Life After the Storm

Precious Three Months

Taecyeon and Eun Jung decided to wed after New Year. They hurriedly made calls to JYP to tell him about this event. The CEO relented, but he said that he'll be sending the other One Day guys instead. Eun Jung decided to invite Jiyeon, Hwa Young, Hyomin, and Soyeon to the wedding too. AS for her other relatives, Eun Jung decided not to invite them. After all, it had been her plan even when she was still dating Juntaro, that they'd invite only a minimum number of people if ever she wed. And now that she'd wed Taecyeon, her plan remained the same.

The small church was simply decorated too. Neither of the couple didn't want to spend much, as they didn't see it fit to be extravagant just on a wedding day. For Taecyeon and Eun Jung, it wasn't the wedding that was important. Marriage was important to them, and they couldn't wait spending their lives together.

The bride's maid was Hyomin, the bestman was Nichkhun. Of course, Hyomin didn't mind it as long as it wasn't Chan Sung. She knew she had to keep her distance. But she didn't know that Nichkhun knew. But still, he was poker-faced about it.

Jiyeon snickered. On the opposite side of the pew sat Jin Woon. He occasionally stole glances her way, and when their eyes met many a time, they start to look away and blush. Hwa Young kept sighing. She wished that she could talk to Nichkhun, but she recently found out that Nichkhun had already been in a relationship with Victoria of fx. Much as she wanted to say it straight to his face that she was hurt, she decided not to. Afterall, he was a star, and she was just an ordinary gal. It hurt her to think that her love life wasn't at par even with Jiyeon's, who was secretly dating Jin Woon already. Soyeon's kids were part of the ceremony too. She kept chasing Mavin around because he was restless and he wanted to eat. To her relief, Jun Ho volunteered to watch over Maden.

A simple dinner was held at the Michiko-san's house that EUn Jung had turned into a family resthouse. As she didn't want the place to be sold, she decided to make full use of it. The entourage congratulated the newlyweds as they went inside the house. Mrs Ham, Hyomin and Soyeon cooked many Korean dishes, to the One Day guys' delight. 

"Oh, I guess JYP-ssi would regret not coming with us. He really loved home-cooked meals!" Woo Young commented.

"Well, if there'd be bananas, I guess he'd be the happiest guest here," Jun Su said as he looked at Jo Kwon. The others laughed.

"Well, I'd be happy guys if you spend the night here in Cheongsong. You'd still be staying at the apartment. How does that sound?" Mrs Ham asked the boys.

"Auntie, we are very pleased to accept your invitation," Seulong said with a bow. The others thanked her too for her kindness.

***

An hour after the meal, Eun Jung slipped out again unnoticed. She headed for Michiko-san's grave and gave her respects. Then she went over to Juntaro's and the baby's graves and did the same. She then stood a distance away from the graves so that she could talk to her loved ones. The snow had slowly melted under her feet, but she didn't mind. Whenever she's at this solitary place, she felt she was in another world.

"Obaasan, Juntaro-kun, Baby Boy, here I am kneeling before you, giving you my respects," Eun Jung said as she bowed again. Then, she straigthened up her body again to converse. Tears fell again down her cheeks.

"Juntaro-kun, I remember our promise not to be extravagant during our 'wedding'. I'm sorry if I had to make that promise to another man. But I would like to tell you that I've finally moved on. I now love Taecyeon, and I'm happy for what I have with him now. Thank you for telling me to open up my heart for him. I still love you, but I'm already in love with another living human being. I wanted to share my life with him, that life which I know I would never have with you forever. Obaasan, I'm finally the happiest woman here. I know how you felt for Taecyeon after you mistook him for Juntaro-kun. Yet, my husband will be now my everything. You never taught me anything about marriage and family life, but with your austere way of living, I could say I'm going to get that from you, no matter how rich my husband is. I'm still going to work and fulfill my dream of being a teacher, even if I have to move to Seoul to be with him. Thanks to you. Baby Boy, you know how abeoji and eommonie love you so much. Even if I had to relocate myself, I'll still won't forget you. You will always serve as a reminder of how your parents loved each other. You will always be in my heart. I love you, little one."

