Chapter 2

Twisted Love

4 years later.

~~~ 

‘Hyung, we’ll go to the airport to pick Sooyeon right?’

‘Of course Kyuyhyun, I’ll see you at 8 okay, and we’ll go together’.

Choi Siwon is now the head executive of Choi Empire. At the age of 24 he held such a huge responsibility as one of the executive in his family empire. People expect a lot from him and he knows that he can’t let their expectations down. Looking at the outside glass of his office, all he can see is a sky high building, he sighed heavily, not that he do not enjoy his work, he loves it, but sometimes trapped in his working suits suffocates him. He twirls his seat and smiling at the only picture frame in his working table.

‘Welcome back, Jung Sooyeon’.

~~~ 

Kyuhyun is beyond happy, in fact he is thrilled. He has been waiting for this day to come, the day where Sooyeon will be part of them again. Their little princess. Nobody knows that Jung Sooyeon is the one that he will think of every time he writes his songs. She is his aspiration. He glad that can choose his own path of life despite being an heir of his family business. At the age of 23 he is one of the prominent composers and music producers in Korea. He is really thankful that he has his brother taking all the responsibility of their family business. He can’t imagine himself in a working suit everyday like Siwon. He is happy with his life now working with music. It gives him the freedom to express himself and less than 12 hours his life will be complete again.

‘Jung Sooyeon’. He muttered to himself.

 

Sooyeon is nervous. She has no idea why she should be. Of course 4 years bring some changes in their life, but not much can actually change right. She has spent 4 years completing her study so she can be fully prepared to help her family manages their empire. At first she hesitates, because she is in doubt whether this is really the path of life that she have to lead later on. But soon enough she knows that being Jung Sooyeon comes with a huge responsibility. She can’t escape that. Today she will be back to Korea, to fulfil her responsibility and more she will be back with her two princes that had always been there for her. She smiles to herself, excitement fill her nerves as she boarded on the plane.

 

++

‘You surely have grown taller than the last time I saw you’.

But the truth is Kyuhyun really can’t keep her eyes off Sooyeon. He tries his best to stay as snarky as possible because the truth is he has turned speechless seeing Sooyeon after these years. How is this girl the same little girl that grew up with him? 

Sooyeon rolled her eyes. She really missed this, missed Kyuhyun teasing her, making fun of her.

‘Is that even a proper greeting after 4 years of not meeting me? And look at yourself; you haven’t changed a bit’.

But Sooyeon knows she is bluffing. Of course Kyuhyun looks so different now; he is no longer lanky and pale like he used to be. His brown eyes matched perfectly with his dark brown hair, he might not be as muscular as Siwon, but he is definitely not a stick in a bone anymore.

‘Welcome back little princess’.

Siwon flashed her with a dimpled charming smile. He is still as charismatic and perfect as she can remember. The perfect Choi Siwon with both brain and brawn. 

‘I think you should stop calling me that Oppa, I’m 22 you know’.

After 4 years, nothing has really changed. She still feels very comfortable around them and it feels good to be back.

They almost can’t recognize her at first. She looked so different, her shoulder length brown locks matched her flawless skin tone perfectly. She no longer has that boyish look. She is now a perfect young woman. They know all eyes are on her. She gives a charismatic yet bubbly vibe that makes people want to know her.

 

~~~ 

Today is the day, the day when Jung Sooyeon will officially start facing the real world. She will start working in her family company. She is very determined to prove herself to everyone, she won’t allow people to belittle her and she will show to the world that deserves her position because she capable of it, not because she is the next heiress.

‘Good morning Grandpa’.

Hurm’.

Sooyeon sits and sips her coffee. She really can’t understand why being with her grandfather will always cause her to be uncomfortable. Her grandfather is the one that raises her up after her parents and her older brother died in a tragic accident when she was 3 years old. She was raised in a very strict environment. Her grandfather is a very strict man, firm in his decisions, a man who knows what he wants and he clearly knows how to make people obey him. Sooyeon really respects her grandfather and she never argued or disobey every decision that her grandfather has made for her.

‘I’ll start working in the company today Grandpa’.

‘I expect a lot from you Sooyeon, keep that in mind’.

 

~~~ 

Everything went smoothly for her. Since it is her first day, there is not much to do, just a little introduction to her staff and some reports for her to look through. Everyone seems so nice and she is very thankful for that. Her phone rings and as soon as she sees the name on the screen, she can’t help but smile. Cho Kyuhyun.

‘I bet you are having such a hard time’.

‘Well, too bad to disappoint you, but I’m not Jung Sooyeon for nothing Oppa’.

She knows Kyuhyun very well. She can read him like an open book. She knows that Kyuhyun will always tease and make fun of her, but deep inside she knows that Kyuhyun never meant anything that he said. That is just the way her relationship with Kyuhyun works, making fun and mocking each other.

Tch, you surely know how to talk big huh? Well, I’m calling you to let you know that Siwon hyung has planned a dinner to celebrate your first day working in the company, and he is begging me to join’.

‘Cool, what time are you going to pick me up?’

‘Who says I want to pick you up??’

~~~

TBC