Chapter 13

Twisted Love

“Love that remains longest in your heart is the one that is not returned.” – Unknown

~~~

‘You know Hyung, the feeling that I got when she said that she loves me too was probably the single greatest moment of my life’.

It’s a Sunday morning where Siwon and Kyuhyun are in the middle of having their coffee together in Siwon’s apartment. It has been one of their friendship rituals; catching up with each other's lives at least once in a week. Kyuhyun can’t stop talking about his whole love-confession  with Sooyeon. Siwon knows that this is going to happen; he tries to smile and gives appropriate respond to Kyuhyun; not wanting to cause any suspicion, even though every word that comes from Kyuhyun feels like bullets that shot straight through his already broken heart.

‘And by the way Hyung, why didn’t I hear anything at all from you yesterday? I tried to call you but I can’t get through, and Sooyeon has been asking about you’.

‘Oh, something came up, you know, work like usual’.

It’s a lame excuse and at the same time a white lie, because he wouldn’t want Kyuhyun to know what exactly has happened to him yesterday. He is glad that the younger is not in the mood to interrogate him like he used to. Maybe, the saying that says love can change a person is true after all.

‘Hyung, may I come with a little piece of advice?’

Siwon raised one of his brows, curious. He is the one who always gives advice to Kyuhyun; not the other way around.

‘You are such a handsome man, six foot tall, with muscles to brag not to mention successful young business tycoon, you are literally the most eligible bachelor in Seoul, maybe even in Korea’.

‘Okay, what's with this all flattery remarks? I don’t get your point.’

‘Hyung...Hyunggg.. My point is, you should get someone to be by your side, you know be in a relationship. With all of your top notch qualities, you can get whoever you want. You should not just dedicate your whole life to work, work and just work, wasting and risking everything that is meant to be yours. I believe there must be someone that you like.’

Siwon smirks at Kyuhyun remarks. He wishes he can blow everything out; the fact that the only one that he wants is now belongs to Kyuhyun. All of his qualities are useless; because the one that he wants to impress the most has her eyes on someone else. What more ‘that someone else’ is literally his brother from another mother?

‘Easy for you to say, but it is not as simple as it seems to be Kyuhyun’.

Siwon doesn’t mean to give out any hint of disappointment or frustration in his statement, but they have known each other for so long, and Kyuhyun immediately catch the distress tone in Siwon’s voice. It is now Kyuhyun turn to raise his brows, looking straight into Siwon's poker face.

‘What are you not telling me, Hyung? Are you hiding something from me?’

Siwon takes a deep breath, and patting the younger man back. He doesn’t trust his own voice at the moment but he smiles at Kyuhyun, assuring him that nothing is wrong with him, that he is completely fine.

Deep inside his heart, he knows that he is not going to risk anything to lose both Kyuhyun and Sooyeon. If he can’t be the one that will be the reason for Sooyeon’s happiness, he is glad that it’s Kyuhyun that now have the key to her heart. Siwon can’t imagine someone better than Kyuhyun but he needs to make sure that Kyuhyun will never hurt her.

‘I’m glad that you are happy with Sooyeon now Kyuhyun, in fact I’m... I'm happy for you. You have no idea how important both of your happiness to me. And seeing that is more than enough to make me happy too, but thank you for your concerns nevertheless.’

‘Hyung...’

‘Let me finish Kyuhyun.' 

Siwon let out a long sigh, trying to organize his thoughts and forming a proper sentence, so Kyuhyun won’t suspect anything at all.

‘Sooyeon.. She is so important to me, just like you... But I swear Kyuhyun, if you break her heart; the first person that you have to face is me. She has been through a lot... It is not easy for her to accept just anybody in her life, and we both know that. She blames herself for everything that happened around her, even though she doesn’t say anything about it... She always thought that everybody is going to leave her alone at the end of the day. She is not as strong as she potrays herself to be. And I hope, I really hope that you will not cause her any pain’.

Kyuhyun can feel the intensity in Siwon’s monotonous voice. He nods and gives Siwon hand a firm squeeze, but for once in his whole life knowing of Siwon, he catches a glint of pent up anger in those eyes that he has never seen before. There is also sadness in those warm eyes, maybe coldness but Kyuhyun can’t exactly figure out what is it, yet.

‘And remember Kyuhyun, this is not even a threat, I mean what I said’.

~~~

TBC

 

A/N: Short update because I might not be able to update for a while, school stuff. Sigh.