Chapter 8

Don't You Understand Me?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It hurts. It really hurts. The pain from the slap is nothing than the pain inside my heart right now.

What am I to them?

Was I picked up from the trash beside the wet market?

Was I left in front of the doorstep?

All these questions were running around in Jihye's mind, spinning, forcing Jihye to think of answers.

Jihye couldn't take it anymore. It hurt too much. Jihye's tears wouldn't stop falling like the Niagara Falls.

"Jihye?" A voice called out. 

Jihye just kept her head down. She didn't want to look up. She didn't want anyone to see her acting like that.

"Jihye! It's really you! What's wrong? Come on." The voice plead.

"Look at me. Put your head up and show me your wonderful smile. Come on." The voice continued.

After being persuaded many times, Jihye finally looked up and saw the person she needed the most at the time. The person that didn't care about her background.

L.Joe.

Her bestfriend.

"L.Joe." Jihye said weakly. She was exhausted after crying for so long. Her voice couldn't be heard any louder than a whisper. 

"Come on. You can tell me anything." L.Joe said and helped Jihye to stand up.

L.Joe lead her to a cafe nearby while whispering encouraging words.

Jihye was so grateful to have a friend like him. But, she also felt like she's a burden. Always making and the others worried about her.

 

L.Joe was stressed out being at the company and decided to take a stroll a the park to have a peace of mind.

After walking through the long route, he reached the park. He walked quickly to the swings,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter