Chapter 14

Duet

scaled.php?server=542&filename=chapter14

 

 

Chills ran down Tiffany’s spine as she pulled away her head snapping towards the door, an action mimicked exactly by SeungHyun at the same time. But to their surprise there was no one at the door, the practice room was empty except for the two of them. The door was as firmly closed as when SeungHyun had closed it after her entrance, and if someone had entered they would have heard something right? Some sort of footsteps, they would have sense another body in the dimly lit room with them. But then again, Tiffany smiled, they were a little preoccupied. Her smile quickly faded as she caught the worried look on SeungHyun’s face.

“Did you hear that?” Tiffany whispered to SeungHyun.

SeungHyun nodded before standing and moving towards the door, “I did, and it was too loud to be from another practice room”

“You don’t think-“

“No” SeungHyun interrupted shaking his head before opening the door and taking a look outside, “No, no one could have seen us. It’s almost ten and this training room is specifically reserved for Big Bang only, no one should have been coming anywhere near here”

“But you heard it to right?” Tiffany asked standing up to move towards him. “SeungHyun? SeungHyun look at me” She reached out to turn him around pushing the door closed behind him, “SeungHyun, this door was practically banged closed, and loudly too.” She was sure she could still hear the distinct echo of the door through the practice room.

SeungHyun frowned rubbing his hands over his jaw as he looked down at the girl in front of him, who was proceeding to freak out, “What if-“Tiffany continued, her arms flailing slightly, “What if someone did see us? Oh my god, that can’t happen, do you realised what will happen. What if they go-“

SeungHyun silenced her, placing his large hand over he smiled down at her. There was something distinctly amusing about Tiffany when she was nervous, although their current situation was nothing to be amused about, “Fany-ah calm down. There was no one at the door and no one in the corridor, so there was no one who could have seen us” He reached up to a piece of loose hair behind her ear before he pulled her into a hug, “You can stay calm Fany there was no one there”

She nodded against his chest and let out a long breath, “Okay fine, but if articles start popping up then I'm blaming you” She smiled and jabbed his chest.

“Yeah, yeah now how about we get back to that date of ours? I think there are a couple of hamburgers in there somewhere”

“Tiffany gasped her smile brightening tenfold, “You got me hamburgers! Oh my God! I think I love you!” She giggled before turning back to the table and searching through the containers for the burgers. Leaving a slightly shocked SeungHyun to watch her.

Looking up from the large burger she was holding in her hands Tiffany raised an eyebrow, “What’s up? Why are you just standing there, don’t think I won’t eat these by myself because I will you know” She joked.

SeungHyun cracked a smirk as he took a seat across her. “Are you busy on Saturday?”

“Why do you have a surprise date arranged for then too? What are you going to use your connections to close off an amusement park just for us two?” Tiffany joked before popping some chips into .

He let out a laugh before pinching one of her chips and putting it into his own mouth, “No actually, no connections to amusement parks unfortunately but I do know someone in the restaurant business”

“Really? How on earth do you have that?”

SeungHyun shook his head, “It’s a long story, my parents really liked to eat out. They really liked to eat out in fact I can probably read out the entire menu of their favourite restaurant off of the top of my head”

“Really? They sound like amazing parents”

SeungHyun smiled and nodded warmly, “Oh they are. What about you?”

Tiffany’s smile faltered slightly and SeungHyun felt like slapping himself. The story about Tiffany and her mother was something anyone in K-pop new about and he felt like an idiot bringing it up, “Fany-ah, I'm sorry I didn-“

Tiffany smiled waving him off, “Don’t worry about it. Yeah we used to go out too; there was this amazing little café that my mum used to love”

“Sounds nice” He commented short for words.

“It was” Tiffany continued, “I still go there from time to time whenever we’re in the states but we’ve been mostly in Asia these past few months so I haven’t been there in a long time. God, I remember they used to make the best cupcakes there, they were these cute little pink ones, with pink frosting and…“

SeungHyun smiled as he listened to Tiffany talk about the little pink cupcakes. The way her eyes sparkled, how they turned to half-moons every time the word pink came up, the way her lips stretched when she laughed showing a set of perfectly white teeth. It all reminded him why he had started liking her in the first place, the fact that she could be shy and quiet one minute and then be louder than s the next had intrigued him. And he smiled as he watched her hands fly around making extravagant actions as she told him about a time when they had ran out of her favourite cupcakes, oh yeah, she definitely made up for the fact that they had to sneak around constantly watching over their shoulders.

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

Tiffany turned to look at SeungHyun as he pulled the car over, stopping in front of her dorm building. It was a little after one and she was sure her members would be suspicious, but there wouldn’t be a better time to tell them right? Leaning over she placed a chaste kiss on his lips,

“Bye”

SeungHyun smiled, pushing a strand of her hair behind her ear, something she had noticed he liked to do a lot. “Bye, text me when you get upstairs we wouldn’t want anything happening to you now would we?”

“Well of course not,” Tiffany smiled, “What would you do without me?”

With a final kiss both pulled away before Tiffany stepped out of the car and made her way inside. As she made her way inside the elevator she caught her reflection in the mirror and she couldn’t help but notice the way she was almost glowing of happiness, in fact it was the way she felt it had been a while since she had felt that happy, like she had nothing to worry about. But that was how he made her feel; it wasn’t just the tingling in her stomach or the way she blushed when she felt his gaze on her. With him it felt like there was nothing in the world to worry about, she could momentarily forget about the fact that they had schedules and concerts and fan meetings and practice and recordings, when she was with him she felt like a normal girl.

The bing of the elevator alerted her to the fact that she had arrived at her floor and before she could even turn she looked up at the mirror and came face to face with three familiar faces, all with raised eyebrows their expressions ones clearly stating that they were not amused.

Taeyeon was the first one to speak; her tone was the one she solely reserved for when she was talking to the girls as the leader and not a sister or a friend.

“And where exactly have you been?”

 

 

 

 

Hey guys! I know you were probably expecting someone to catch them and I understand if you all want to now hit me over the head but I'm sorry and trust me the next chapter will bring with the drama. Here’s a little hint, our two love birds should have been a little more careful don’t you think? They never know who or what is watching! ^_^

PS thank you so much for all the subscriptions and comments you all totally rock! And I know I'm updating a little slower than normal but Exams are here and unfortunately none of them revolve around KPOP (although that would be an amazing lesson!) So please bear with me! And Thank You! I love you all!