Moonlight conversations

Precious Three Months

Taecyeon's insomnia set in again, and he was becoming frustrated. He got up from bed and decided to go out of the house to clear his mind. Sleeping in the living room was Chan Sung, who was snoring like an ajeossi. Taecyeon put on his jacket and his shoes and went outside, taking care not to wake his colleague. He decided to sit on the benches across the apartment. He was thinking of the event that had happened that afternoon when he confessed to Eun Jung his feelings. 

The door across his apartment opened, and Eun Jung came out. When she saw Taecyeon, she decided to sit beside him, leaving a small space between them. Eun Jung then looked at Taecyeon.

"How have you been?" she asked. Her voice was calm, not the teacherly voice she usually displays to everybody.

"Can you guess?"

"Are you still hurting?"

"Can you tell?"

"Please Taecyeon-ah, don't be like that."

Taecyeon looked at Eun Jung. "How can you say that to me when you never even consider my feelings for you?"

"Mianhe..but I guess you still do not know me."

"Oh, yes, I do know. You are one selfish who wants to humiliate everyone in front of everybody, the self-righteous lioness who claims she wanted what's the best for her students and for us guys. You are one boring old maid who does nothing in life but teach. You are not even worth dating because you rarely smile and you are so sarcastic! Need I say more?"

"You can rant all you want..they are true anyway...you are one frank guy..."

Taecyeon combed his hair with is fingers. "How can you not feel insulted? How can you act like you don't care at all?"

"I do care. But that's your opinion of me, and it doesn't matter. I already instilled that in me eversince not to let opinions sway my own person. Think all you want, because what you see is just the tip of an iceberg."

"Yeah right..an iceberg...I've been told that once, you never even go to your parents to ask for advice...nor did they hear your obaasan tell them that you were hurting. Why? Who do you tell it to? To Juntaro?"

Eun Jung looked at the sky. "My..my..my...it seems you are more like my parents' son now. No, Juntaro never learned any sad thing about me. I always keep things to myself."

"You're insane, Eun Jung-ah..insane !"

"You could say that again. But I'm sorry I don't stoop to your level. People who curse are in no way acceptable to me."

The guy stood up and walked a little further, kicking the ground in frustration.

"What do I have to do to please you?"

"You just be a good boy, Taecyeon-ah. Study your lessons, obey JYP, and obey my parents."

"That's not what I meant! How can I make you happy...as a man?"

EUn Jung stood up and went to TAecyeon. "Are you that desperate? I am not some who wanted happiness every night from every man she meets."

"You are not a ."

"And neither are you a man."

"What?" Frustration can be heard from Taecyeon's voce. "Are you trying to play games with me?"

"Ani. I'm just trying to give you an in-your-face piece of my mind. You can't sway me, Taecyeon."

"Why can't I? I've been doing what you wanted. What else can I do?"

"Don't be frustrated. You'll find in time that I'm not the woman for you."

"Are you afraid that I'll forget you once I return to work?"

Eun Jung looked at him in shock. Somehow, she remembered Juntaro's words in her dream just a few minutes ago.

"Noona...gwaenchanha?"

Tears began to fall from Eun Jung's eyes. She looked at TAecyeon like the way she looked at Juntaro.

"Please..please don't love me..." she pleaded. Taecyeon went to her and held her shoulders.

"Give me a reason not to love you."

"Because...because..."

"Wae?"

"Taecyeon-ah..I'm still in love with someone else..."

"You...you're in love..with whom? How come your parents never knew?"

"I can't say it..I just can't..."

"Why can't you?" Taecyeon was already nearing Eun Jung, like he wanted her hug her as he said that.

"Because...I'm involved in a forbidden kind of love..."