Chapter 7

Twisted Love

“If I know what love is, it is because of you.” – Herman Hesse

~~~

The knock on her door startled Sooyeon. She had been spacing out , she had left her work unfinished and scattering on her table. Kyuhyun sudden confession surely has given a huge impact on her; it makes her lose her focus.

‘Come in’.

She is now looking at the documents scattered on her table; trying to look like she has been working. She doesn’t mean to pretend, but she has an image to care, she doesn’t want people to talk behind her back saying that she is just another bratty over-spoiled heiress.

‘Miss Sooyeon’.

Her secretary comes in just to remind her that she is going to have a very important meeting in less than 30 minutes. Sooyeon stared at her in horror.

‘Why don’t you let me know earlier? I haven’t prepared anything!!’

Sooyeon doesn’t mean to raise her voice, but this is definitely shocking. How can she attend a meeting without preparing anything? It will definitely lead to a bigger problem. 

‘I did informed you this morning’.

Her secretary looks at her with a confusion plastered on her face. It has been almost a month since she worked with Sooyeon, and this is the first time seeing her like this. Sooyeon has always been very dedicated and meticulous when it comes to her work.

‘Oh my god, I’m sorry. Things are just going out of my control, what time is the meeting again?’

‘The meeting will start at 11.30, but the meeting is only between you and the representative from Choi Company, but don’t worry Miss, I have prepared everything that you are going to need for the meeting later.’

Sooyeon is very thankful for her secretary effectiveness, and she smiles sincerely as she thanks her.

~~~

Oppa!!’

Sooyeon is beyond surprised to see that Siwon is the one waiting for her in the meeting room. She really doesn’t expect that the representative from the Choi Company will be Siwon. Surely, Jung and Choi family have long established a good business venture for a very long time, and it is one of the reasons on why they knew each other since they were small. Siwon gives Sooyeon a warm smile, as he stands up and gives out his hand to Sooyeon.

‘Nice meeting you Miss Sooyeon, and I believe we have a meeting to attend?’

Sooyeon stretched out her hand, accepting the handshake but can’t help but to let a small laugh.

‘Likewise, so… should we get to our business now?’

Siwon is very proficient when it comes to work, and somehow it mesmerized Sooyeon greatly. The Choi Siwon that she knew is very well-mannered, soft spoken and affectionate, but the man that is now sitting in front of her is very charismatic and surely knows how to do his work with a very high level of ethics and professionalism. His presence alone gives a professional business man vibe, not to mention young, suave and strikingly handsome. She has never had a professional relationship with Siwon, and this opportunity gives her a chance to see the other side of him.

But what Sooyeon didn’t notice is the way Siwon is looking at her, secretly. Siwon is really captivated by the way Sooyeon is conducting their meeting. In such a very young age, she clearly knows what she is doing. It is a look of adoration that he can’t help but to feel every time he looks at Sooyeon. Their meeting lasted about two hours before they come to conclude their meeting.

‘I guess this is it Miss Sooyeon, I believe we will be meeting again soon enough to make sure our project will go as planned.’

Siwon stands up and reach out his hand for a handshake and Sooyeon is more than honored to comply before she raises her brow because Siwon is not letting Sooyeon hand off him.

‘So, little princess do you mind to have a lunch date with me?’ Siwon said with a grin on his face and he give Sooyeon’s hand a little squeeze.

‘I thought you'd never going to ask’.

~~~

Oppa, what is love?’

Siwon now is looking at Sooyeon, and he knows where this conversation is going. Sooyeon is not the kind of girl that talks about lovey dovey stuff like most of girls at her age do. Raised in a strict environment, Sooyeon knows that love and feelings will put her in a vulnerable state. The dark incident that almost caused tragedy to her 4 years ago has made her to let her guard higher.

Siwon stopped eating and abruptly reach for the napkin in his lap and wipe his mouth. He knows that he needs to think carefully before he can answer Sooyeon’s question. It is a simple matter, but the truth to be told, Siwon can’t think about any appropriate answer at the moment.

‘The truth is… I don’t know Sooyeon, because I believe there is no definition that can truly define the meaning of love’.

Yes, Siwon really don’t have the definition to love, because even now he is still trying to figure out whether everything that he feels toward Sooyeon is love, or just the feeling of affection that he feels for her. Siwon can see that the Sooyeon looks so confused at the moment, which is rare because Sooyeon always know how to act, what to say and how to work things out.

‘But I guess....... Love is to accept with your heart... it is something unconditional and everlasting, and... and when it comes to love someone, we must listen to our heart, because it knows the truth’.

Sooyeon nodded and sighed heavily. She wants to tell Siwon about Kyuhyun confession but she doesn’t know where to start and it is going to be awkward for them. They had knew each other for almost 17 years now, but this whole Kyuhyun love confession thingy is something that she had never experienced before and moreover both of them are equally important for her. It feels like if she accepted Kyuhyun, it will change everything that they have together. She is not going to risk the beautiful friendship that they have for so long just because of her hasty decision. It is very complicated but she can’t keep it a secret any longer.

Kyuhyun oppa.... he told me that.... that he loves me, and to be honest, I really don’t know how I should react to that. We have known each other for so long, how can he possibly know that whatever feeling that he have for me is.... love?’

Siwon gulped heavily. Kyuhyun has confessed to Sooyeon? He really doesn’t expect Kyuhyun to be this fast. Surely he knows about Kyuhyun feelings to Sooyeon, but this is just too sudden to happen. He can feel that he is now lost for word and he is trying his best to not let Sooyeon read any of his expressions.

‘Then what about you Sooyeon? Did you love him back the way he loves you?’

~~~

TBC