All In A Day's Work

Precious Three Months

Eun Jung came home refreshed after spending an hour at the school gym exercising. She had just entered the door when she saw Jun So and Jun Ho seated on the couch of her living room. Great was her shock that she gave a slight bow of greeting to them, and the two guys greeted her.

"Annyeon hasaeyo, Ham Eun Jung-Seonsaengnim, welcome back."

"Is..my mother here today?"

"Ah..Eun Jung-ah!!! You've arrived! The mayor called me today and asked me to go to his office. I received a call from a certain PArk Jin Young-ssi regarding these boys." Mrs Ham said as she came from the kitchen.

"Geurae? The Principal called me too. He told me Mr. Park wanted to talk to me. I didn't know how these two men came about to know of these guys' whereabouts."

"Well, Seonsaengnim, Taecyeon Hyung asked your mother's permission if we could use your phone, and he told the CEO where we lived. He already had in mind that we come to Cheongsong," Jun Ho explained.

But Eun Jung wasn't happy. She felt that they'd been taking her kindness lightly that the boys started to feel comfortable in her house. She crossed her arms and asked Jun Ho.

"Geurae? I thought you Idols had cellphones with you."

"Well, Seonsaengnim , Park-ssi confiscated all our gadgets. He wanted us to be like in our Hot Blood days were we didn't have a single communication to the outside world."

Eun Jung looked at Jun Su. "Hot Blood..yeah, I remembered that one. Well..welcome to the desert," she said as she headed towards her room. She stopped midway when she saw Taecyeon coming out of the restroom. The guy's eyes opened in shock, but he still managed to greet her before going to the kitchen. Eun Jung's eyes followed Taecyeon, and she looked at her mother.

"Eomma, what are the guys doing here in our house?"

"Well, Woo Young-ah thought it was a good idea that they repay your kindness, so they decided to help me cook dinner. Jun Su-ah and Jun Ho-ah here had just helped me fix our leaking faucet in the bathroom and helped me clean the house. The guys are just so helpful!"

Eun Jung smiled. "Geureum, it's good," she said as she headed upstairs to her room.

***

Dinner was served. The 2PM guys couldn't have been more happy being served with home-cooked meals. Nichkhun told Mrs Ham that he missed meals like this. He liked the environment because it reminded him of their Hot Blood days.

"Eat well, kids. There's food for everybody!"

"We will eat well!"

Now, seated at the head of the table was Mrs Ham.  Eun Jung was seated on the right side her mother. Beside her sat Woo Young and Jun Ho. Jun So sat across Mrs Ham. Seated on Mrs Ham's left and across Eun Jung was Taecyeon. Beside him sat Nichkhun and Chan Sung.  Mr Ham wasn't at table as he doesn't come home till ten .He was working as a news anchor on a local radio station. So, he had no idea they had new lodgers.

Eun Jung ate her soup quietly while the guys were noisy at table, listening to Mrs Ham saying some jokes and stories of old. She didn't notice that Taecyeon was busy looking at her even though he was also trying to listen to the conversation. As if by pure accident, Eun Jung looked up to Taecyeon and caught him unaware. He suddenly blushed and lowered his eyes, pretending to be busy with his food. The teacher didn't like this, so she put down her spoon and called Taecyeon's attention.

"Yah, idol, don't you know it's rude to stare?"

The others were caught off guard because Eun Jung suddenly spoke.

"Ah, Eun Jung-ah, can't you not be pleasant to our guests?"

Eun Jung looked at her mom then looked at the guys.

"Make yourself useful tomorrow. I had been summoned to the principal's office and Mr JYP talked to me about you being here. I made a suggestion that you come to school tomorrow and sit in my class."

Woo Young and Jun So made some noises like school children who were unwilling to join a school activity. But they were cut short because Eun Jung glanced at them like she could cut them into pieces.

"Do we really have to?" Taecyeon managed to speak after feeling embarrassed.

"Ne. You are idols, and you caused trouble to your company even though I know that it wasn't entirely your fault. But as it is, since you were suspended from your activities, you have things to do here. On weekdays, you attend school and take part of may exams. The students are preparing for CSAT and you are not to entertain them when they ask for your autograph. You are students, not idols. Also, you are not to engage in anymore misdemeanors with the students. Otherwise, Mr PArk would make me pay for it. I shall be very strict with you all. Every Saturdays, you are to report to the Senior Police Officer on duty and work as vanguards to local peace and security. You are to be paired with a junior police and do rounds. Only four are needed though, and you have to take turns taking your duties on Saturdays. Two of you will remain and help us maintain your apartments and this house clean, or go to the market and do groceries. On Sundays, you go to Church with us. And I don't want everyone complaining about going to Church. I'm Catholic, so if someone isn't, please let me know so that we could arrange with someone to take you to your church. But if you're Buddhist, let me know too so that we can arrange your schedules. I don't want anyone slacking off here. Arrasseo?"

Silence.

"Arrasseo??"

"Ne, Ham Eun Jung-Seonsaengnim!" The boys bit their lips. Eun Jung was as strict as the military officers they had encountered. She had that aura in her that made them emotionally stressed.

"By the way, Eomma, when Appa comes home, I'll tell him of the situation. I know that the mayor called you about them, but we just cannot let the public go crazy over them. I don't want anybody outside Cheongsong to know of their whereabouts."

"Sure, Eun Jung-ah. We are responsible for our guests, aren't we?"

