Back Home

My Gangster Prince

Daehyun's POV

The journey back home was also a quiet one. I didn't mind the silence though. Both of us or rather, I should cool down. I still can't get over the fact that I almost forcefully kissed her if not for her slapping my chest, snapping me out of it. What were you thinking Jung Daehyun!?

We finally reached home. Before i could even open the car door for her, she had already opened by herself and exited the car. Was she mad because of the way I treated her? I quickly stepped out of my car and locked it before brisk walking to catch up with her. Wasn't she feeling unwell? She unlocked the front door and held it for me to come in. Is she alright? One moment she just walked out and at another, she was waiting for me? After entering our house, she closed the door and headed towards the dining table.

"What are you doing?" I questioned her sternly. She should be resting and not moving around. I should be the one moving instead.

"Heating up the food... You should be hungry by now right? You haven't eaten since morning... I'll be quick... Go wash first?" she told me, palm rubbing her stomach. I could tell from the way she spoke, she wasn't really comfortable.  Why is she so sweet but crazy at the same time?! What she needs now is to rest and nothing else!

"Oppa..." she called as i held onto her wrist. Did I scare her or was she afraid that I was gonna do reckless things to her again?

"Stop. Go rest, on the couch or your bed or somewhere. I'm not hungry." I told her not wanting her to work. Besides, I didn't have the appetite seeing her suffer so much.

"You sure? I'll get it heated-"

"I'm sure. Are you going to rest or you need me to force you to rest?" I cut her words. Why is she even more stubborn when she's not feeling well?!

"Okay okay. No need to force... I'll go... But if you're hungry-" she replied sadly and it made her look so cute. I cut her off again but this time, it wasn't my words that cut her. I glared at her really not meaning it. I genuinely want her to rest given her condition, it would even be killing her if she was even walking around. I didn't think she's the type who was able to bare the pain.

"Okay okay...." she finally gave in. She walked out and went to sit on the couch, hugging the cushion between her arms and stomach. I brought the plates to the kitchen and started warming the dishes.

I scooped the dishes into a bowl and brought it to where she was. Her eyes were closed but she opened them when I approached her. It was like she could sense me walking towards her.

"I thought you said you weren't hungry? I could have made warm the food for you..." She mumbled rubbing her eyes.

"Eat." I placed the bowl in front of her face. She looked confused.

"I'm not-"

"Eat or we go back to the hospital." I threatened. I don't want to see her skip her meals. I know she hasn't eaten since morning as well.

"But I don't have the appetite..." She mumbled, looking afraid, like I would flare up at her.

"Really? You don't want to recover? You still want to feel pain in your stomach?" I raised my eyebrow. 

"You're not eating too..." She said. 

"I'm not the one in pain!" I raised my voice a little. She flinched slightly. I sighed.

"Please, just eat. You still have to take your medicine." I tried convincing her nicely. She looked down.

"Come on." I placed the spoon in front of her lips, urging her to eat.

"I'll-" Before she could complete what she was saying, I stuffed the spoon into . She chewed unwillingly.

"You eat too.." She pushed the spoon towards me.

"I will later. Now you eat." I continued to feed her in small portions. When I could tell she was feeling uncomfortable from eating too much, I stopped feeding her. I went back to the kitchen and poured a glass of water for her and took her medication.

"Drink a little." I passed the glass to her. She drank obediently. I then handed her her pills. She looked at them strangely as if they were inedible.

"Can I don't-"

"No." I cut her off. I know she wouldn't want to eat unless she wants to go back to the hospital, she better take her medication on time and I make sure  she does.

She slowly put the pills into and quickly gulpped the water down. After swallowing, she made a face. I know her medication was always bitter. My heart hurts how she is always the one suffering.

"Let's go up." I said to her after seeing how tired we both were after this long and crazy night.

I help onto her to ease her walking. We entered her room and I settled her on her bed. I sat beside her.

"Are you mad with me?" I asked her while cupping her cheeks once again. She was shocked and a little scared at first but she loosen up when my grip was much lighter now.

"Am.. am I supposed to be mad at you?" She stuttered. I guessed I really scared her just now.

I looked into her eyes, still cupping her cheeks.

"Princess, I'm really really sorry about just now. I..I really do not know what came over me. That kiss... I really had no intention of doing that. I'm so sorry. I was being an ." I finally apologized for that forceful kiss. I must have really looked like a ert.

"It's okay. I'm fine now right? I don't blame you. You weren't awake then. I know what alcohol does to you. But please, don't scare me again." My princess replied caressing my cheek and her thumb brushed over my bruise. How is it that she can be so understanding about the whole thing? I'll feel even more guilty...

"I'm sorry. I promise to be gentle with you. You can punch or kick me anytime if I behave like a total idoit okay?" I told her while shaking her head a little. She then shook her own head.

"I'm sorry for slapping your chest too. I was a little traumatized..." She said. 

"No, you did the right thing. Thank you for snapping me out of whatever I was doing. If not, I guessed I would have really hurt you..." I ruffled her hair.

"So you're not mad?" She asked.

"Why would I be?" I was a little confused. I was the one in the wrong here, what right do I have to be mad at her?

"I thought you were angry that I hit your chest that's why you closed the door in my face." She said timidly.

"No no.. It all happened too fast.. I.. erm.. was ashamed of my actions. I didn't know how to face you." I admitted.

"So you're not mad?" She asked again.

"I am but not at this. I'm still not happy about all the things you kept from me." I frowned. She avoided having eye contact with me.

"Sorry....." She looked down at her hands.

"I'm gonna let this slide once because you're not well now. I'm still not happy." I said. She pouted.

"So we're good?" She asked. What a funny question.

I cupped her cheeks firmly but not too tight and made her look at me. I slowly leaned in towards her face. She moved back a little perhaps still a little scared. I didn't blame her though. It was afterall my fault. She then stopped moving back but closed her eyes. I placed my lips gently onto hers, allowing both of our lips fit together. I then deepen our kiss, sharing a passionate yet gentle kiss. Our first tongue locking kiss.

My princess then broke from the kiss. I could see that ther cheeks were a little red. How cute.

She then took the cream and gently applied on my bruises on my face. I winced a little, didn't expect it to hurt. 

"I'll tuck you in." I said after she was done applying the cream on my face.

I pulled the blanket over her as I sat beside her. I then held onto her palms.

"Good night my princess." I pecked her forehead.

"You're not going back to your room?" My princess sleepily asked.

"I'll watch you sleep first." She smiled. 

"Good night Daehyunnie~" 

When she was finally asleep, I brushed her hair out of her face, admiring her beauty yet again. I decided to make my way back to my room. I stood up from her bed but I felt her grip on my palms tightened. I looked at her sleeping face, her face looked scrunched up and her other palm was clutching onto her stomach. She wasn't awake but she was definitely in pain. I decided to sit and comfort her by rubbing her stomach in a circular motion hopefully it would ease the pain. I was relieved when she started to relax. I soon fell asleep leaning against the headrest. I was awaken a few times when I felt a sudden tight grip on my palms. I  repeated my actions hoping it would work again. I eventually fell asleep with one palm on her stomach and another holding onto her palm.

 

 

Woah Woah! 80 chapters already!! Can't believe I've gone this far. hehe~ Thank you all for the frequent comments and the subscriptions! Speaking of which, the previous chapter was the chapter that had the most subs! at least 20! I'm very happy and thankful! :)