Road back to You...

Precious Three Months

Taecyeon boarded the bus unnoticed as he wore a disguise. Sitting on the middle of the bus, he took the seat near the window. He didn't want to be bothered, nor did he want to talk to anyone. He looked outside the window, pondering why such tragedy should befall him and Eun Jung. He had finally managed to make her happy after Juntaro died. He had managed to let her out of her shell. And then, something like this happened.

He slightly lifted his sunglasses to wipe tears. When he found out that he was going to be a father, a certain sense of awakening touched him. He had never felt that feeling when he was still in America. Somehow, something told him that he had finally found his soulmate: Eun Jung. It never occured to him too that she would mother his child. He liked the idea that he would finally be settling down. After all, he's at the right age to marry.

But now that the sole source of joy was dead, he cannot do anything more but to show support to his fiancee. He knew Eun jung had been through a lot of tears already after Juntaro, her obaasan and the baby passed away. There would be no way he'll leave her. Not right now...

***

JYP called his the remaining boys to his office. When Nichkhun saw that Taecyeon wasn't in the room, he asked his boss.

"Mr. President, where's Taecyeon?"

JYP looked at him, then at the other boys. He bade them be seated. He offered a banana to Chan Sung, who declined. So, the CEO just skinned it and took a bite.

"Well..." JYP explained after he swallowed his food. "Taecyeon and Eun Jung, as you may know, were in a relationship. Now, here's what you didn't know. Before you left, Eun Jung was pregnant with Taecyeon."

"MWOH???" The others asked, surprised. Only Nichkhun wasn't surprised, which made Chan Sung wonder. Had Nichkhun been hiding something from them?

"And now...he went back to Cheonsong..because Eun Jung had a miscarriage..."

The guys remained silent. They talked among themselves, wondering how they'll call EUn Jung and tell her  their condolences for the baby. They also hoped that Taecyeon would arrive there safe.

***

Chan Sung grabbed Nichkhun aside when they went out of the room and after the other guys had left. He pulled his friend to a corner where they wouldn't be heard.

"I wonder why you weren't surprise. You knew something about them, didn't you?" Chan Sung asked.

"I am not in the position to tell you that." Nichkhun explained.

"But then, why didn't you react?"

"I never react to anything that doesn't concern me," Nichkhun lied. He knew Taecyeon's many secrets, and he didn't want to divulge it to Chan Sung even if they were members of the same group.

"Jinjja? That's pretty unbelievable, Hyung."

"I won't force you to believe me, Chan Sung-ah. And I'm not the right person to judge Taecyeon either. Whatever he and Noon had done is nothing that concerns me. I don't mind other people's business."

Chan Sung remained silent. He reckoned that's the attitude someone who grew up in the States possessed. So, he shrugged and turned his back on his hyung. Nichkhun smiled. He knew a little about Chan Sung's romance with Hyomin too. And as much as he wanted to tell it to his face, he didn't want to. After all, it still wasn't his business.

***

Taecyeon went down the bus. He was not in the mood to even buy himself a drink, no matter how thirsty he had been. He hurriedly called a man on a motorcycle to bring him to the hospital, saying it was urgent. The man didn't budge, but he demanded he be paid a little sum for his gas, to which Taecyeon agreed. He didn't care if he had to rent a car or something. It was important for him to be with Eun Jung that very day.

Arriving at the emergency room, Taecyeon unloaded on the motorcylce and gave the man a generous amount of money. The man sped away, wondering why his passenger had given him that amount. 

When the lad had reached the nurses' station, he asked the nurse on duty of his fiancee's room number. Being told the number, Taecyeon then hurriedly went to the room. In his chest, he was feeling excited to see her again, but a lingering sadness took over when he opened the door.

Eun Jung was not her usual self, crying silent tears as she looked outside the window. When Mrs Ham saw Taecyeon, she stood up right away and led him near the bed. Taecyeon's tears suddenly came falling. HE wasn't used to seeing his fiancee this depressed. The tough lioness had become weak. But Taecyeon understood. There's nothing sad in this world than losing someone. And he knew Eun Jung had hit rock bottom especially that someone her own flesh and blood had been taken away from her.

Sitting on the bed, he held Eun Jung's hand. The teacher, still in a daze, looked at her lover.

"Eun Jung-ah..."

"Taecyeon-ah.." And Eun Jung went to her fiance's chest and cried her heart out. 

"I know you're not all right..and I was saddened by the loss of our baby too. I didn't know what to do. But I knew I did the right thing to come back here for you," Taecyeon said as he caressed Eun Jung's hair.

"Taecyeon-ah...let's have the baby properly buried. If that's the last memory i'll have of him, I wanted him buried so that I could visit him everyday, even if it snows..."

Taecyeon agreed. He knew that if there's one wound that will leave an indelible scar on him, at least, he'll know where to find that source of his unhappiness.

"I'll go to the lab and ask if I could get the fetus so that we could give it the burial you wished for it. I'll tell Mrs Ham about it too."

***

The next day, Eun Jung was discharged. She, Taecyeon, and her parents, after getting all the necessary paperworks and stuff done, went to the cemetery to have the baby buried. His grave was built beside Michiko-san's. It had been a snowy burial day for them, but Eun Jung didn't mind. And as long as she'll remember, the baby died December 28th...Holy Innocents' Day. Eun Jung chose to remain behind after her parents left, but Taecyeon would not leave her side. He, instead, knelt together with her as he wept over his angel.

An hour after they were at the grave, Eun Jung spoke what's on her mind.

"I'll be returning to school after the winter break. But then, if we're to wed, I might need your number so that we could smooth things out."

"Why don't we start planning today?" Taecyeon asked. He got a hit on the arm.

"How could you be insenstive? Not now, not that I'm still grieving."

Taecyeon nodded. HE wanted to berate himself for being so foolish. "Arrasseo. But JYP told me not to come back right away. I may have to spend a lot of time here again."

Eun Jung looked at Taecyeon. "Did he really say that? WHat made him change his mind?"

"Well.." Taecyeon said. "He was kind of furious when he knew about us. I know our agency doesn't ban dating, but he told me how my fans will receive the news that I made someone pregnant. I told him I'm going to marry you, and I'd care less if fans bash me for taking away their little dreams of me being the object of their fantasies. I already have you, and I'm contented now. I couldn't ask for anything more."

"Go...gomawo...sarameul.." Eun Jung said as she hugged TAecyeon. "You gave me reason to stand back on my feet after a very cruel ordeal. It never occured to me you'd be that person I can lean on when I'm down."

"I'm in love, that's why," Taecyeon said as he returned the hug.

"Why don't we go home now? I bet snow would be bad tonight. We wouldn't want to be caught in here, would we?"

"Ne. I'm feeling tired already. But I feel like I've been reborn. Thanks to you," Eun Jung replied.

 

(Allow me to rant, thank you. Seriously, What's with these advertisements with running cockroaches??? They give me the creeps! Mianhe, subscribers..I'm just disgusted with it..(breathes deeply)..thank you)