Dance your way to jealousy, love and hurt

Precious Three Months

Eun Jung met Sung Mo at the school gym. He was her tango teacher, and Hyomin knew about this. Since she trusted her cousin and her boyfriend, she didn't mind it. She knew that Eun Jung isn't quite bit interested in Sung Mo either.

"Annyeong hasaeyo, Sung Mo Oppa," Eun Jung greeted.

"Annyeong hasaeyo, EUn Jung-ah. Okay, shall we get started?"

"Ah..Oppa, can I make another request? What other couple dances do you know? We've been doing tango for three weeks already. I wanted to learn something new."

"Arrasseo. We'll be dancing Salsa tomorrow. What do you say?"

Eun Jung knew that salsa is a y dance, but nevertheless, she agreed. It's as if something will change between her and Sung Mo. Hers is purely just for exercise.

***

Taecyeon told his friends he won't be going home together with them. They didn't question him either, considering that they knew Taecyeon could be so secretive sometimes.

Taecyeon decided to go to the gym. He  remembered Eun Jung telling him that she dances right after classes. He wanted to see for himself how she dances. He wished that EUn Jung was just dancing by herself, so that he could teach her some of the dances he knew. To his disappointment, he saw Eun Jung dancing with a guy. Taecyeon thought that Eun Jung's dancing partner was some guy he wouldn't feel threatened. Instead, he saw that Sung Mo was a goodlooking guy, and he couldn't deny that he was kind of jealous. So, he just hid behind the door to prevent the dancing partners from noticing. However, Sung Mo noticed him.

"Yah, haksaeng, what are you doing there hiding behind the door?"

Eun Jung turned towards the door. When she saw Taecyeon, she beckoned him.

"Oh, Taecyeon-ah, you can come watch us dance."

Taecyeon, seeing his attempt futile, slowly went in the gym.

"Sit anywhere you want. I'll be with you after Oppa and I are done here." Eun Jung said as she started to dance to the tune of the music. Taecyeon noticed the way Eun Jung held her hands on Sung Mo, the way she stared at him the way her hair flipped. He observed her every move and turns.

"Ah...let's do that again, Oppa. I think I made a mistake."

"Yah, Eun Jung-ah, are you an OC?"

"Mwoh?"

"Obsessive-compulsive behavior? I didn't notice a single mistake the past few days, yet you wanted to repeat the same parts over and over again."

"Oppa, I feel that I'm doing it wrong."

"Ani. You are great, really. There's nothing wrong with the way you dance. Hyomin gets a lot of mistakes, and she berates herself for that. Aish, you two really are cousins."

"But I need to do this right."

"EUn Jung-ah, you are not joining some dance competition, are you?" Eun Jung shook her head.

"So? There's no need to overdo it. Okay, let's begin from the top."

Taecyeon didn't know why Eun Jung had to repeat her dance. He saw that she had done perfectly well. But he didn't know if she did that just to make him jealous. If it wan't her intention to make him feel that way, Eun Jung was really a perfectionist.

 

***

 

"Gomawo, Oppa. Let's do that Salsa dance tomorrow."

"O,  you have to try wearing heels with Salsa."

"IS there really a need to? I don't think it's necessary. Besides, I don't want to sprain my ankle."

"Arrasseo. But most dancers dance with stilletos on when they do that Salsa. Ok, see you tomorrow." Sung Mo said as left, Hyomin was waiting for him at the basketball ring, and when he went to her,he kissed her.

When Taecyeon saw this, he was confused.

"Who was he, noona?"

"Jealous?"

Taecyeon blushed. "A...ani..."

"TAecyeon-ah, were you jealous because I danced with him? Don't worry, we've been dancing since last year and nothing's happening between me and him. Besides, he's Hyomin's boyfriend of many years. They're going steady, though they didn't plan to marry any sooner. And by the way, why would you be jealous when I have no boyfriend? You are one silly guy," Eun Jung said as she got her bottled water and began to drink the contents.

"Noona...can...I...ask you for a dance...?"

"Sure. What dance shall we do?"

"Well...I'm really not that good in tango. Can you teach me?" Taecyeon asked as he blushed again. His heartbeat began to accelerate when Eun Jung finally held his hand as she pulled him to the center of the gym. Her smooth hand held his callused hand, her lean frame with her s slightly brushing his chest. Eun Jung told him which foot to move first, and how to hold her. She did a turn, and her hair brushed across her face. He wanted to brush that stray hair away from her face. He wanted to even touch the smooth skin of her face. He felt like he was in heaven dancing with Eun Jung. In the middle of the dance, Taecyeon stopped, causing his partner to stop too. Then he looked at her: her sad, doe eyes, her nose, her pink lips. Eun Jung blinked as she looked at Taecyeon too, her heart rate becoming fast. In that few seconds they stopped, Taecyeon slowly moved his head down to Eun Jung's as he was about to kiss her. But in a flash of lightning, Eun Jung acted on reflex: she did an almost-shark bite on Taecyeon's nose, so that he jerked in shock.

"What did you do that for, Noona?"

"I should be the one asking you: were you asking me to teach you to dance so that you could kiss me?" Eun Jung asked, rather angry at Taecyeon for being so sneaky.

Taecyeon blushed as he let go of his grip. "Mi...mianhe, noona..."

"Never trick me again next time. Let's go home." Eun Jung said as she headed for the benches to get her bag. But Taecyeon held her wrist.

"Is it so wrong for me to want to give you a kiss? Is it so wrong for me to love you? Is it wrong for me to feel this way for you, Eun Jung-ah?"

Eun Jung's eyes opened wide in shock. She turned to him with hurt in her eyes that he had seen for the first time.

"Did you just call me by my name? You asked me if it's so wrong for you to love me? Yes, it's so wrong! I don't want to hear you say that you love me because we're both strangers! So while you're at it, stop that foolish feelings of yours! BEcause I'm not the girl who could make you happy, and I'm not worth your time! Stop dreaming, because I will never fall for you!" Eun Jung lied. In truth, she had developed feelings for Taecyeon already. And she turned and headed out the gym's door, leaving Taecyeon to cry alone in the middle of the gym.