Pass You By

Precious Three Months

Jiyeon went to Seoul to see her cousin Boram. By the next year, she'll be in first year of college and she decided to study in Seoul. Boram's parents permitted Jiyeon to live with them so that she can save money. ANd as the house was just near the school, it proved beneficial to her.

Jiyeon exited the school grounds after taking a look at the school building and asking the dean for the school curriculum. Boram had texted her that they'd meet at a noodle store just near the CD shop, a few blocks from the school. So, the girl went her way. She looked at her way around, trying to make sense of her soon-to-be life in the city of the big stars.

A little further, there was a photoshoot commencing. Jiyeon decided to check. To her surprise, she recognized Seulong and Jo Kwon. She wondered if Jin Woon happened to be around too. She decided to observe the photoshoot to look how the stars go about with that kind of business. Later, she saw a make-up artist putting some finishing touches on Chang Min and his partner for the shoot, IU. Chang Min was standing near a lamp post as IU was seated near him, holding her pink guitar. The photographer told them this and that order, and rattled off some more orders on how they should pose.

"Ahhh..how nice it would be if I get to be a star too and pose beside Jin Woon Oppa..." Jiyeon thought.

"Next. O JIn Woon-ah and Seo Hyun-ah."

Jin Woon was wearing a red statement shirt and faded denims, and Seo Hyun was wearing a red tank top and mini skirt. Jiyeon guessed that maybe, the guys were doing a photo for a clothing line. Jin Woon's pose was that he was looking at Seo Hyun, his head down and about to give her a kiss. His hands were holding her waists. And Seo Hyun was to face an object beside the director, her right hand holding Jin Woon's nape, her right hand was free.

"Ok..good..next action...okay..."

Jiyeon heard some students talking.

"Ahh...Oppa is so handsome. He's really compatible with Seo Hyun eonnie, don't you think?" A thin girl asked.

"I agree. Hey, have you heard? She was his ideal girl! I bet he must really be happy now that Eonnie is his partner in this project," the other girl answered.

Jiyeon clutched her bag as she listened to the two students taking more about Jin Woon and Seo Hyun. She was suddenly jealous and disappointed. She didn't know why Jin Woon had given her his number in the first place. Maybe, he had forgotten all about her. Plain people will never get to be a star's love interest in real life, she thought.

****

"Oppa, can I use your phone real quick? Mine's out of batteries and I need to call Jessica Eonnie and tell her to come pick me up." Seo Hyun asked Jin Woon. The guy didn't hesitate and instantly let out his cellphone for her to use. She was about to press a number when there was a call waiting to be answered. So, Seo Hyun clicked the answer button.

"Yeoboseyo?"

Jiyeon looked at her phone in disbelief. How come it was a woman who answered it and not a man? So she hurriedly clicked the end call key. Jin Woon, meanwhile, was listening nearby. He asked Seo Hyun to give him his phone. He dialled the unknown number and called the stranger.

"Yeoboseyo?"

"A..annyeong..Oppa..."

"Mianhamnida...but I don't seem to recognize your number. Who's this please?"

Jiyeon blinked as she was looking at Jin Woon calling her from her phone. She was just a few feet away from where he was, but he was facing the street. 

"This is Jiyeon..do you still remember me?"

"Ahh...annyeong...Jiyeon..uhm..but I don't seem to remember you..Mianhe..."

"Ah...okay...I'm so sorry to disturb you...bye..." Jiyeon said as she started to walk away, passing by the photographer as she clicked her phone close, but still placing it near her ears. Tears started to fall down her face as she passed right in front of Jin Woon. The 2AM guy closed his phone and gave it to Seo Hyun as Seulong went near him.

"Isn't that Jiyeon?" he said as he pointed to the girl in a green t-shirt and black shorts. 

"She just called me..I can't seem to place the name and the face." Jin Woon said.

"Idiot! She's that girl we met last month at Cheongsong!"

And Jin Woon's mind finally kicked in. Yes, he remembered Jiyeon. He remembered that a familiar girl who happened to pass by him a few minutes earlier. It finally dawned to him that that indeed was Jiyeon. Frustrated, he looked among the crowd to chase her. But she was gone. Jin Woon scratched his head as he stopped in front of the CD shop.

"Aish, Jin Woon, how could you be so stupid? How could you not remember Jiyeon?" he berated himself.