Christmas/Farewell/Engagement/Birthday Typar

Precious Three Months

Woo Young cringed when he looked at the calendar. A day after Taecyeon's birthday, the boys will be leaving Cheongsong. Woo Young had already grew fond of the place. He especially liked the Saturday Duty, and he'll be missing the work. Sometimes, he wondered he might be having the wrong carreer.

"Hyung, what will we be having on your birthday?" Woo Young asked without taking his eyes off the calendar. TAecyeon, who was drying his hair as he came out from the bathroom, stopped.

"Geulsse...nan mollayo..."

"Aish, that's no fun. At least we should be having something. Let's also invite Jiyeon, Hwa Young and probably PArk-Ssaem."

"I have to ask Noona about it, though."

"Ask Noona? Wae?"

But Taecyeon didn't answer. He immediately went to his room to get changed.

***

The guys were all seated in the Hams' living room, quiet like children about to hear a scary story. Taecyeon who was seated beside Eun Jung, held her hand, to the amazement of the other guys. Mr and Mrs Ham sat on the big couches. 

"Hyung, what's that about?" Jun Ho asked as he pointed at the couples' hands entwined together.

"Mian..we didn't tell you any sooner...well...Eun Jung-ah and I...are getting married."

"MWOH???????" The other guys asked in unison.

"W..wae? How come we never knew? What's going on here?" Chan Sung asked.

"You don't have to know the reasons, guys. But on Taecyeon's day, we plan on having a Christmas party too, as well as our engagement party and your farewell party," Eun Jung explained as she looked at Nichkhun. The latter didn't seem to budge. At the back of his mind, he knew the reason for the sudden talk about marriage.

"But Taecyeon-ah, I wonder how JPY-ssi would react about this," Jun Su asked.

"I'll tell him everything. I'll explain to him. After all, I was the one responsible for all of you, wasn't I?" Eun Jung asked.

"You better be ready, Noona, because our boss could be a mean guy. I don't know how you'll pacify him," Woo Young said.

"Well, would a basket of bananas change his mind?" Eun Jung asked Woo Young. The other guys snickered. They remembered Jo Kwon's errand that sent them all laughing.

"All right, that's settled. We'll do the party in that day. But we won't buy any alcoholic beverages, arrasseo? And I believe you are to leave at 8am on the 28th," Mr Ham said to the guys.

"Ne," was the unison laconic reply.

"But Noona, can we invite Jiyeon and Hwa Young too?" Nichkhun asked. Eun Jung smiled and nodded.

"Chogiyo...can we also invite Park-Ssaem?" Chan Sung asked. The boys looked at him with teasing glances and smiled.

"Hyomin? Why not?" After all, Hyomin had done Eun Jung a great favor too. It's only a matter of telling Jiyeon and HWa Young about the engagement and telling them to keep their mouths shut after wards.

***

"M..mwoh? Jiyeonnie and I are invited?" HWa Young asked Nichkhun. He found both girls in the park the next day, preparing a small stage for their Christmas caroling gig.

"Ne.."

"Hajiman...wae?" Jiyeon asked.

"Ahh..it's Taecyeon's birthday, and we also are going to have a farewell party for us too...so..."

The two girls looked at each other and then at Nichkhun.

"Arrasseoyo..what time will it start?" Jiyeon asked.

***

"Chan Sung-ah, you scared me! What brings you here early in the morning?" Hyomin asked as she stopped jogging. Chan Sung, who got up a little late and wasn't able to jog with the guys, went jogging at 8AM when he saw Hyomin.

"Ahh...Ssaem..I would just like to invite you for our farewell party on the 27th..."

"O? Ah...Majayo...you'll be leaving a day after, right? And isn't it supposed to be Taecyeon's birthday too?"

"Ne...well...we have another reason to celebrate it too..aside from Christmas party and the activities I told you about."

Hyomin looked at Chan Sung. "Engagement party, right?"

Chan Sung was taken aback. "S..ssaem..how did you know?"

