The long wait is over

Precious Three Months

Eun Jung felt calm even when the other teachers were in a panic. After all, today was the day the third year hishchool students would be taking their CSAT. Eun Jung saw Jiyeon coming towards the classroom, calm as a sheep. She called her student to her.

"Are you ready, Jiyeon?"

"Ne. And I'll make it to the top just like you and Jin Woon Oppa were able to do."

"Oh? So Jin Woon had also topped the CSAT in highschool?"

"Ne.." Jiyeon said, blushing. Eun Jung noticed the blush and smiled.

"Go for it. After all, I believe you and Jin WOon are already in a relationship, and I guess you wanted to impress him too."

"Ani. I didn't plan to impress him. I didn't want to impress you either. All I wanted is to be just like you, Ssaem. I wanted to make myself proud for all the hard work I've done till now."

Eun Jung smiled. She could see herself in Jiyeon when she was still in highschool too. So, she dismissed her student and she went to the next classroom.

***

A few days after the exam, Taecyeon was browsing the web for a good eye doctor. HE wanted to serve the military, and he wanted to have his eyes checked. Suddenly, he caught sight of the news of the CSAT's result. Browsing over to the news, he began to search for the first place. He was very surprised to see Jiyeon bagging the first spot. Little Eun Jung's hard work did pay off. So, he called Eun Jung and informed her of the good news.

"Ne. I've already seen it early this morning. And I called up Jiyeon and informed her. The girl is in the hospital after suffering from dyspnea and arrhythmia. Her parents couldn't believe that their daughter made her threat into a reality."

"Threat?"

"Ne. When her parents found out that she was dating Jin Woon, they were very angry. She should just have focused on her studies than just date, they said. They even managed to ground her by getting her cellphone so that Jin Woon could not call her. However, Jiyeon was very shrewd. She had managed to befriend him on Facebook. Her parents didn't know she had Facebook. So that's how they constantly communicate. Mr and Mrs Park even said they'll not support Jiyeon with her tuition fees in college. But Jiyeon came prepared. In the school where she enrolled, it had a scholarship program. She enrolled in the program too, but she was willing to work in the school in exchange for her tuition fees. Now, when her parents knew about this, they were enraged. Jiyeon made a bet that if she tops the CSAT, she'll get her cellphone back. Now that she made it to the top, her parents were very much surprised. They guessed that Jiyeon must really be in love with Jin Woon for her to want her cellphone back badly. But they didn't comment about her scholarship. After all, they said she's already grown up and ready to stand on her feet. Besides, her cousin Boram's parents had allowed her to stay with them, but Jiyeon said that she needed to look for another work so that she can help pay the bills."

Taecyeon laughed. "That girl is very much like you, Eun Jung-ah."

"She said she wanted to top the exam because she wanted to be like me. I don't know what about me she wanted to follow. But i guess it's just my fighting spirit she wanted to emulate."

"Right... So, now what? When are you transferring here?"

"Good question. I had just been accepted in the same school Jiyeon will be studying."

"Mwoh? Well...chukahae!"

Eun Jung smiled. "I told her a few days ago that if ever she needs help, she'd just ask me. After all, I now start to see her as my yeodongsaeng."

"Wow, Eun jung-ah, I can't believe of the good fortune we'd been receiving this year."

"I could say they're countless blessings. I had my many years of pain. So I deserve these little gifts of happiness too, don't I?"

"Yes, you do, my dear wife. And by the way, call me when you arrive. I'll be waiting for you."

"Arrasseo."

***

A few weeks later, Eun Jung and Jiyeon headed for Seoul. They arrived a little after 2 in the afternoon. Taecyeon and Woo Young were waiting for them at the bus station. The two guys helped the ladies with their baggage.

"Taecyeon Oppa, is it okay if you could drop me off at this address?" Jiyeon said as she showed him Boram's address.

"Sure. But let's have lunch first." TAecyeon suggested.

"Hyung, I guess you should had tagged Jin Woon here."

"Woo Young, 2AM are in Japan right now. How could I pull Jin Woon here to fetch Jiyeon?"

Woo Young smiled sheepishly. Jiyeon could only laugh.

"It's all right. I guess I 'll have to surpise Jin Woon Oppa once they returned from Japan."

"That's a good idea, Jiyeonnie," Woo Young said.

***

That evening, Taecyeon toured Eun Jung around some parts of the city. Eun Jung said she wasn't a total stranger to Seoul but she wasn't familiar with some of the places either. 

"Can we just go home, honey? I'm tired."

"Okay. I'll give a call to JYP that I'm sleeping at our house instead at the dorm."

"Well, wouldn't it be hard for you if you're going to have practice and you have to leave early?"

"Why would it matter? I just bought me a car that would take me to and from work. And not that the house is far from JYP either. For now, I just wanted to spend our night after so many months of not being together as husband and wife. I can't wait to go home either and...you know..."

Eun Jung looked at Taecyeon and saw that naughty look in his eyes. "I know what you mean."

"Do you want to?"

"Of course, I do! It's been months and I'm starting to look for it again."

"I know you'd miss doing that with me. Shall we go home now?"

"Sure...by the way.." Eun Jung said as she suddenly stopped walking.

"What?" Taecyeon asked. He was surprised when Eun Jung moved forward and gave him a full kiss on his lips. Taecyeon returned the gesture, unmindful that they were doing it in public.

"Saranghe, sarameul," Eun Jung crooned.

"I love you, Eun Jung..." Taecyeon answered.

 

 

 

-fin-