Journal of Love

Precious Three Months

The Ham family waited outside their house as they watched the 2PM guys carrying their things on board a bus JYP sent for them. Before they completely set off, the guys formed a straight line in front of their former landlords.

"We were very much indebted to you. Gamsahamnida," was their unison replies.

"You're very much welcome to come back here again when your schedules permit you," Mrs Ham said.

"Ne. We'll visit the school too and the police station. And we'll go fishing in the lake sometime, right, Noona?" Nichkhun asked Eun Jung.

"Of course, you will. By the way, I suggest you bring apples with you too. These are the best here in Korea. The boxes are inside the living room."

"Ne!" So Woo Young, Jun Su, Jun Ho, and Chan Sung went to fetch their gifts.

"One of the boxes is for JYP-ssi. I had the bananas and apples I promised to give him," Eun Jung instructed to the guys.

"I'm sure he'll frolick and goof around once he'll taste the bananas," Woo Young commented, to the amusement of the others.

A few minutes later, the guys went on the bus. BEfore Taecyeon could even get on the bus, Eun Jung pulled him.

"Please don't forget me, arrasseo?"

"How could I forget you? You were the best thing that happened to me," TAecyeon said as he gave Eun Jung a kiss on her lips. The guys who saw it began teasing them again.

"Please keep this too," Eun Jung said as she handed Taecyeon a dark blue planner.

"Mwoeyo?"

"Just..keep it...and here's another one. Please give this notebook to JPY-ssi." The notebook was colored yellow with pink horizontal lines. On the front page was a drawing of a monkey on top of a coconut tree, eating a banana, his smile from ear to ear. Taecyeon snickered as he looked at the notebook and then at Eun Jung.

"I wonder how he'll perceive this."

"Molla. I don't care, as long as I gave him my explanation about us."

***

An hour after they left Cheonseong, the guys became drowsy. Nichkhun was no longer interested talking to Taecyeon as he got seasick, so he closed his eyes. TAecyeon, seeing that his friend was asleep, opened his bag and took out the planner. He scanned the first page, surprised to see Eun Jung's self-portrait on the top portion of the page, and TAecyeon's face at the bottom portion. On the sides were the faces of the other guys. In the middle of the page was the title 'Yours and Mine: Precious Three Months with You'.

Browsing through the pages, Taecyeon saw through EUn Jung's thoughts what she planned to do with the boys, how she was supposed to bring them straight so that there would be no controversies, the activities she planned for them, and her conversations with JYP. She also mentioned the characteristics of the guys. Taecyeon smiled. Eun Jung was as sharp as a knife when she described them all.   

Each page had been written with something that may had either been uneventful or exciting. When Taecyeon went to the page were he finally knew who Juntaro was to Eun Jung, he began to feel giddy. The page that followed became even more as Eun Jung narrated her first time with Taecyeon. Then the rendezvous that night had been exquisitely described, word for word, as if the feelings had came to life. A few pages after, she recounted their lovemaking at the gazebo. And came her pregnancy, the revelation to her parents, and the engagement party just last night.

Taecyeon couldn't help but smile and shed a tear at the same time. On the last entry, Eun Jung had written her little love letter:

Lover,

They said that sometimes, no matter how you plan your life, twists always weave their ways around. Whatever it is that you had done for me, I cannot help but say thank you. You helped break the prejudices I had build regarding you. I never thought you'd open my eyes again to see you. I never thought you'd snatch my heart to feel and love you. You were the best thing that had happened to me. Though I still loved Juntaro, but the past was the past; I cannot bring him back. Here you are, my present, and hopefully, my future. Juntaro made me need him. You made me want and need you.Each day, I woke up I smile as I saw the sun. I knew I'd be seeing you in class even though I was still your teacher. And each night, I saw you in my dreams. And now that we're about to be bound by marriage and our baby, I cannot hide the happiness inside me. I pray I'll be seeing you on January. See you soon, sarameul.

-Eun Jung-