Chapter 6

Twisted Love

Sometimes when you sacrifice something precious, you are not losing it. You’re just passing it on to someone else – Mitch Albom, The Five People You Meet in Heaven.

~~~ 

‘Hyung, I’m in love! Can you believe it Hyung? I’m in love!’

That is the first thing Kyuhyun said when they meet that night as the younger hugs him. This is definitely a surprise. He really doesn’t expect Kyuhyun so-called urgent need to meet him is going to be a love confession. After knowing Kyuhyun for so long, he knew that Kyuhyun is someone that will not easily fall in love. Even though he writes such beautiful love songs, Siwon knows that the younger has never been in love before. He surely dated several girls and flirts here and there but hearing Kyuhyun admitting that he is in love utterly shocking.

However hearing the name of the one that Kyuhyun has fallen in love with is beyond shocking to Siwon.

‘Jung Sooyeon!! I’m in love with Sooyeon, Hyung!!' Kyuhyun said as he keeps on hugging Siwon.

His knees are weak, he definitely has turned pale and it feels like his heart is being ripped out. He is trying to stay calm and collected as he usually is. He can feel himself turn speechless at Kyuhyun sudden declaration. He tries to speak, but somehow he can’t even recognized his own voice anymore.

‘Hyung?’ What’s wrong?’

Kyuhyun breaks the hug and he is looking at Siwon with a concern look.

Siwon prays silently to God that Kyuhyun won’t notice any changes with his expression and he is gathering all the strength left within him to face Kyuhyun.

Wh.... What?’

Siwon knows that it is certainly not the appropriate responds to give when someone tells you that he is in love, what more that someone is your childhood friend/best friend/brother. But he just can’t help it, how on earth he is supposed to face this?

Kyuhyun, the one that he cherish and care the most is falling in love with the same girl that he has been dreaming to spend his life with.

But Kyuhyun is beyond thrilled to notice any of Siwon’s reactions.

‘I said I’m in love with Sooyeon, Hyung. It’s her. It has always been her’.

And Siwon really don’t know how he should react to that, and somehow he can feel that fate is now laughing at him because he knows that he can’t break Kyuhyun heart, can he?

Should he be the one who has to give up his own feelings for the sake of Kyuhyun’s happiness? What about Sooyeon? Did she love Kyuhyun back?

‘I’m planning to confess to her Hyung, and I am definitely going to need your help on that’.

Siwon wish that this is just a dream; a very bad dream and he really want to wake up from this tormenting agony he is feeling now.

 

~~~ 

Sooyeon is very surprised when she receives a call from Kyuhyun first thing in the morning. Not that she’s complaining, because she really loves talking to Kyuhyun.. Kyuhyun always know how draw her laugh with his wittiness.

‘I’m going to pick you up from work today okay’.

Urm, why Oppa? If you are planning to have a drinking match with me again, I’m not going to buy it this time around. I had a hard time explaining myself to Grandpa you know’.

‘You’ll never win against me, note that Sooyeon-ah’.

He can imagine Sooyeon pouting, and he really can’t wait to embrace her, and announcing to the world that the amazing Jung Sooyeon belongs to him. He is going to love her the way she deserves to be.

‘Here is the thing, I have this one song that I had written a while ago, but I really have no idea whether it is good or not, so I need someone to review it for me, and I choose you as the lucky one, you should be grateful Sooyeon’.

‘Huh? Since when you need people review on your song?’

‘Oh come on Sooyeon, plus I know that you miss me’.

‘Yeah yeah, come pick me up at 6 okay, I have to go now, I’ll see you later okay.'

Kyuhyun really can’t wait for tonight to come, and he is going to make sure that everything will go the way he has planned it to be. It has to be perfect.

 

~~~

Sooyeon really don’t expect Kyuhyun to bring her to his studio. Everyone knows that Kyuhyun studio is one of the most advanced and well-equipped studios in Korea complete with the latest and advanced equipment where Kyuhyun can work. It is a very exclusive place where he spends most of his time. Knowing Kyuhyun, Sooyeon knows that this place is very valuable to Kyuhyun, it is practically his life.

‘This is so nice; I haven’t been to any recording studio before’.

Kyuhyun is thankful that Siwon suggested to him to confess to Sooyeon in his studio. He makes a mental note to thank Siwon properly later, because the look of amazement plastered on Sooyeon face is so priceless. Siwon is right; there is no point of taking her to a luxury and fancy restaurants because being around luxuriousness is practically her life rituals.

‘I’m glad that you like it’.

Kyuhyun ushered Sooyeon to the room where he usually record all his songs. Kyuhyun has an exceptionally angelic voice, but being a singer is just not his cup of tea. He wants to work with music, using it as a medium to express himself, not around the glamorous life that most singers these days are after for.

‘Now I want you to put the headphones on, and wait for my instructions okay’.

‘But you are not expecting me to sing right?’

‘Of course not, I know you can’t sing, okay now, ready Sooyeon?’

Sooyeon gives a brief nod to Kyuhyun because she is looking forward to this. Trying something new always thrills her.

