Chapter 10

Twisted Love

“The greatest happiness of life it the conviction that we are loved” – Victor Hugo

~~~

Kyuhyun is frantic the moment he enters the club. How can he find Sooyeon in this sea of people? The music is banging so loud and the dim light in the club is definitely not going to make his search any easier. He tries to call Hyukjae, but his effort is fruitless. He cursed under his breath, he knows that he must find Sooyeon no matter what. He is rushing and running here and there, trying to trace any sign of Sooyeon. He is scanning through the club until he spotted a familiar figure slumping in the bar counter and he sees something that definitely boils his blood.

‘Hands off man’.

‘Oh, long time no see Kyuhyun-sshi. Is there anything that I can do for you?’

The mocking tone in the voice of the man who is now sitting next to the intoxicated Sooyeeon is challenging him. Shim Changmin; they once fought over a girl and since then they can’t be in the same place together without causing harm to each other. Kyuhyun saw everything; Changmin has been offering drinks to Sooyeon, trying to act like a noble gentleman, but Kyuhyun definitely knows better.

‘I said hands off, she’s mine!!’

‘Why must you always get in the middle of my business? But sorry to disappoint you because this time around, I’m not going to back off’.

Changmin is ignoring Kyuhyun presence as he wrapped his hand on Sooyeon’s waist and back, an act to show that he is trying to help but he definitely have something else in mind. Everybody knows that there is nothing innocent when a man who comes alone to a night club trying to help the almost passed out drunken girl. Kyuhyun can feel his blood rushing and he is clenching his fist tight before he throws a punch right in Changmin’s jaw.

‘WHAT THE HELL?’

Changmin fell on the floor, and he is wiping the blood on the corner of his mouth. He clenches his jaw, stood up and pound to Kyuhyun. He grabs on the collar of Kyuhyun shirt and throws him to the floor.

‘You do know that you can never win over me, don’t you?

Changmin is throwing punches as he pinned Kyuhyun on the floor. Kyuhyun tries to fight back, but his opponent is definitely bigger and stronger than him. However it doesn’t stop Kyuhyun from gathering all of his strength to kick him back.

Changmin is taken aback because of the sudden thump attacking his gut; Kyuhyun takes the chance to attack him mercilessly until someone stopped him.

‘Stop it, Kyuhyun!! Enough!!’

He looks up and sees the familiar figure of Siwon. How did Siwon get here? Siwon engaged Kyuhyun off the now helplessly lying, disoriented and bloody Changmin, but it is very difficult because Kyuhyun definitely has lost control and he is not thinking with his rational mind. Anger has taken control of him.

‘No! Let me teach this piece of trash that no one should ever touch Sooyeon!!’

‘Dammit! Stop it Kyuhyun!! What the hell are you thinking you are doing? Throwing kicks and punches will not settle problems; it’s stupid and equally dangerous!!

‘It’s Sooyeon, Hyung!! Not when it comes to Sooyeon!!’

Kyuhyun is screaming as he stares at Siwon. He can feel that his heart is still pounding; he is furious.

‘Let’s get Sooyeon out of here.' Siwon said trying to calm Kyuhyun down before things turns even worse.

Kyuhyun immediately get to the bar counter to get Sooyeon. She has passed out, and it breaks Kyuhyun heart to see her like this. He Sooyeon soft brown locks that have been covering her face before he picks Sooyeon up on his arms.

Siwon who has been witnessing it all can feel his heart is clenching with pain. It hurts him so badly, but he knows that this is not the right moment to feel jealous or anything, because they need to get Sooyeon out of this horrible place as soon as possible.

‘I’ll get the car’.

~~~

Siwon is driving through the night of Seoul to Kyuhyun's place. The younger man has insisted to bring Sooyeon to his apartment, even though Siwon is not totally agree with his demanding decision, but he knows better than to argue with him and just let his dissatisfaction slide. Through the mirror, he can see that Kyuhyun is wrapping his arms around Sooyeon at the back seat. Seeing Sooyeon lying on Kyuhyun embrace makes his stomach lurched with an alien feeling that has caused him to speed up.

‘How did you get to the club, Hyung?’

Kyuhyun suddenly ask him and breaks the silence. He has wanted to ask the same question to Kyuhyun but truthfully, he is not in the mood to engage in any conversation with Kyuhyun at the moment. He can feel the temperature in the car is rising despite the chilling air coming from the air conditioner.

‘She called me, and she was crying. My instinct tells me that she was in Hyukjae’s club.’

Siwon said coldly, not bothering to elaborate more to Kyuhyun.

‘I see’.

‘What about you? How did you know that she was there?’

Hyukjae told me. Do you know why she acted this way Hyung?’

Siwon just shrugged his shoulder, even though he clearly knows that Sooyeon is upset with her grandfather. He really doesn’t mean to sound and act cold towards Kyuhyun, but who is he kidding? He is jealous and furious, because he didn’t reach the club fast enough.

~~~

‘I’ll take care of her tonight. You don’t have to worry Hyung. I suggest you to go back and have a rest. You look like hell in that working shirt of yours’.

‘Look who’s talking? Look at yourself. You are hurting pretty badly’.

Kyuhyun just realized that his knuckles are bloody; he flexed his hand and hissed as he touched his swollen lips.

‘Oh, this is nothing Hyung. I’m okay. I’ll let you know about Sooyeon first thing in the morning tomorrow.’

Siwon let a small nod. He is having an internal battle within himself. He knows that he can’t let jealousy taking over him. This is Kyuhyun he is dealing now; the younger man is so important to him. Even though he loves Sooyeon, there is no way that he will act so selfishly and hurt Kyuhyun. But to see Sooyeon with someone else is definitely not going to be easy for him, he wants to love her, announce to the world that Sooyeon belongs to him and him alone. Should he surrender even before he enters the battle? What would it make him then? A coward pathetic lonely man who can’t even fight for his feelings?

~~~ 

TBC

 

A/N: This chapter is definitely the hardest one to write so far. I’m not very satisfied with the fighting scene. Why am I doing this to Siwon? Comments are love, everyone. <3