Chapter 9

Twisted Love

“The heart has its reasons that reason does not know.” – Pascal

~~~

Siwon is still working even though it is almost midnight, but he must finish his work by tonight because he doesn’t want to leave it unfinished until Monday. Being in the office for more than 12 hours has drained his energy; he stretched out and let out a loud sigh. He is in the middle of getting up to grab some coffee before the ringing of his phone distracted him. He looks at the caller ID, and raised her brows upon seeing the name of the caller.

‘Hello Sooyeon?’

No answer.

All he can hear is a loud banging noise of music, but he is still waiting for Sooyeon to respond to him and he doesn’t want to jump into any hasty conclusion.

‘Why Oppa.... Why am I so useless?’

Siwon gulped heavily upon hearing Sooyeon’s voice. She is almost screaming and her voice wavers. His heart is now raging with worry but he is trying to calm down and wait until Sooyeon speaks again.

‘I’ve tried everything that I could... It’s not my fault. I hate you!! I hate you Choi Siwon!! Because I can’t be as perfect as you!!

Sooyeon calm down, what’s wrong?

‘I’m just living under his mercy, how can he say that to me...’

‘Are you.... Are you drunk Sooyeon? Tell me where you are? I’ll pick you up’.

‘He.... he has no right to say bad things about my parents’.

Sooyeon is crying now, and that is more than enough to set Siwon off to get Sooyeon, wherever she is now and wrapped her tight around his embrace, wiping her tears. Grabbing his jacket, Siwon just follows wherever his instinct will lead him to.

~~~

Kyuhyun is in the middle of working with his latest song that has been requested from him for one of the rising idol group in Korea. It is his daily routine to work until late night because his inspiration works best at night. He enjoys his life now and he is more than glad that he doesn’t have to follow the normal working hour because he at waking up in the morning anyway. He is whistling to the rhythm of the song until his phone vibrates and caught his attention.

‘Man, your girl is here in my club, alone. And she had been drinking and crying all the time’.

Kyuhyun can’t help but to scowl at Hyukjae’s statement. Lee Hyukjae is a dancer a.k.a one of his best friends that own one of the most exclusive clubs in Korea.

‘Which girl are you talking about Hyung? You know I have stopped flirting around, don’t you?’

Kyuhyun is indeed one of the most known playboy in Seoul, a cold and snarky one that attracted young and hot girls to him. He surely ihad enjoyed all the attention, flirts here and there, but no one has able to catch his heart like Sooyeon did and he has stopped with all his unnecessary activities because all that he wants now is Jung Sooyeon, no girl can ever be compared to her.

‘I can’t remember her name, but you did introduce me to her... wait, wait... yeah, she is the one that comes with you and Siwon... and later both of you has to drag her off the bar.’

‘You are kidding me right?’

‘No I’m not Cho Kyuhyun, not when it comes to things as serious as this. Man, what have you done to her? She looks so miserable. You better hurry and get your over here, before things get out of control. You know I can’t stop all these erted people in here, don’t you? I’ve tried to stop her, but she refused to listen to me.’

‘!’

Kyuhyun is now rushing out from his studio and speed his car up through the nightlife of Seoul to get Sooyeon. He prays that Hyukjae is wrong, because Sooyeon is not the type of girl that goes to club, what more getting drunk, but his gut tells him to check it out, because he won’t ever forgive himself if something bad happens to Sooyeon.

~~~

*Flashback

‘My room, now!’

That is the only thing that her grandfather said before he slammed the phone down. Sooyeon shrieks in surprised but she knows something must have gone wrong, because despite of her grandfather coldness, the old man has never raised his voice to her. She rushed to her grandfather office at the top of the building, not wanting to piss him off more.

‘Why did you cancel the deal that I have been putting with Lee Corporation?’

‘Their company basis is not as strong as we think they are, Grandpa. I have been studying for their records for the past few years, and they are actually facing lots of problems with their management and it has been affecting their performance, so I believe that continuing our deal with them will bring no good to us, so I think it’s...’

‘You think I don’t know about that? I purposely choose Lee Corporation because with the entire crisis that they are facing, it will make it easier for me to take over them, and strengthen our influence in China! This is one in a lifetime Jung Sooyeon, and you have just ruined that!!’

Her grandfather slammed the thick file in front of him and that makes Sooyeon yelp in surprise. Tears are threatening to fall from her eyes, but she knows that she is not going to win over his grandfather through sympathy. It never works, she had learned it the hard way.

‘We are not supposed to manipulate on other people's weakness, Grandpa’.

‘Are you trying to lecture me here? I know what am I doing, and look at where I am now! This is how business work, it’s either you manipulate or being manipulated!’

‘It won’t last if you keep on manipulating people like this...’

‘Don’t you dare to teach me on how I conduct my business Jung Sooyeon! Remember, you have been living under my mercy for all of your life’.

‘Grandpa!!’

‘You are just as useless as your parents. Your father is so weak and your mother is just another pathetic that had seduced him, and ruined all his opportunity to become successful. And look where their so-called love had brought them’.

‘Grandpa, this is my fault!! Why are you dragging my parents into this?’

Sooyeon is crying, of all things she can never accept if anyone insults her parents, she knew that her grandfather was against their marriage, but she thought after almost 25 years he has gotten over it. But clearly the old man still hold grudges and he is letting it out on Sooyeon.

‘Don’t you use that tone with me! Now out!!’

~~~ 

TBC

 

A/N: I know I have been delaying on Sooyeon decision, but I promise, she will make her mind soon. Thank you for reading and subscribing everyone. ^_^