"Wow, Seonsaengnim really is like Noona to us. She's very caring," Nichkhun commented. But instead of being praised, Eun Jung glared at him.

"You are all to call me noona here. I don't care if some of you are older than me. In school you're to call me seonsaengnim just like anybody else. After we have dinner, I'll be giving you some books to read for you to be able to take part of my lessons tomorrow as I'm teaching world literature. I'll be helping eomma wash the dishes while you study in your apartment. And don't go easy on me tomorrow, because I will really be calling names when I want someone to answer my questions."

"Ne, Noona."

"Eun Jung-ah, you are so strict. Can't you be a little flexible to our visitors?"

"Eomma, I'll be flexible if I want Park-ssi to punish me for not taking care of his talents. I can't go easy on these guys."

***

"Eun Jung Noona is so strict. I wonder if her students cower in fear too," Woo Young said as he began reading the story of Beowulf. The other guys agreed, but Taecyeon begged to differ.

"I think she's just looking for our welfare. Let's just put up with her strict demeanor. I think, in time, we can get to know her real personality. "

"Ehhh...it's because you like her..." Nichkhun divulged his secret. The other guys became curious and asked him what he found in Eun Jung.

"Don't tell me you've fallen in love with your future teacher," Woo Young teased his hyung.

Taecyeon smiled. "It was love at first sight this morning. But she's just to hard to get. Every time I caught a glimpse of her, wishing that she'd smile too, she only glances back with a stoic face or like what you've noticed during mealtime."

"Whoa, hyung, was that you she called 'idol'? I can't believe she didn't know our names!" piped in Jun Ho.

"I guess she's that kind of person who doesn't have a life," Chan Sung answered.

"Well, if she lives in Seoul, i bet she could be wild just like the other girls we know. Heck, she even is pretty enough to become an actress herself!" Nichkhun commented.

"Let's just study, ara? We don't want to embarrass ourselves in front of her students," Taecyeon said as he also opened his book and began studying.

***

Eun Jung felt sleepy, yet she had to continue making her notes for her next lecture. Frustrated, she stood up and began to do some stretching. She opened the door to her balcony, where she did some more leg stretching. Leaning on the balcony's arm rest, she began gazing up the dark country stars and was lost in thought. Her eyes lazily scanned the few lamp posts lighting the streets, looking for signs of life or even looking for her appa to come home. It's ten in the evening, yet his car hasn't arrived yet.

Meanwhile, Taecyeon went to his balcony to give his mind time to register about Beowulf. As Nichkhun was reading in the hallway leading to the other rooms, so Taecyeon had the room for himself. Going out of the balcony, he looked up to the stars in the sky. He'd never seen the stars so clear as in Seuol, they became hazy due to pollution. Suddenly, his eyes happen to rest on Eun Jung...and on her cleavage. Eun Jung was wearing a thin-strapped night shirt. It had a plunging neckline, but as she rested her hand on the armrest, she didn't realize that her cleavage was showing. Taecyeon felt himself blushing. He'd had his share of looking at a woman's anatomy, yet looking at his teacher here, he became embarrassed. He liked her, and he wanted to know about her. Yet, so as not to disgrace her, he decided to call her attention.

"Annyeong hasaeyo, noona."

Eun Jung, who didn't realize that Taecyeon had been across the balcony from her, awoke from her reverie and looked at him too.

"O..annyeong."

"Noona..mianhe...but..." And Taecyeon began to point to Eun Jung's chest. Eun Jung at first didn't understand what he meant, until she looked at her chest and realized that she was partly exposed. She instantly stood up straight so that Taecyeon would have nothing to feast his eyes on.

"Mianhe, Noona...I didn't mean to stare...I just happened to notice it, so I called you."

"Gamsahamnida. By the way, what are you doing here outside?"

"Well, I was trying to register Beowulf into my mind. It's been years ago since I last encountered his epic when I was still studying in America."

"Forgive me if i may had been rude to you at dinner time, but I really don't know your names and all."

"I'm Ok Taecyeon. I'll introduce you to my co-members tomorrow morning before heading to school."

"Ah...Taecyeon it is. By the way, who is Chan Sung?"

"Hwang Chan Sung? Wae?"

"Well, please tell him to be discreet in school. You guys had a lot of fans. And one of his fans is my co-teacher."

Taecyeon laughed at the thought of a teacher idolizing 2PM.

"What's so funny, Taecyeon-ah?"

"Well, maam, I can't really imagine having teachers as fans, but thank you very much."

"Why are you thanking me? I'm not even a fan of yours or of your co-members."

Taecyeon blinked. "Mwoeyo?"

"I have no time for such absurdities. As it is, I consider myself a very boring person. I'm past that stage already. Fin KL was the last group I adored so much. Anything else after that, I regard with scorn. I'm an adult now, not a high school student."

Taecyeon felt as if a knife had been stabbed to his heart. Here in front of him was one who never even bothered of knowing anything in the music industry anymore. When he first saw her, he became her secret fan. Yet, he was shocked to know that she wasn't crazy about him or anyone.

"Well...i'd better get back to work. Appa's not yet here. I'm going to tell him about you guys when he comes home. By the way, tell everyone that we'll be leaving at seven tomorrow morning. School starts at 7:30AM. So you have to wake up early and cook for yourselves. Now, get back to your room and study. Good night Taecyeon." Eun Jung said as she returned to her room and closed her door. Taecyeon sighed as he returned to his room too, taking his last glimpse of her for the night before closing the door behind him.