Your gift to me...

Precious Three Months

Two days before the class finally closed for the Winter break, Eun Jung wasn't feeling well. Her head ached, and she was feeling nauseated. She went to the rest room, but there was nothing she could vomit. She thought that her heartburn had probably returned. She had been feeling stressed lately. She then decided to bathe and went down to eat breakfast.

She was in no mood for a conversation when the boys went out of the apartment. When they saw their teacher, they began talking among themselves. But they still were noisy, and Eun Jung was in no mood to reprimand them.

"It's odd. She usually gets angry if ever we're noisy," Jun Su whispered to Jun Ho. The latter could only nod.

***

Eun Jung arrived at the faculty room, then immediately sat on her chair. Hyomin noticed her and went over to her co-teacher.

"Are you all right, Ham-Seonsaengnim?"

"Ani...I think my heartburn returned. I'm feeling nauseated too."

"Have you taken in any medications?"

"Just an antacid, that's all..excuse me.." Eun Jung said as she hurriedly ran towards the restroom. When she returned, she rested on her desk again.

"Have you had breakfast?" Hyomin asked again. Eun Jung nodded.

"Well...do you want to rest at the clinic? I could take you there..."

"Gwaenchanha. I'll be going to class in a few minutes. I still have a test to conduct."

"Arrasseo...but I'm worried for you. Holler at me when you need me." Hyomin said as she picked up her books. Then she went to her first class for the day.

When Eun Jung went to her class, she wasn't in the mood to even get angry at the students. She conducted her exam just as she had planned. At the back of her mind, she decided to just go on undertime and go home. She'll tell the assistant principal as the principal had left for his vacation.

***

The next day, Eun Jung still felt the same. Whenever she wanted to vomit, nothing's coming out. She didn't feel like eating breakfast either, to the chagrin of her parents. When she walked with the boys to school, she wasn't still in the mood for anything. Taecyeon began to feel worried, so her volunteered to assist her in case she trips on her way. The other guys walked behind her for support.

When Hyomin saw Eun Jung's pale face when she arrived to the faculty room, she was even more worried. She gave her cousin a glass of lukewarm water. Suddenly, Eun Jung covered her nose when Hyomin came near.

"Did you just wear that perfume again?"

"Mwoh? I thought you liked this scent." Hyomin asked, puzzled. To her surprise, Eun Jung ran again to the rest toom to vomit.

Hyomin looked at her cousin leaning on the lavatory for five minutes, when suddenly, something ticked on her head. She looked around the faculty room to see if there are other teachers nearby. Good thing for them, no one came in the room. When Eun Jung returned to her seat, Hyomin decided to ask her.

"Ham-Ssaem, when was your last menstrual period?"

"Last month. Wae?"

"When do you expect to have it again this month?"

"I don't know, Park-Ssaem. I'm usually on the irregular side. My period does not follow the 28-day cycle. Wae?"

"I'm sorry if I have to ask but, by any chance...are you..pregnant?" Hyomin whispered. Eun Jung's eyes widened. It's impossible. She couldn't be pregnant. But then, remembering that she had it with Taecyeon on her birthday, there was a possibility.

"Pre..pregnant? Mo..molla..." Eun Jung's palm was now very wet. She didn't know how to receive this news. Of ocurse, she wanted to start a family. SHe wanted to have kids. But she wasn't sure how she'll tell Hyomin she had with Taecyeon, and that he might be the father of her child.

Hyomin went to her desk and got a pregnancy test kit. She handed it to her cousin and had her test her urine. Eun Jung did as she was told. Ten minutes later, she came back, feeling dazed.

"Well..?" Hyomin asked.

"It..it's positive..."

Hyomin went to her cousin and congratulated her. Then she asked. "But you don't have a boyfriend. Who's the father of that child?"

Eun Jung looked around to see if there were people eavesdropping. To her dismay, she saw another teacher come in. She hurriedly went back to the restroom and checked if she had properly disposed the test kit. She was relieved to see she had indeed thrown it properly, wrapped in tissue so that no one would suspect. COming out of the restroom, she looked at the clock on the wall. Her first class would still be an hour from now, so she could tell Hyomin about her secret. Both teachers waited for the male teacher to exit the room. Hyomin was excited. She didn't have class till nine in the morning, so she can listen to EUn Jung reveal the mystery guy.

