Like the Pages of a Book that you read...

Precious Three Months

A month passed and the guys had started to gain weight. They had not jogged eversince they came to Cheongsong, and they felt like they would not look good once they resume their work. So one Friday evening, Nichkhun told Eun Jung that the guys decided to jog every evening so that they'll stay in shape. Eun Jung was reading her book in the living room when Nichkhun told her a piece of his mind.

"Good decision, but I have to ask you: where are you going to jog?"

"Eh...We want to go up to the hills so that we could get some fresh air and work our lungs out."

Eun Jung looked at Nichkhun a few good seconds. "Okay. But I need to chaperon you as to where you're supposed to jog because the people might go crazy. AS it is, I'm not to let you pass the cemetery as it might be disrespectful to the dead. When shall you start? Will tomorrow a 6AM be all right?"

Nichkhun's face lit up. Then he bowed and thanked profusely then ran  back to the apartment. He was about to open the door when Woo Young opened the door  too, prompting Nichkhun to fall face first unto Woo Young, who fell on his back. As their faces were just a few inches away from each other, they looked at each other in shock as they simultaneously shouted in disgust. The others who saw them laughed.

"BROMANCE!" Jun Ho shouted.

"Ewwww!!! Don't you bromance me!" Woo Young said as he stood up and wiped the dust off his shirt. Nichkhun gave a death glare to Jun Ho too.

"BUT THAT WAS FUNNY!" Chan Sung said, laughing as he was holding his belly. Taecyeon and Jun Su were amused.

Suddenly, Eun Jung was at their door.

"Yah, you're noise reached the living room next door. What's the matter? Were you guys doing something foolish?"

Chan Sung narrated to Eun Jung what had happened. Suddenly, Eun Jung tried her best to stiffle her laugh. The 2PM guys save for Chan Sung and Taecyeon were shocked.

"Oh? So Noona knows how to laugh too?" Nichkhun asked.

Eun Jung couldn't contain herself any longer, so she laughed as she could. She was tearing up a bit that when her laughter died down, she dried them with her fingers.

"Jeongmal? I never knew you guys could be this close!" She said as she made the 'close' sign.

"Aniya, noona! That was just pure accident!" Woo Young defended himself. 

Then Eun Jung finally turned serious. "Anyway, Nichkhun-ah told me you guys were gaining weight, so you wanted to jog so that you'll lose the extra pounds, right? Well, every weekends before our obligations, why don't we jog at 6 in the morning? I'll be leading you to the hill Taecyeon and I had jogged once. On weekdays, we'll jog after school, and still on the same hills. I'll be postponing my dance exercise to give way to your training. How's that?"

The guys cheered. Finally, the beer bellies will be eliminated (A/N: no, they're not allowed to drink beer, I just coined that term for them). 

 

***

 

The next day, the guys were up and about a little before six as they were excited to jog again just like during their Hot Blood days, except that they weren't allowed by Eun Jung to jog around shirtless. She was waiting for them outside the apartment, wearing a racerback sleeveless shirt and shorts. The guys began to drool again looking at her flawless legs. But she gave them a death glare and warned them that she's not nice as she looks.

"Just so you know, I have a black belt in taekwondo."

"Ohhhh...Jinjja???" They asked, amazed. No wonder guys were afraid asking her out. She's like Wonder Woman.

The crowd started jogging till they reached a hill near the market. Eun Jung smiled as she looked at the vendors starting to get busy so early in the morning. The guys chanted a song like how they did back in the old days as trainees. When they reached the top of the hill, they all did shibashi, as Eun Jung taught them how. After the shibasi, she taught them a Korean folk song and a folk dance, which they would do as part of their exercise. 

"You are always singing to the modern tune that you forget your heritage. Let's make it a point to do a Korean folk dance."

After fifteen minutes of singing and dancing, they started to heat up again. Then they jogged back home, chanting as they moved along.