Chapter 2

Duet

chapter2.jpg

 

 

“Tiffany-ssi, please do try to make this easier for all of us.”

Tiffany pouted and shook her head slightly, “Do I really have to be this close to him. I’ve seen Hyoyeon’s and Youngbae’s dance and they never get this close to each other”

The choreographer let out an exasperated sigh, “Tiffany-ssi, you must understand that is their dance and this is yours. They have completely different feeling, different tempos”

SeungHyun watched amused from the back of the practice room. It had been three days since their leaders had told them that they would have to be doing the duet together. And it seemed while SeungHyun had learnt to live with the idea his partner was having a harder time.

“No please? Pretty please? Can we not change the choreography? What about me and him just singing, on different sides of the stage. Like I did with K Will Oppa”

The man in front of her shook his head, “I'm sorry Tiffany-ssi but the coordinators made it very clear of what is expected from each of the performances. Which means you will have to move closer to SeungHyun-ssi “

With one last defeated look towards the choreographer Tiffany finally gave in dropping her head and moving back towards the centre of the practice room. SeungHyun followed suit, watching as the girl in front of him moved into position.

“You done with your tantrum Princess?” He asked, his voice dripping with sarcasm. Tiffany made a small noise before breathing in deeply and letting it out in one long breath.

“And what’s that supposed to be?” SeungHyun asked from behind her, a smirk playing on his lips.

Tiffany turned to face the man, a frown on her face, “that is me trying not to turn around and slap you all the way to America. Now if you are done with your childish actions, can we get back to practice?” She gestured to the choreographer who was watching the two, worry obvious in his face. In all his years of choreographing for idol groups he had never come across a pair like the two in front of him and he knew exactly what their dance would be based around.

Clapping his hands together the choreographer addressed the two idols in front of him, “Alright then. The concept of your duet will be a battle between two lovers. You’ll portray a passionate fighting couple while expressing your love for one another, you’ll both be part of a passionate and close contact dance.” Proud of his spontaneous idea the choreographer smiled to himself. However the pair in front of him had very different ideas.

Tiffany let out a nervous laugh; “I'm sorry did you just say close contact?” the chorographer smiled and nodded.

SeungHyun interrupted next one of his eyebrows raised at the man in front of them, “And did you just say we’ll be doing a passionate dance?” with another nod from the man in front of them, the two idols burst out into laughter, Tiffany wiping the side of her eyes while SeungHyun held his stomach.

“That woman wouldn’t be able to portray passion if it was hammered into her. Have you seen her dance?”

“This guy has probably never touched a woman in his life! And you want me to be in close contact with him?”

The two idols heads snapped towards each other as they overlapped in their witty remarks about each other and with two heated glares they stared each other down.

“I thought we’d established that I dance just as well as you do!”

“And I’ll have you know that I have touched many wom-“

“Alright! Both of you!” The choreographer shouted, effectively interrupting the heated verbal battle between the two, “If either one of you have a problem with the performance then you take it up with your presidents!”

There was a beat of silence as the two bowed their heads and chorused an apology together. If there was something neither one would be crazy enough to do would be to complain to their presidents, no matter how much they might dislike each other.  They could voice their complaints to their members, would take it up with their leaders. Hell they would even go as far as attempting to beg to their managers to see if they could do something, anything about it. But taking it up with their presidents was like standing in front of Jessica when she was in one of her shopping spree moods or standing in front of Seungri when he was doing his daily boxing sessions. It wouldn’t be pleasant and the only ones who had a possibility of getting hurt were themselves.

The choreographer smiled and clapped his hands together, “Right then shall we try this again? To the starting positions please”

With two groans the idols moved to their starting positions, still firmly holding a dislike for the person standing across them, and each other.  Both refused to look at each other as they moved through the steps, their bodies moving automatically with the music.

Passionate it was not.  Much to the displeasure of the choreographer.

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

“I don’t want to do it girls! I refuse to!”

Taeyeon rolled her eyes, much like the rest of the girls sat around the living room of their dorm. Seohyun and Sooyoung where laid on their tummies on the floor very involved into the board game laid in front of them. Sunny, Jessica and Yuri where sat on the sofa, various magazines in their hands.  Hyoyeon and Yoona were sat leaning against the sofa, Hyoyeon’s eyes glued to the TV while Yoona played around with her hair, creating intricate plaits into the blonde locks.