"Well..the father of this kid is...Taecyeon.."

Hyomin clasped . "Neo...you already had it with him?"

"Three times..."

"Wow! I didn't know you two were in a relationship! Chukhahae! I wonder how he'll receive it? I bet he'll be thrilled."

"Well...it was unexpected. I just accepted his proposal to be his girlfriend on my birthday last week."

"That's fast! Omo!!!! I'm jealous! Sung Mo Oppa and me had done it a lot of times already, but we plan when to do it. I don't want to get pregnant right now, you know. Honestly, I didn't expect you'd fall for him. You were always very strict with the guys, and you treated them like they were your students."

"I did, but Taecyeon-ah was very persistent in pursuing me. I never expected things to turn out this way." EUn Jung said, smiling. In an instant, she felt like the bad feeling she had experience left. She couldn't wait to tell Taecyeon the news. Moreover, she had to tell her parents the truth about them and about her pregnancy.

***

Eun Jung declined to join the guys jogging. It was good the boys understood. But before Taecyeon could even jog, Eun Jung grabbed his arm and pulled him away. His other friends didn't notice as they jogged on ahead.

"You and I need to talk later, at ten, at the bench."

"A..arrasseo, Eun jung-ah.."

***

Taecyeon slipped unnoticed in the living room when the others were busy playing with cards. He then went to the bench outside the house and noticed his ladylove sitting with her jacket on. The temperature had started to drop, so that Taecyeon began to shiver. But as he didn't expect the weather to get this cold, and Eun Jung had told him to met her at ten, he didn't have a choice. He sat beside her, looking at her looking at the stars.

"How many ,do you suppose, are the stars in the sky," EUn Jung began.

"There are billions, I guess..." Taecyeon answered.

"Hmmm..Well, I'm not one to believe in astrology or destiny, but what's the probability you'd meet the one for you in this lifetime?"

Taecyeon cocked his head."I don't understand you, Eun Jung-ah."

Eun Jung looked at him, smiling. "What are the chances that certain someone would make you happy?"

"You...you're puzzling me..."

"I guess I stirred your mind, huh,"Eun Jung said as she looked at the ground, smiling. Then she looked at Taecyeon, studying his features.

"Would you believe me if I tell you something that sounds impossible?" she continued.

"Can you get your point straight?" TAecyeon asked. But Eun Jung still made a game out of his confusion.

"You told me a lot of times you've had experienced making out with girls. Had you ever met them again after doing so? Did they ever tell you anything afterwards?"

"Ne..I still met them quite a few times..because some were my schoolmates. But they only said I was so good they wanted to do that with me, which never happened again. But that lady whom I had my first time with, I never got to see nor hear anything from her again."

"What are the chances you'd be seeing me in the future?"

"If I want to visit you and everybody again, many times of course...but why are you suddenly saying all of these?"

"Taecyeon...I'm pregnant."

Taecyeon looked at her. "You're kidding, right?"

"Ani..that's the reason I was feeling so tired the past few days. It's a good thing winter break had started. I can't afford to be tired all the time in class."

Taecyeon held Eun Jung's hand. "That means, I'm gonna be a father??? Wow...I...I can't explain how happy you made me!"

They talked for minutes about how to tell her parents that they were already a couple, and how to disclose of her pregnancy. They decided to to talk about getting engaged in the future, and hopefully, getting married. Taecyeon's tears wouldn't stop falling as he carressed Eun Jung's face. At the back of his mind, the word fatherhood began dancing across like an angel. He was very excited to start a new chapter in his life with his new love. It was a feeling he had never felt before, and he was beginning to like it. He began to imagine if it's a boy or a girl. He imagined himself carrying the cute baby, crooning him to sleep with some of their songs. He was feeling excited taking pictures with the kid and his mom as he would take his first steps, or saying his first words.

"Taecyeon-ah, I could say this is one of the most beautiful present I had received on my birthday and for Christmas." Eun Jung said.

"Me too...your news is also a very nice birthday gift for me."

"I love you, lover."

"Saranghe, Eun Jung-ah..."