Closing in on you

Precious Three Months

A month had passed and Chan Sung was suddenly feeling excited to be back to the outside world. He kept glancing at the calendar, slashing each day as December dawned. It would be winter, and it would be snowing every other day. Chan Sung loved snow, and he was very giddy. Suddenly, looking at his math notebook, he began to stop. Park-Seonsaengnim. He remembered that day when she was walking Jibang by the lake. She had mentioned to Eun Jung about her yeoja Sung Mo. Moreover, Sung Mo had started teaching basketball to the highschool kids, and Chan Sung had started playing too. What's worse is that Sung Mo and CHan Sung had already became friends. The latter had already fallen in love with his teacher, yet, he cannot betray his hyung. And as he was flattered that Hyomin had a fan crush on him, it will only end till there. For Hyomin is very much in love with Sung Mo.

One Friday lunch time, Chan Sung was at the rooftop eating his lunch alone when Hyomin came, looking for him. She handed him pieces of paper that the principal had told her to give to the 2PM guys.

"Well, I was told that you're going to end school once winter break starts. Here are your clearances. Principal had me hand them to you earlier because he'll be gone for a month. The teachers had started computing your grades already. Your evaluation will be ready anytime before school's out. By the way, why are you eating here alone by yourself?"

Chan Sung sighed as he looked the clearances. Then he looked at Hyomin.

"Well, Ssaem, I just feel lik it. It's December already. How time flies..."

"You're going back to your hectic schedule. Are you happy to finally be out of here?" Hyomin asked as she tried her best to squat even if she was wearing a pencil-cut skirt.

"I am very excited to perform again, to go to TV guestings...but I will miss my little vacation here. And I will miss that lady who managed to capture my heart."

Hyomin was curious. She looked at Chan Sung and rested her hands on her arms with her harm resting on her knees.

"Geurae? Do I know her?"

"Well, actually, you do...I liked her, yet she already has a boyfriend. The worse thing is that I'm friends with her boyfriend."

Hyomin raised her eyebrows. "Wow, that's kind of complicated. I'm sure the girl would be flattered to know that, but the guy wouldn't be happy."

"That's the probelm there. I guess mine is just a crush. And I'll forget her once I leave this place." Chan Sung said as he shove a piece of carrot to his mouth.

"Hmmm...aren't you gonna tell her how you feel?" Hyomin said. She had just eaten her lunch too, but seeing Chan Sung's food made her feel hungry again.

"I would if I could. I was always cajoled because of her. Because she kept calling me everytime in class. I've never been done that with the other teachers."

Hyomin swallowed hard.

"You don't mean me, do you?"

"What do you think, Ssaem?"

"Well, I do admit I liked you too, Chan Sung-ah..but only as a fan."

"Ssaem, I heard someone said you said you wanted me to ask you out and be your yeoja. Is that true?"

"Chan Sung-ah, I thought you already knew that fans love you but not the kind of love one has for an ordinary being."

"So...you mean...all you said were lies?" Chan Sung was disappointed.

"Aish, you punk. Did I ever say I lied? Of course, I admit said those kind of things, but fans say kinds of crazy things. At the end of the day, you know who we go home too. Mianhe, CHan Sung-ah, I didn't mean to put your hopes up high. I know that you may have someone waiting for you too once you return to Seoul."

"I must have assumed to much too. But, Ssaem, can you do me a favor?"

"Neh, mwoyeo?"

"Please don't get angry at me if I tell you I've fallen for you too..even when I know it's wrong."

Hyomin blinked. She didn't see this coming, and she didn't expect this.

"I...how can I be angry? A fan would never get angry at the person she admires the most. I myself would admit what you felt for me is wrong, but then, you're still a guy who fell for the wrong girl."

"Ssaem...can I kiss you?"

"Eh?" Hyomin was shocked. Moreover, when Chan Sung moved closer, she wasn't able to move. Chan SUng saw his chance. Holding Hyomin's face, he leaned in closer. He pressed his lips to hers, letting it stay for a few seconds. Then, he withdrew the kiss to look at her.

"If I can have a memory of a forbidden love, I'd say this is it. I'd treasure it with me, knowing that you'll never love me back. Mianhe...Hyomin Noona..."

"Chan Sung-ah..." Hyomin was in a daze, searching through CHan Sung's eyes. But then, he stood up, giving her his hand.

"I felt relieved now knowing you knew what I thought about you. Gaja."