Tiffany huffed as she closed the door with a loud bang behind her, dropping her bag onto the floor on her way in. 

“That…That man is the most annoying thing on the face of this earth!” Tiffany huffed again, crossing her arms as she sat on the side arm of the sofa. Yuri looked up at the girl, a smile on her face.

“What’s wrong Fany-ah?”

Tiffany frowned at her, “What’s wrong is that I have to perform with the only guy in K-Pop that I hold a very great dislike for!”

Yoona looked up from Hyoyeon’s hair, “Come on Unnie, I'm sure SeungHyun Oppa is perfectly fine. You’re probably just over reacting.”

“He’s just teasing you Tiff, and you do the same thing back” Jessica piped in.

Sunny giggled, “You know what they say, there’s a thin line between love and hate Fany”

“But come on! I can’t be the only one that found him unbearable!” Tiffany asked, her tone pleading. It couldn’t just be her right?

Taeyeon smiled, “Actually Fany it is. He’s a perfect gentleman to the rest of us”

“SeungHyun Oppa was really nice actually; he came round when Youngbae Oppa and I were rehearsing. Brought food and everything” Hyoyeon spoke from her spot on the floor.

Sunny and Jessica giggled wiggling their eyebrows, “Oh how cute it seems someone has a crush!”

Tiffany rolled her eyes, “Trust me that guy does not have a crush on me, if anything he probably hates me as much as I hate him. He’s annoying and I don’t want to dance with him!”

Taeyeon smiled in a very motherly way, “Fany-ah, you’ve got no choice so I suggest you both try to get along”

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

SeungHyun let out a long sigh as he dropped his duffle bag onto the floor of his house. There was one thing he enjoyed about being the eldest in Big Bang was that unlike the rest of s he had been given permission to move out of the dorms and had promptly moved into his own house near the outskirts of Seoul. It was close enough to the YG building and the YG dorms that he never really had to worry about being late.

Unfortunately what he did have to put up with was the surprise visits from his loved, but annoying members.  He never really understood why he gave each one of them a spare key.

Seungri and Daesung were busy playing on his Xbox the sounds of gunfire and screaming echoing through the rooms. Jiyong was sat at his grand piano playing a new song, probably one of his compositions, and Youngbae was lying across his leather sofa headphones over his ears, his head bobbing to the music. It almost seemed that the four didn’t have their own dorms to go back to.

“I'm glad you lot are having fun” SeungHyun shouted to be heard over the loud noise from the TV. s turned to him, smiled and then went back to their own activities. SeungHyun rolled his eyes before moving up the stairs and to his bedroom to take a shower. 

Turning on the water, SeungHyun sighed as the hot water hit his shoulders.  He could feel the tension being washed away with the water. There was a loud knock on the door and SeungHyun couldn’t believe it was happening to him.

“What!” He shouted out over the sound of the water.

“Hyung! I need to use the toilet!” Daesung’s voice sounded out from the other side of the door and he couldn’t help but roll his eyes.

“Well you’re not using this one! Use the other one!”

“Seungri went in there. On purpose as well Hyung he ran in after I said I needed to pee” SeungHyun could picture the pout that was probably etched on the man’s face.

Turning off the water SeungHyun grabbed a towel and after wrapping it around his hips he moved to open the door almost being knocked down as Daesung moved past him. He moved into his bedroom and after putting on a pair of comfortable sweats he went back downstairs.

“So Hyung how was practice?” Youngbae asked from the sofa.

SeungHyun replied with a grunt, “How do you think it went? That woman is worse than Bom Noona in one of her lazy moods”

Jiyong chuckled from the piano, “Come on Hyung I'm sure it’s not that bad. I’ve worked with Tiffany and that girl works harder than anyone I’ve ever seen.”

Seungri agreed as he walked into the room, “Yeah, she brought over food yesterday when I was rehearsing with Seohyun and Sunny”. That was the best chicken I’ve tasted in a while, she made it herself as well”

SeungHyun raised an eyebrow in defiance, “I doubt that Maknae, that woman is nothing but annoying”

Jiyong played another couple of chords before smirking at SeungHyun, “Hyung you’ve never been like this to any other girl we’ve worked with. What’s up between you and Tiffany?”

“There’s nothing up with us. Trust me I don’t like her and she doesn’t like me. And I’ll be glad after this special stage is over”

 

Hey guys! Thank you so much for your support! Here's chapter 2 i hope you enjoy it! ^_^