Chapter 6

Duet

chapter6o.jpg

 

 

Bom turned to the door where a very surprised and confused SeungHyun was standing.

“Um, Noona?” he faced the older red head who was smiling widely, “I heard something about babies. Please tell me what I think I heard wasn’t really what I heard?”

Bom giggled nervously, “Aw come on Tabi, it was a joke.” She jabbed his chest making a cute expression up at him, she may have been nearing 30 but she could easily still pull off the cute and adorable look.

“Well it wasn’t taken as a joke Noona, a little inappropriate if you ask me”

“Well nobody did” Bom pouted crossing her arms across her chest. There was a ring from the other side of the room and Bom jumped up to answer the phone, picking it up she read the text, “Whoops, I'm late for a lunch with the girls, and Chae is mad.” She grabbed her bag and hoodie before turning to the others in the room as she moved to leave, “Well I’ll see you later Tabi and Fany-ah text me! We’ll get together and have some lunch. Bye love birds!” She teased before leaving, the door closing softly behind her.

There was a silence in the room before SeungHyun cleared his throat again. Leave it to Bom to leave a room in plain awkwardness.

“Right, well that must have been an interesting conversation”

Tiffany dropped her bag onto the floor, kneeling she moved to grab a water bottle from it, “Well interesting is one word for it. I'm don’t even know how we got onto the topic of babies”

SeungHyun snorted, a conversation with Bom always led to strange topics, “I'm sure you don’t”

Tiffany stood turning to him, “What s that supposed to mean?” she asked defensively.

“It means nothing, I'm sure you had no input in that baby conversation”

“I didn’t!”

“That’s what I'm saying!”

“Well what is with your tone?”

SeungHyun openly gaped at the woman, what was wrong with her? “There was no tone! You don’t have to be so defensive. What is up with you?”

“What is up with me? What about you!  You seemed just as defensive as I am” Tiffany scowled, there was a thumping in her chest and it was another one of those confusing feelings she had been getting these past few weeks. Not to mention the way her emotions had become completely out of control, she was beginning to think she was bipolar, one minute she was perfectly fine, the next she felt ready to murder everything and everyone in front of her. “Do you know what? I'm not in the mood to deal with you today, practice by yourself I'm sure you can ask Bom Unnie to help you. Hell you can go ask Hyori Unnie for all I care!” And with that Tiffany strode across the practice room towards her bag.

"I don't understand you" SeungHyun shouted. His voice echoing across the practice room, it seemed they had been spending way too much time in the room the past few weeks. 

Tiffany stopped dead in her tracks and ten turned slowly to face him, "There's nothing to understand"

SeungHyun shook his head, "No there is. There is. Because I have been trying so hard to talk to you, to be civilised and yet you turn everything I say the other way round. Wake up Princess not everything revolves around you!"

Tiffany gaped at him before dropping her bag and striding towards him, "I know that. And I don't turn anything around. If anybody doesn't understand it's me! What do you have against me huh?" Tiffany moved forward jabbing her finger on his hard chest, "Because you seem to be perfectly fine when you're talking to Hyoyeon or Taeyeon and we know you're fine talking to Bom unnie!"

"And just what is that supposed to mean? Bom Noona and I are just friends, you know that!"

Tiffany shook her head, "It doesn't matter anyway. It's not about who you’re civilised and friendly with. It's the fact that I don't understand why you can't seem to hold a conversation with me without inserting one of your little smart comments"

"I could ask you the same thing"

There was that one phrase. It was short and simple and the way he had said it in his hushed, almost defeated tone. It got Tiffany thinking. What did she have against him? If she were to be completely honest with herself she couldn't really think of a solid reason. He had never done anything to harm her or that had in anyway hurt her. 

"You're confused" SeungHyun breathed out. And Tiffany was suddenly very aware of how close he was. How she could feel his breath on her, how his chest rose and fell with every breath. 

"I'm no-"

"Yes you are" SeungHyun interrupted, "I know you are because... Because I am too. From the moment you walked into that practice room for the first time from the very first time I saw you I've been confused. And I cannot just be me." SeungHyun paused and his gaze felt more intense than ever, “you’ve been all I can think of. Day in, day out everything I do is interrupted by you and I don't like it. And it's confusing and you're confusing and I'm-"

"You're ranting" Tiffany stated, there was a hint of amusement in her voice but her face was still as emotionless as it had first been. "And you can stop. Because I don't need to hear any of this. You don't seem to realise that you have the same effect on me, when we first started practicing. The way you're had felt soft but firm on my waist it was the first time I've ever felt like this. Funny thing though," she let out a small laugh,” I have no idea what this is and-"

Before she could continue she felt two soft lips at her own, surprising her and stopping her in her own rant. It took her a few seconds before she realised what was happening, for one SeungHyun was currently kissing her. That was surprising enough, but what really shocked her? Was the fact that Tiffany felt herself melting against his chiselled chest moving her own lips against his.