Chapter 10

Don't You Understand Me?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jihye's alarm clock rang and she stretched out her arms to turn it off. She stayed in bed for a few minutes before throwing her duvet to the side.

She went to the bathroom and saw her ugly reflection in mirror.

"Oh my god, I look like a dead zombie." Jihye yelled in a low voice and sighed before turning the faucet to wash her face and enter the shower 

Her eyes were swollen and bloodshot red. There were also tear stains on her cheek and her hair was a mess that made her look like a mad professor.

What she'd heard last night had taken a toll on her.

 

Jihye was sleeping when she suddenly woke up because the fan wasn't turned, making her feel hot and sticky as the sweats stuck on her. Her hair was sticking on her face, wet with sweat.

She walked out of her room to get a glass of water to hydrate herself. But then, she heard voices. Familiar voices.

She continued her way down the stairs as the voices got louder. Whoever they were, they're yelling now. Sounds like they're on each other's throats.

She was going to ignore her thirst and went back up to her, not wanting to disturb the people fighting downstairs.

But, before she could take a step, she heard something that was going to hurt her so much more if she just stood there. So, she went up to her room with a heavy heart and tears waiting to fall from her delicate eyes.

"What's wrong with you, dude?!"

"What is wrong with me? Yah! You guys were the ones treating Jihye badly and you're asking what is wrong with me!?"

"You want to know why I'm treating her like this? Huh?!"

Before the he could speak, he was interrupted.

"Yes, I want to know! I want to know why you're treating her like this! She's your sister, too!

I don't like seeing her bawling her eyes out, saying that you, Kim Myungsoo, her brother, don't love her one bit when she loves you so much she would die for you!"

"I've never accepted her in this family. She was adopted by my mother. And since then, everyone loves her so much, even my parents. They neglected me and Minjee!

We never get to feel our parents' love after she intruded our lives! Now, that our parents are no longer with us, I'm going to have my revenge and make her feel like how we felt when our parents focused more on her. That's why I'm treating her like this!"

 

Jihye was hurt when she heard this and cried herself to sleep.

I was adopted. All these while, I've been thinking that I am really a part of this family.

They never accepted me.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter