Chapter 18

Duet

chapter18.jpg

 

 

She could feel her heartbeat louder than ever and t seemed to completely drown out all the other noises around her as she walked through the halls of the YG building. She didn’t dare lift her head as one of the staff led her through the complex building, she had been instructed to enter alone, while their manager had been ordered to take Jessica and Taeyeon back to their dorms while she had a meeting with the president.  The moment he had pulled up in front of the YG building Tiffany knew what she was in trouble for and the painful chill that ran down her back at the thought of what would happen inside the meeting room struck fear into her.

The woman in front of her stopped at a glass door and peeking inside she could see her own president sat next to YG’s president as they spoke to each other. Sitting in front of them was SeungHyun who for the first time since she had met him looked small, his head bowed at the two men. The staff member knocked on the door before entering,

“President, Tiffany-ssi is here”

Hyun Suk looked up from his conversation before smiling at his staff member and waved her in, “Great send her in Inyoung and then grab us some tea would you? I have a feeling we’re all going to need it”

With a nod Inyoung moved to the side allowing Tiffany to move past her. Hyun Suk nodded at her, a small smile on his face it almost made her smile in return but a quick glance at her own presidents prominent frown and angry features on his face had her bowing her face downwards immediately.

Soo Man spoke first his voice hard, “Sit Tiffany”

Following his orders Tiffany quickly sat down on the seat next to SeungHyun who spared her a quick glance, one she didn’t return her gaze set firmly onto the floor.

“Now I believe we have some things to sort out between you two” Soo Man spoke, his tone one of authority. “Those photos, in fact this whole mess is something I should not be bothering myself with but you are part of a team Tiffany do you understand?”

“Yes sir”

“And your team will suffer greatly because of your stupid and reckless acts. Do you understand?”

“Yes sir”

“Tiffany I know you’re not as stupid as this. You do realise you have a dating clause correct?”

“Yes sir”

“And what exactly does it say in that clause?”

“That I'm not to involve myself in any relationships for a minimum period of six years sir”

“Well at least we know you aren’t completely stupid. And how many years are left in that clause Tiffany?”

“Three years sir”

Soo man nodded his face hard as he leaned backwards, his hand rubbing his jaw, “Then tell me Tiffany why is it that you decided you felt the need to break your contract? Is having a boyfriend really worth losing everything you’ve worked so hard to gain?”

Tiffany stiffened at his words, “No- no sir”

“Then why do it?!” His voice came out louder and the volume made her jump her eyes watering, blinking them back she attempted to control herself the last thing she needed was to cry in front of the two most powerful men in the entertainment industry.

“What do you suggest we do Tiffany? How are we to sort out this mess you’ve gotten all of us into?”

She remained quiet not sure of what she should answer, she had no answer she had never thought of what they would do if anyone were to find out about her and SeungHyun.

“Do you understand the severity of this Tiffany? There are pictures of you and SeungHyun-ssi all over the internet, my phone has been ringing off the hook by every show imaginable! What do you have to say for yourself?!”

“With all due respect sir, it wasn’t all Fany-ah’s fault” SeungHyun spoke up. Soo Man turned his attention to the man in front of him and Hyung Suk couldn’t help but shake his head and placed a hand on the other man’s arm before he exploded on him too.

“Look it’s out there; we just have to establish what we’ll do about it”

Soo Man shook his head, “Oh I know what we’re going to do about it! You two are going to deny everything, SeungHyun your face is obvious so we’ll say you were on a date. Not with Tiffany we’ll say it was a civilian. Of course we’ll have to make it believable so we’ll have to find someone to play your girlfriend”

Tiffany’s head snapped up and her heart sped up. Was he suggesting that SeungHyun actually get 2another girl to play his girlfriend?

“President, what about SeungHyun and I?”

Her president returned his attention to her and raised an eyebrow, “There is no SeungHyun and you Tiffany. You signed a contract and that’s that from now on you are both broken up, in fact you were never going out as far as the fans are concerned you two did the special stage together and that is it”

SeungHyun looked from Soo Man to his own president. Unfortunately for him he seemed to be on the same wave length.

“Seems like a good plan to me. I warned you to be careful SeungHyun and now you’re paying for your mistake” Hyun Suk spoke up.

“But Hyung! There has to be something we can do! We don’t have to end it here!”

Soo Man laughed “You think so? She” He pointed towards Tiffany, who was sat, her shoulder’s hunched over her head bowed deeper “Has a dating clause! I don’t care if you’re in love, she signed a contract-“

“She was seventeen! She wasn’t even legal then!” SeungHyun retorted standing up.

Soo Man raised an eyebrow and glanced at Hyun Suk who let out a long sigh and stood up, “Well a contact is a contract SeungHyun, unfortunately Soo Man is right, and Tiffany-ssi signed away her right to date you at least for another three years”

“But you can’t seriously do this! You can’t just simply break us up and then give me a fake girlfriend! What would be the problem between us two dating anyway?”

“You mean apart from all of the anti-fans that will be created for the both of you?” Soo Man said, his voice calm “It would be a danger to you both not to mention to your other members. I will not have any of the girls in danger because you two decided to be children. This discussion is over, “He turned to the man sat next to him, Hyun Suk I'm sure you’ll be able to find a suitable date for the press conference and the actress to play SeungHyun’s girlfriend” Seeing the man nod Soo Man stood up and motioned for Tiffany to follow him, “Well then we’ll be off. I’ll be in contact oh and if either of you attempt to contact there will be grave consequences. For the both of you”

“Alright Soo Man that’s enough, I believe they got the message”

Soo Man nodded before moving towards the door his cell phone already at his ears as he talked to his driver and SeungHyun could do nothing but watch as Tiffany stood and followed her president not glancing at him, but from the way her shoulder shook SeungHyun could tell she was crying.

The door closed with a quiet slam and he watched as Tiffany’s profile appeared from the other side of the glass, her cheek stained with tears as she moved after the older man. And Hyun Suk could do nothing but sit back and sigh.

“Oh SeungHyun, did it have to be with one of Soo Man’s idols?”

SeungHyun could do nothing but slump back onto his chair. They had lost. 

 

 

 

^_^ Dont kill me! But i did warn you guys that there would be drama!