She didn't notice Taecyeon and Nichkhun standing behind her. When Eun Jung finally stood up to go back to the rest house, she was shocked to see them.

"You're frightening me!" She told her husband and his friend.

"Mianhe, EUn Jung-ah. Everybody's just wondering where you went. But I knew where you would be, and so I went here too."

Nichkhun asked. "Who was Juntaro to you, Noona?"

"My first love," she answered. 

"Did you know about this too, Taec?"

"I did...a long time ago..."

Nichkhun shrugged his shoulders. "Okay. Let's go. It's freezing around here. I don't want my arthritis to get bad either."

And so, leaving the grave yard, Eun Jung embraced her arm around Taecyeon's.

***

A few weeks after the wedding, the guys were back to their old routines. They had their concerts again, TV guestings, and photo shoots. On one of the TV interviews, the emcee asked Taecyeon.

"Can you verify this information? A lot of netizens had noticed a wedding ring on your finger. When did you get married? And to whom?"

Taecyeon looked at the emcee. He knew this moment would come, but he wasn't afraid to tell her the truth.

"Yes, I'm already married. I wed this school teacher. Her name is Ham Eun Jung."

"Wow, that was a frank answer. I wonder how your fans would react to this."

"To my fans, I'm very sorry if I had to keep this news a secret, but then, my wife is a very private person. When we wed, we didn't invite as many people either. I wanted it that way too. And I know some of my fans would get hurt with me married to a girl, but then, I hope they'd understand. After all, someday, some people are bound to get married. It so happened that I had mine now. And though I had been in many relationships in the past, I could say Eun Jung had been my soulmate all along."

"Well, to the other guys, how did you receive this news?"

Nichkhun answered for the entire group. "We were happy to know Taec and Eun Jung would be married. Of course, we wanted to marry too, when the right time comes and with the right girl."

"Oww....that's so true, Khun-ah."

Nichkhun looked at Taecyeon and gave him a thumbs up sign. He knew that his friend would be battling rabid female fans who would get angry. He might even lose fans. But then, he might even win more fans for being honest. He might even gain fans who would love him not for his appeal, but for his talent.

 

***

Hours after Taecyeon's interview, he became the most searched person on the net. Even people were starting to look for Ham Eun Jung. The female fans were in a riot, saying they felt deceived because their idol had married without them knowing. But some others defended TAecyeon, saying that it was an opportunity for him to do so with the woman he loves, otherwise, he'd regret with his decision not marrying Eun Jung.

The teachers in Eun Jung's school were shocked as well.

"He was your student, was he not? Wow, I'm surprised you managed to grab a hottie for a husband!" A female teacher remark. But Eun Jung just smiled.

"So, you're Mrs Ok Eun Jung now?" A male teacher asked.

"Ne. "

"Yahhhh....after all those years of being single and avoiding guys who pursue you, you had managed to met someone you barely knew and who was entrusted to your care. A little odd, isn't it, Mrs Ok?" The principal asked. Eun Jung couldn't make out of the question. It seems the principal was mocking or joking her.

"Ne."

"Well, but Taecyeon is a nice guy, Mr Principal. I believe Ok-seonsaengnim wouldn't marry him if she didn't get to know him well, would she?" Hyomin came to the rescue. She knew the real reason of the sudden marriage, but she couldn't deny Eun Jung's mind. SHe had her own thoughts that could sometimes stand as radical or odd for most people.

"Well...I guess I'd believe you then, PArk-Seonsaengnim. After all, we know our Eun Jung to be a bit far off, but not anti-social."

"Gamsahamnida, Mr Principal," Eun Jung and Hyomin replied in unison.

"What now?" another teacher asked.

"I plan to finish this school year. I'm going to see them through their CSAT. Taecyeon and I had already talked about it, and he understood my plans. He even said he'd be waiting to see who among his former classmates would make it to the top like me."

"Aiissshhhh...so 2PM's main rapper is really proud of his wifey!"

"Of course, he's proud of me. And I'm proud for him when he was being interviewed. I'm happy he stood up for me. I wasn't wrong to be married to him after all."