Chapter 22

Twisted Love

 

“Love is taking few steps backward (maybe even more)...To give way to the happiness of the person you love.” - Unknown

 ~~~

“I like you.”

Siwon was first startled by the sudden announcement from Victoria when they are in the middle of having their lunch together after they have finished attending a conference organized by Han Group that day.

“Of course, I like you too... We’re friend right.” Siwon replied with a weak smile plastered on his face.

To tell the truth, Siwon has already accustomed to girls confessing to him, and today Victoria is not an exception. Being Choi Siwon means that he is a complete package that almost every girl is after for, and Siwon is aware of that matter.

Victoria let a bitter chuckle.

“Don’t give that answer. You know you can’t act dumb with me. I know you perfectly understand what I meant, don’t you?”

Siwon can feel the intensity in her voice. He knew that she is a very blunt and out-spoken girl in nature, but Siwon didn’t see this one coming from her.

“Victoria-sshi...” Siwon said as he keeps his gaze towards her. Siwon can’t think of proper answer at the moment. He is dealing with such tricky and complicated situation at the moment. He can’t simply reject her right there and then. He is afraid that his reckless decision might have caused greater consequences in the future. What's more, he has a reputation and a multi-billion venture to keep, and Victoria plays a very important role in this deal.  

“I like you. It’s more than just a friend kind of like.” Victoria stated again with an unwavering voice and expression that shows her determination.

“Listen... I don’t know how should I respond to that, but I don’t want people to think that I’m taking advantage of you. You know.... Manipulating you for my own personal benefit.”

“People? Or someone... In particular?”

Siwon can feel that his words died in his throat. Victoria’s statement sounds very cynical and it’s like a mock that lit up the ache that he has tried to keep down for the past days, and like a trigger, the image of fury Sooyeon shot through to Siwon’s mind.

“I want you to know Siwon that I always get what I want, and this time around I want you.”

Siwon let out a small laugh, Victoria narrowed her eyes to him. Siwon can’t help but to find that the word coming from her as absurd. People really have the ability to surprise you. Even after all these years dealing with all kinds of people, Siwon is still amused by the human’s antics.

“Let me be honest here. I think it is better for me to sort this out before things started to get even more complicated. I adore you... But just as a friend, a colleague. I really look up to you. You are such an amazing woman. But to develop our relationship to something more than what we have now... I don’t think that it is possible.”

Victoria’s reaction is nothing that Siwon has expected. Said girl just smile with an unreadable expression plastered on her face and she immediately rises from her seat.

“I think that’s it for today, I have a very important appointment to attend. I’ll call you anytime soon.” Victoria said as she excused herself with a slight nod and she walked away from their table, towards the main door and out of the main doors.

Siwon was left speechless and startled for quite a moment before his eyes caught a familiar figure out of the restaurant’s window, wandering in front of the shops inside of the mall.

~~~

A soft pat on his shoulders bring Kyuhyun out of his wandering mind as he is scanning through the glistening and glittering items in front of him. He looked up and he was greeted by a warm smile from a man that he always looks up to. 

Hyyuunnngggggg...” Kyuhyun is making one of his unmanly squealing in front of the slightly taller man that is now standing imposingly in front of him.

Siwon give a small smile as an answer to the younger’s antics. It has been quite a while since he last met him, and Siwon don’t recall Kyuhyun looking this paler and thinner than the last time he saw him.

“You owe me lots of explanations man.” Siwon said but at the same time examining Kyuhyun thoroughly with concern and worry clouding his mind.

“That... Can wait Hyung. But now I need your help with this.” Kyuhyun is pointing to the items glowing proudly in the securities of its safety box.

“A diamond ring??”

~~~

TBC

A/N: Short update, but next chapter coming up with more surprise coming. ^^ Thank you for reading and commenting. 

Here, I just want to share some WonSica moments.