Bus Stopped

Precious Three Months

Eun Jung bid her eommonie goodbye as she headed for school. As she had no bicycce, she decided to walk. She kept repeating to herself to buy a bicycle so that she wouldn't have to walk, especially now that the rainy season had arrived.

She was musing over these thoughts she didn't notice a bus slowly wheeling beside her and came to a stop. Eun Jung stopped on her tracks and looked at Nichkhun who disembarked from the bus. The lad greeted her as Eun Jung returned the greeting.

"Ah..I just would like to ask if you have any cheap motels around here, or any room of that kind?"

Eun Jung blinked her eyes and looked at the other passengers in the bus. 

"Well, yes there is," she said as she got a piece of paper from her bag and began jotting down something.

"This one is the best we have, but I don't know what you mean what you call cheap. If you turn your bus around, it's at the second intersection. You take a right turn, and on the third street, there's a house with a yellow roof. Knock on that person's door and ask her about her terms and conditions about her apartment. Tell the landlady that her daughter sent you over to her for help."

Nichkhun smiled. "Jinjja? Oh, you are so kind, we are indebted to your kindness, miss..."

"Ham Eun Jung. That's my name and I'm a schoolteacher too. Now, I got to go. Classes would start in fifteen minutes."

But Nichkhun shook his head."Aniya, we'll take you there. We are very thankful to you for being so kind. Please ride on the bus," He said hopefully as Eun Jung nodded and embarked on the bus. Nichkhun told the driver to head for the school where Eun Jung works as the teacher gave the directions.

"Help yourself, Ham-Seonsaengnim," Nichkhun said.

Eun Jung looked around and saw that the guys greeted her amiably. She suddenly caught Taecyeon looking at her, to which she looked the other way and looked for a seat. She decided to sit beside Woo Young.

***

Eun Jung thanked everybody for giving her a ride to school. When she headed towards the gate, she saw Hyomin greeting her.

"Who owned that bus? WHy were you riding on that one?"

"Well, some kids from Seoul probably were looking for a cheap apartment. But I recommended them my eomma's apartment because I didn't know their standards. As a way of thanking them, they gave me a ride."

"Ohhh..you're so lucky! I wish I could have that kind of luck too!"

Eun Jung smiled as she continued to walk. Suddenly, she stopped and looked at Hyomin. The latter too stopped and looked quizzically at Eun Jung's stoic face.

"Wae?"

"I didn't realize it till I saw you. Come to think of it, the passengers from the bus were the guys from 2PM."

"WHATTTTT????" Hyomin reacted violently. She turned around to catch the bus, but Eun Jung grabbed her arm.

"It's no use, PArk-Seonsaengnim, the bus already left. Let's go to school anyway," Eun Jung said as she walked towards the school doors, leaving Hyomin to whine like a puppy.

 

***

"Anneyong hasaeyo," the 2PM guys greeted Eun Jung's mother. The landlady bade them be seated and pushed a basket of apples in front of them.

"Apples..these are this county's special products. Have some."

The guys got their share of the fruits. Then Teacyeon began to speak in behalf of his friends.

"We would like to ask if you have any spacious rooms we could live in for three months?"

"Oh, yes I do. There's an apartment next to my house. It has three bed rooms, a bathroom and restroom, a fully furnished living room and kitchen. It costs, W390000 a month, and there's one month deposit of W200000. Water, gas and electricity are included."

Chan Sung opened his wallet as he was appointed the group's finance officer. "Arrasseo..we'll take the apartment."

Then, Ham-ssi got her papers for Chan Sung to fill out. "By the way, how did you manage to come here to Cheonsong? And who sent you her over to my apartment?"

Woo Young answered. "Well, we met your daughter Ham Eun Jung-Seonsaengnim and we asked her about cheap lodging houses. SHe told us to look for you and tell you she sent us here to you."

"Geurae? It's good! My daughter really is business minded! Haha! Not that she was advertising it anyway to gain profit, but local business first!" Ham-ssi laughed again. Then Chan Sung gave her the payment and he was handed a written receipt. After the meeting, they were ushered to the apartment next to Ham-ssi's house.

***

"Well, it's pretty decent," Taecyeon said as he jumped to bed. He and Nichkhun shared a room. Chan Sung and Woo Young were roommates, Jun Su and Jun Ho had their room too.

"We must be very lucky to be placed in this place. But I don't think I can live in solitude for three months!" Nichkhun said as he took off his sock.

"But that teacher...is just so pretty," Taecyeon murmured as he looked up the ceiling. His room mate heard this and began to tease his namdongsaeng.

"Ahhhhhhh....Taecyeon-ah's in love with Ham Eun Jung-Seonsaengnim! Well, lucky you, because she's going to be our neighbor!"

"But she looks kind of stiff and strict. I wonder if she's got a boyfriend or something."

"Well...let's befriend her! MAybe you can get some clues and you can woo her!"

"YEah right," was Taecyeon's reply before he closed his eyes to sleep.