Hyomin sighed and looked at Jibang, who was sitting down and panting while looking at her.

"I'm a psychic," she lied to protect Eun Jung's secret. Chan Sung chuckled.

"Wae?" Hyomin asked, irritated.

"Whoa, ssaem! You are the funniest teacher I have ever met! I didn't know you have two jobs!"

"Forget it, Chan Sung-ah. At least, I kept our secret a secret from Sung Mo Oppa..."

The guy looked at his love thoughtfully. "Neo...do you like me, then?"

"Chan Sung-ah...I do..but only as a fan..."

"Well..it's settled. I guess I can't get you to really notice me anyway. But thanks for protecting me. I will never forget that. Gamsamhamnida."

Hyomin smiled as she crossed her arms across her chest. "You'll find someone better than I am, my boy. Thank you so much too. But please don't forget me as one of your fans...arrasseo?" Her voice suddenly waivered as she tried to fight back her tears.

"Ssaem, gwaenchanhayo?"

"Mian..mianhe...you...you just make me...forget Sung Mo..."

"Wae?"

"Forget I said it. Jibang, gaja.." Hyomin said as she continued jogging while wipping her tears. Chan Sung was left speechless.

"D..did she just lie? She liked me, didn't she?" he asked himself.

***

"Saengil Chukha Hamnida!" The ensemble greeted Taecyeon while be blew the candles on his cake. 

"But farewell to us too!!!!" Woo Young said, feigning tears. Jun Su slapped his back and told him to stop kidding.

"But Ssaem, why are you and Taecyeon Oppa suddenly so close?" Jiyeon said, noticing that Eun Jung had removed an icing from Taecyeon's chin as he accidentally bent a little too close.

"Because we're getting married.."

"Mwoh?" The two girls cupped their mouths in surprise. Then they went to their teacher and hugged her.

"Chukhahaeyo, ssaem!"

"Gomawoyo, Jiyeon, Hwa Young."

Hyomin, who was standing near the door, smiled as she noticed the whole event going on. Hwa Young asked Eun Jung when she and Taecyeon had started to be in a relationship, but Eun Jung just smiled. Hyomin knew why, and she wasn't going to disclose it. She was thinking this to herself she didn't notice Chan Sung standing beside her.

"You seem to be in deep thought, Ms. Psychic."

"Tsk. You are really a punk."

"But you just told me that last week, didn't you?"

Hyomin only looked thoughtfully at Chan Sung and smiled. "Ne. But I knew the real reason. And I'm not going to disclose it to you. Neither am I going to disclose to them about the two of us."

The others were busy singing and joking when Hyomin and Chan Sung decided to go out  to the front porch. It was unusually quiet outside, and Hyomin liked it.

"Honestly, Chan Sung-ah, I tried to lie to myself many times...and I'm not going to lie anymore. I really liked you too..."

Chan Sung smiled.

"But because I'm faithful to Sung Mo Oppa, I kept the feeling to myself. I was always embarrassed every time the students would tease me about you. I doubt if Sung Mo Oppa knew about it. But you made things complicated for me by being his bestfriend. Why, Chan Sung, why?"

"Ssaem, I myself didn't know why. I suddenly grew comfortable around Hyung because we're near the same age bracket. But...but I didn't know you really fell for me. You kept telling me it was a fan love..that's why it hurts me too knowing that my stay here is coming to an end and I really didn't know your true feelings. You kept changing them every time."

Hyomin turned to Chan Sung and held his hand. Then she held his face, looking at his eyes. She tiptoed, bringing her face close to his face, and gave him a kiss on his lips.

"I'm torn between you and Oppa. Please help me forget you..." Hyomin pleaded.

"I will. When I return to Seoul and when we meet, I'll act as if you were just my fan. But deep in my heart, I'll remember that you just had made your love life complicated by kissing me behind your boyfriend. But as it is, because I love you, I'll keep it a secret."

"Chan Sung-ah...gomawo..."

"Saranghae, Hyomin Noona..."