.

 

Weird chapter? haha~

Hmmmm... Sequel? I'll think about it. heh~