~~~~~

No it’s not me, it really doesn’t make sense
Whenever I eat or sleep I only see you, I think I’m crazy
I hated you because you always torment me
How? I don’t know how, I have come to love you, it’s strange

My heart listens to you from head to toe
Though friends tease me, my heart only hears you
One two three you are smiling, you take my breath away
Every day I collect your smile to cook a dish called “Love”
Forever I love you love you
love you love you love you~

Why don’t you leave me alone even for a moment?
Even though my heart is blocked, it still only calls for you
I’m excited when cooking for you so I whistle
Even though I cut my finger, my heart is happy thinking about your brilliant smile

My heart listens to you from head to toe
Though friends tease me, my heart only hears you
One two three you are smiling, you take my breath away
Every day I collect your smile to cook a dish called “Love”

Passing the night, passing the night…pass again
Though my memory is fading
My heart and my smiling eyes will not leave you
Forever~

My heart listens to you from head to toe
Even though the whole world is laughing, my heart only hears you
One two three you are smiling, you take my breath away
Every day I collect your spirit and kiss you to say I love you
Forever I love you love you
love you love you love you~

oh my baby my love

(*Listen to you-By Kyuhyun)

~~~~

Sooyeon is now lost in Kyuhyun’s voice, she closed her eyes because she is very mesmerized by Kyuhyun voice. His voice is very angelic, calm, warm and very soulful, it hypnotizes her. Sooyeon knows that music has always been Kyuhyunn’s passion, but she doesn’t remember Kyuhyun being this good. The lyric of the song is very sweet and the melody is very soothing.

As soon as the song ends, Sooyeon open her eyes but she really don’t expect to see Kyuhyun standing in front of her.

‘It’s really good Oppa, and I believe that this song will be a hit’.

Kyuhyun is now walking closer to her, and he is helping Sooyeon to take her earphones off. But, the look in Kyuhyun eyes is somehow very alien to Sooyeon, it is very dark and almost desperate.

‘I write this song thinking of you Sooyeon’.

Sooyeon is clueless for a moment because the truth is she did not know the man that is now standing in front of her. Kyuhyun that she knows will always tease and make fun of her, but the man standing in front of her now is looking straight into her eyes, with an unreadable expression.

‘Well, tha...’.

Kyuhyun lips are soft but his kiss is firm, pressing into Sooyeon. Sooyeon can’t feel anything at the moment, because Kyuhyun is now kissing her! She can feel Kyuhyun emotions being poured into the kiss, the longing, the desperation and maybe love? The kiss is very chaste. She can’t help but to think that she is now dreaming, because there is no way that Kyuhyun will kiss her. But when Kyuhyun’s arm clasped around her back, she knows that she is not dreaming.

Oppa!’

Sooyeon is now pushing Kyuhyun away for her, but she still is looking straight to Kyuhyun.

‘What was that for?’

‘Jung Sooyeon, I love you, it has always been you, and I long for you. 4 years without you had been very tormenting.’

Sooyeon looks at Kyuhyun with disbelief. How is this not a dream? Kyuhyun sudden confession sends shivers over her skin; she is trying to calm herself. Slowly, Kyuhyun is approaching her again, meeting Sooyeon’s eyes, and his hands are now touching Sooyeon’s face.

Sooyeon, Sooyeon look at me, listen, I’m sorry okay. I know this is so sudden, and I know it’s very shocking, but I can’t keep my feelings for you pent up inside me any longer’.

Sooyeon left hand touched Kyuhyun hands on her face and tears are treating to fall from her eyes, she clutched Kyuhyun’s hands to keep hold of her sanity.

‘Tell me Oppa, in what way am I supposed to take that?’

Kyuhyun immediately hugs her, resting his chin over Sooyeon head while Sooyeon is now pressing her face to Kyuhyun chest and started to cry.

‘I love you Sooyeon-ah, I'm in love with you.’

~~~

 

TBC