Chapter 19

Duet

chapter19.jpg

 

 

“She hasn’t spoken a word to me” Taeyeon spoke up from her seat on the floor in front of the sofa.

“Forget about speaking Tae, she hasn’t come out of her room in an entire day” Jessica said leaning over the back of the sofa.

“I haven’t been able to get her to eat anything either” Sooyoung added. 

Seohyun frowned a little more, worry prominent of her face as the rest of the members nodded.  “I don’t understand what’s wrong with her”

Jessica shrugged, “We don’t either, all we know is the president wanted to meet with her and when she came back her eyes were red and puffy and she refused to speak” Jessica couldn’t help the frown that appeared on her face. They had all been worried, a meeting with their president never meant something good but it had never been as bad as Tiffany. Sure sometimes one of the girls would come back crying, maybe a little disappointed. A meeting with the president often meant they had made a mistake or done something wrong but it had never been bad enough to bring home one of them in tears.

“Should I call my uncle?” Sunny asked from her seat, “Maybe if Fany won’t tell us he will?”

“I'm not too sure about that Sun; wouldn’t he get even madder?” Yuri asked.

Yoona jumped up, a smile on her face “I know! What if we call SeungHyun Oppa? He could come over, maybe cheer unnie up?”

Taeyeon shook her head, “I’ve already tried calling him but he won’t pick up his phone”

“Or answer any messages” Hyoyeon added.

Jessica sighed, “Well what’s wrong with her! How are we supposed to help if she won’t tell us what’s going on?”

Taeyeon shook her head, “What are we supposed to do? What if we ask Manager Oppa? Wouldn’t he know?”

“I’ve already tried Unnie, Manager Oppa won’t tell me”

Jessica rolled her eyes, “Well that’s it then, if Manager Oppa won’t Seohyun then none of us have a chance of finding out what’s going on”

“We need to ask her then” Yuri spoke up, standing up.

“But Unnie she won’t talk to us!” Yoona replied, Yuri simply shrugged in response and turned to the rest of the girls,

“We get her to talk then, it’s as simple as that. We’ve been together for years when was the last time Fany of all people stopped talking. She’s never spent more than an hour silent unless she’s been asleep. Something is wrong, something very serious”

Taeyeon nodded, “I agree, we’ve got to at least try right?”

The rest of the girls nodded in accordance as they all stood up making their way towards Tiffany’s bedroom Jessica gently pushed opened the door, quickly peeking inside. The room was pitch black, the only source of light from the moon entering the small room through the window. Tiffany was lying on her bed, the light outlining her figure under the thin covers and her members couldn’t help but frown a little as every so often they would see her shoulders shake. Jessica opened the door wider, making her way inside she crawled onto the bed, the other members following her. She sat next to the lying girl while the other followed suit taking seat around the girl.

“Fany-ah?” Jessica whispered shaking the girl slightly. When they received no response the girls exchanged worried glances, “Fany? Come on you’ve got to tell us what’s wrong”

There was a mumble from the girl under the covers.

Taeyeon moved closer to her moving the covers from over Tiffany she placed a hand on her face, wiping the stray tears away from her wet cheeks, “Fany-ah please, just let us in”

Tiffany opened her eyes slightly but she found herself too weak to even say anything to her members. Ironic, she thought how hours of doing nothing but crying could make her so exhausted.

Sunny moved closer, “Fany-ah come on give us a clue? Something? Anything Fany-ah”

Tiffany opened , but before she could even say anything a heart wrenching sob escaped her lips, “I- I can’t… it’s over”

Jessica frowned, “What Fany, what does that mean? What’s over?”

Another sob escaped her lips as she closed her eyes again, the pain in her chest was eating her alive and she just wanted it to stop, “SeungHyun”

Sunny raised an eyebrow, “What about SeungHyun Oppa Fany?”

“We’re over” There was another sob and she swore she could feel something in her chest ripping it apart. Saying the words out loud herself meant that it was really happening, it wasn’t some horrible nightmare that she could simply wake up from and that hurt the most.

“What do you mean you’re over Unnie?” Seohyun asked her voice gentle.

Tiffany swallowed another sob that threatened to escape and shook her head, “He found out, they all found out. The pictures and now we’re over”

The members were thoroughly confused. Tiffany was simply putting together words her sentences giving nothing away.  Jessica stared down at the girl before frowning suddenly understanding what the girl was saying.

“Oh God, no” She whispered

Yuri and the rest of the members looked up, “What Sica?”

“Yuri grab your iPad and search Tiffany’s name our answer should be there” Jessica leaned closer to the girl hugging her to her chest as Tiffany let out another sob. “Oh God, Fany I'm so sorry. I'm so so sorry”

The rest of the members looked on confused and their confusion increased as Yuri came running back into the room her iPad in her hands a look of devastation on her face, “Guys look at this” turning the iPad over the members gasped, on the screen was pictures of Tiffany and SeungHyun in his car kissing.

“Oh God” Sunny whispered, “If my uncle found out about this then that’s it”

“Then Tiffany Unnie and SeungHyun Oppa?” Yoona asked, “They’re over?”

Yuri nodded and Tiffany’s sobs increased in volume as she clutched onto Jessica. The member could only look on in worry their hearts breaking for the crying girl in front of them.