Reality

My Gangster Prince

~~~~~~'s POV

"No! Daehyun! Oppa! Please stop!!" I cried. I was really scared.

"Please stop!!" I shouted.

"Noona! Noona! Wake up!! You're having a nightmare!!" I was shaken awake. When I opened my eyes, I see Zelo's face in front of mine. I looked around, the rest of the boys were present, looking at me worriedly.

"Noona erm..." Youngjae pointed to his arm. Oops. I was hugging his arm  with one of my arm and another holding onto my shirt while I fell asleep on the chair while waiting for Daehyun to be out.

"Sorry." I let go of his arm. Youngjae just smiled. How did I even end up hugging him?

"Oh~ I'm gonna tell hyung you hugged another man!" Zelo tried to joke and cheer me up. 

"Are you okay? We heard you yelling and crying in your sleep. We tried waking you up but it was like you were not able to hear. Are you alright?" Himchan oppa asked me as he handed me a packet of tissues.

"I was just having nightmares. No big." I wiped my tears. I seemed to be really crying in my sleep. Everything felt so real. I looked at my watch, what? I was only asleep for three hours? I do not know how long more we have to wait.

"Don't worry. That boy is strong. He'll make it." Youngjae added as he comforted me.

"I hope so too." I replied feeling worried and anxious.

"So you guys are fine. How did it go there?" I asked no one in particular.

"We're fine. All I hope for is that bastard to be locked up." Yongguk hyung said as he held my head. I'm glad they're fine.

While we waited for him quietly, I can't help but think about my nightmares. Are they like a sign or something? Nightmare in a nightmare. How scary and unfortunate? Please don't let this be a bad sign. What if one of my nightmares came true? What if he died? What if he treats me differently? What if he blames me for his injury? What if he hates me? I feel so lousy now. How long is this going to take?!

"Ah~ Noona! Why are you crying? Don't cry please." Jongup asked. I didn't know I was thinking till I was crying.

"I'm just scared... Will Daehyun be okay?" I asked, looking at Yongguk oppa.

"I don't know but I know that he is fighting for his life. Do you want to go back and freshen up or something? I don't want you to break down or fall sick." Yongguk oppa said.

"I'm fine, I want to stay and wait for him. I promised him I'll be here for him." I replied. I didn't want to go back and have wild thoughts.

"At least eat something. Come, follow me. Take a walk. We won't be away for long. Just fifteen minutes." Himchan oppa gestured me to follow him. I guess taking a short walk will help calm me down and I haven't eaten for awhile. I got up from my seat and headed to the cafe with oppa. I can't help but think how is Daehyun doing. I'm sure he's feeling hungry too.

After buying food, we came back. Not long after, the emergency lights went off and the doctor came out. 

The boys and I rushed to the doctor.

"Doctor how is he?!" We asked as we crowded around him.

"Are you guys his family members?" The doctor asked.

"Yes yes. We're his brothers, she's his girlfriend. Quick. How is he?!" Yongguk oppa said anxiously. How heartwarming to hear him say that. Here that Daehyun? How lucky you are. You must promise me you'll be fine.

"He's lucky he was brought here on time. If not he might have died from blood loss. And the bullet missed his lungs by about two cm. If not, his life would be in serious danger." The doctor said. I thank God whatever that the doctor said was positive.

"We have taken out the bullet. The next 12 hours is crucial. If he doesn't wake up, he might slip into a coma. You can go in and see him. But two at a time. He needs to rest and do not take too long. It's after visiting hours. Only one can stay." The doctor alerted us.

"Will he be paralysed?" I asked. The boys gave me a shock look.

"No. The operation is a success and it doesn't link to his spine." The doctor answered.

"Then.. Will he.... die?" I hesitated before asking. I'm so scared my nightmare will turn into reality.

" That is a very unlikely scenario but it all depends on him now." The doctor said. We thank the doctor.

We still have to wait for another 12 hours to know that he's okay? Daehyun, I'm begging you, please be okay.

We took turns going in. I went in with yongguk oppa first.

"Daehyunnie..." I sobbed when I held his hand. There were needles poking him at his arms and his shoulder was bandaged. He looked so pale, his lips looked so dry. I took some water and dabbed onto his lips. It hurts so much seeing him like this when he was smiling and laughing less than a day ago. Oppa placed his arm on my shoulder and gave me an assuring nod.

"Why don't I leave you to talk to him first? Then the boys will take their turns." Oppa suggested.

"Thank you. I'll be quick." I said.

"No worries, take your time." He patted my head as he left.

"Daehyunnie.... Please wake up okay? You can sleep but please don't sleep too long. You'll get hungry. I know you want to eat right? I'll buy you all your favourite food when you wake up so you cannot sleep too long okay?" I rubbed his stomach lightly.

"Remember I promise you I will continue where I left off? I didn't forget. You want me to continue right? When I recalled, I realised how my memories were created by you for me. You must wake up. I want to create memories for you too. I don't want you to take all the credit and then blame me for not being a good girlfriend." I caressed his cheek.

"I'm waiting for you to wake up to sing for me. I miss your smile, your silly smile. How cute you look. Please promise me you'll stay strong. You can sleep but only for 11 hours okay!" I said.

"You promised!" I hooked my pinky with his.

"The boys are worried about you too. I'll let them spend time with you! Love you." I kissed the back of his hand and left the room. 

The boys then took turns to visit him while I waited outside. 

"I'll take you home. Go back and freshen up. I know you won't sleep but at least get some new clothes to wear and pack some of Daehyun's necessities." Yongguk oppa said. I know he wouldn't take no for an answer. I followed him.

I went back and freshen up and packed Daehyun's stuff before oppa came to fetch me to the hospital. When I got to the hospital. The boys followed Yongguk oppa back. I felt bad for him that he had to travel multiple times but never did he complain. I really envy the relationship of these boys. The boys then came back. for the rest of the hours, we all stayed and accompanied each other, totally ignoring the doctor's words.They 'forced' me to sleep and I ended up resting on Jongup's shoulders. How I wished they were Daehyun's instead, that he was beside me. We took turns to nap and made sure that at any one time, one of us will be awake. I slept, but I couldn't sleep for long. I didn't want to be tormented by nightmares. 

By the 10th hour, I stayed beside him, holding him and just talking to him. I was tired but I did not want to sleep.

Very slowly, the 12th hour came. Daehyun seemed like he was still very deeply in sleep. I could not take it any longer. I called the doctor asking him about Daehyun's condition.

"It's all up to him now." Was what the doctor said. Then, everything turned pitch black.

 

HAPPY HAPPY?! HEHE~ I AM. I just wanted to experiment an 'evil' Daehyun.  Ahhh I'm honestly disappointed with the dream part. I couldn't think of anything else that could include a naughty Daehyun without actually happening in the story. 

And I'm not sure if I got the facts right (most probably not) but since this is fiction~ 

ahhh I double updated so stop trying to kill me. :( I have really scary readers.... :O

Thank you for all your comments!!! And I'm happy that you guys enjoy my story. I realised only when happens then the comments flow.... oh well... :)