Chapter 5

Duet

chapter5.jpg

 

 

The other twelve people in the room weren’t quite sure what they were seeing. From the moment they had all gotten together SeungHyun and Tiffany had made it quite clear that they held a clear dislike for each other. But exactly a week before the special stage collaboration their members were standing, open mouthed as they watched what was supposed to be their two worse dancers moving across the practice room. The way they moved together seemed as if they had been dancing partners for years, not a bit of the previous disgust was apparent.

The practice room was suddenly eloped into silence and the only thing they could hear was the laboured panting of the two people in front of them. SeungHyun and Tiffany had finished their routine, his arms wrapped around her in an almost protective manner while she wrapped her hands around his neck. The choreographer had told them that their dance would be based around the concept of passion, but Taeyeon was feeling a little uncomfortable with the closeness of her member with SeungHyun.

Their fans were amazing, but one thing they did not take to too kindly was when one of the members was seen to be publically close to another idol. Another male idol to be precise and this dance had the possibility of erupting a wildfire of negative responses.

“That was… interesting” Taeyeon concluded as the two moved away from each other. There was something strange with the two although she guessed that their red faces was from all the effort they had put into the dance, “But don’t you think it’s a little…risky?”

Sunny and Jessica nodded next to her, “I agree with Tae. I mean I'm all up for a duet between you too,” continued Jessica, “but isn’t this routine a little too much?”

Tiffany shrugged glancing slightly and SeungHyun, “I don’t know. You guys told us to do it and we did. It the routine that was given to us and that’s what we did”

SeungHyun nodded, “Plus do you realise how long it took for me to teach Tiffany how to do that series of steps? I'm not changing it again, not so close to-“

“Yah!” Tiffany turned to the man next to her, “What do you mean how long it took you to teach me?”

“Well you were obviously having some difficulties and I was assisting you in developing your dancing skills”

“What are you on about? If anyone taught anybody something it was me to you!”

SeungHyun snorted, “Tiffany you weren’t exactly a precise teacher”

Tiffany openly gaped at the man, for the past week thy had been perfectly fine with each other. Sure they were awkward and barely had conversations unless it was absolutely necessary but they hadn’t made unnecessary comments towards each other until today. It seemed that their unwritten truce may have been over.

Jiyong stepped forward, his arms raised, “Alright, alright. We don’t want to start anything else. Tae it’s too close to the date to change anything now but I do agree with you it’s a little…risqué” He turned to the other two, who were still in the act of glaring at each other, “but maybe try not dancing so close together? It may reduce the speculations that will come with this dancer. And we’ll have a chat with the choreographer later”

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

Tiffany stormed into the practice room in a sudden rage. They had been perfectly fine all week, there was no snide comments, no unnecessary comments and yet he had begun all over again earlier that day at the SM Building. But she wasn’t the type of girl to simply sit around and ponder what had happened. So she decided to pay a visit to the rapper. The door crashed against the wall the loud noise echoing through the empty room.

They had scheduled another practice later that day and she had arrived early to talk to him. To figure out why he didn’t like her as much, she had her reasons but there was no way he could have disliked her for the same reasons, could he? She didn’t necessary dislike him, she simply found him to be annoying. Someone who seemed to bother her in ways no other guy had ever bothered her before. In fact she often found that she was more comfortable around guys than she was girls, but with him it was different, she wasn’t the least bit comfortable around him. That was the case until they had begun to dance together. She had danced with various background dancers before but she had never felt what she felt when he had wrapped his hands around her waist. And she didn’t like that one bit, she didn’t enjoy feeling things that she didn’t fully understand and it was bothering her.

Looking around the room she found it empty, the lights were on and there was an iPhone plugged into the speaker dock, a green bag and hoodie laid on the side obviously showing that there was someone using the room, they just weren’t in there right now. Just how early was she? Had she come in on someone else’s scheduled use of the room?

“Fany-ah?” Turning around Tiffany first saw bright red hair, hair she could recognize from a mile away.

“Bom Unnie!” She squealed running to hug her fellow English speaking idol, “What are you doing here?” She asked letting go of the older woman, her smile bright. It had been weeks since they had talked to each other with her being busy with the collaboration and Bom constantly traveling for 2NE1’s promotions in Japan it had been hard for them to talk.

“Um, Fany-ah this is the YG Building. I practically live here, remember?” Bom joked, smiling down at the girl in front of her, “Better yet what are you doing here?”

“I'm supposed to practice with SeungHyun but I got here a little earlier than necessary. It seems I cut in on your practice time” Tiffany smiled apologetically.

“Don’t worry about that, I just popped out to grab water but I was on my way out, the girls are waiting for me.” Bom said, “But hold on, you’re here to practice with Tabi?”

The way Bom had said ‘Tabi’ had sent a tight feeling in her chest, yet another feeling she didn’t quite understand. What was wrong with her?

“Um yeah we’re having a Girls’ Generation and Big Bang collaboration next week”

Bom looked surprised, but that was expected the surprise had been kept a secret, something that would hopefully really shock the fans. “Wow, but you and Tabi huh?”  Bom wiggled her eyebrows pinching the side of Tiffany’s waist playfully.

“Yah! Unnie!” Tiffany squealed and laughed jumping away from the older woman, “You know there’s nothing there. Why is everyone doing that, Sunny and Jess wiggled their eyebrows exactly like that too. Seriously”

Bom giggled, “Because, everyone knows you two would make a cute couple. Oh!” Bom jumped, and excited glee in her eyes, “Oh! Can you imagine the babies?!”

Tiffany’s face flushed red. Babies?

“Can you imagine it Fany-ah? Someone with Tabi’s weird intense eye stare thing and your eye smile? Omo! They would be the most adorable things ever! Ca-“

“Unnie!” Tiffany interrupted, her face almost blood red, “Can we stop talking about me and SeungHyun having babies! We’re doing a duet, nothing more!”

Someone cleared their throat from the direction of the doorway and both women turned to face the new person, only to be met with SeungHyun and two raised eyebrows.

“Um, mind telling me what I missed?”