Chapter 20

Duet

scaled.php?server=406&filename=chapter20

 

 

SeungHyun closed his door with a loud slam that seemed to echo throughout the house. He couldn’t believe this was happening, but what was worse was the way his president had simply stood to the side and let Lee Soo Man decide everything. And a fake girlfriend? Was he absolutely crazy? How exactly was telling lies supposed to help to hide something he knew it would simply come back to bit him in the and it was more likely than not that the press would have a field day with it.  Making his way through the house he grabbed his gloves that were hanging on the wall and made his way down into the basement, there was only one way he would be able to live with this mess. Working it off.

Making his way down the stairs he wrapped his gloves and began to hit the bag. Again. And again. And again. This was all bull to him. Complete bull, how was he supposed to pretend that he was going out with a girl he had never met before?  

“Hyung!”

SeungHyun ignored the voices, his focus still directly placed on the jet black punching bag in front of him as he attacked it with his fists, each punch with more power than the one before it.

“Hyung”

He punched for Tiffany.

“Hyung!”

He punched for their helplessness in the situation.

“Hyung!”

He punched the frustrations out of his body for the fact that neither seemed to have control of their lives. And all for a little piece fame, all to be able to get up on stage and sing. Before he could land another punch on the bag arms wrapped around him and held him back not allowing him to move. His breathing was heavy, he noticed and his face was almost completely covered in sweat. How long had he been at it for?

“Hyung?”

SeungHyun let out a long breath, trying to control his breathing, “Sorry” He raised his arms as a sign that he had calmed down and only then did Taeyang’s muscled arms unwrap themselves from around him and he turned to face hi members who were all looking at him with curious expressions.

Jiyong spoke up first, “Hyung, what’s going on?”

“Yeah I mean it’s not really every day that we have to chase you all the way to your house to then find you completely destroying your custom punching bag.” Seungri teased, 2Nice job by the way because you were looking pretty good back there”

SeungHyun cracked a smile at the maknae’s joke, one that didn’t last very long as he remembered just why he was beating the bag in the first place.

“Hyung found out about Tiffany and I”

Daesung nodded, “We got that Hyung, what did he say? He’s never minded us dating before so why are you beating your bag to death down here”

SeungHyun sighed, moving to sit leaning against the hard wall of his gym/ basement, “Hyung was fine with it. Can’t say the same thing for Tiffany’s president”

Taeyang moved to sit next to him, the other members taking seats around him, “What did Lee Soo Man-ssi say?”

“That Tiffany and I are over. We’re not to attempt to try to contact each other and if we do there’ll be consequences”

Jiyong raised an eyebrow, “And Hyun Suk Hyung just stood there and let him decide that?”

SeungHyun nodded, his face hard, “Tiffany signed a dating clause like the one the 2NE1 girls signed”

Seungri grimaced, “Oh that one’s going to be hard to get out of”

“There’s no getting out of it Maknae”

Daesung perked up, a smile on his face, “but Hyung! There are pictures of you and Tiffany-ah all over the internet. There’s no way they can deny it”

SeungHyun let out a bitter laugh throwing his head back against the hard wall, “That’s the best part maknae. Lee Soo Man saw the pictures; apparently you can’t see Tiffany’s face completely so they are going to say it is my girlfriend”

Jiyong frowned, “But Tiffany is your girlfriend”

“No they’re going to hire someone to play my girlfriend and then after a while ill break up with her”

There was a beat of silence as s just stared at him, the shock of what SeungHyun told them being digested. The silence lasted until Seungri let out a laugh,

“That’s complete bull!” He exclaimed completely outraged, “And who the hell would have so little self-respect they would willingly go along with this?”

Jiyong sighed, resting his head on his hands, “Any one of our millions of fan girls Maknae”

Seungri shook his head, “But they can’t do this” He turned to Jiyong, “Hyung, you’ve got to be able to do something”

“I would, if I were talking with our president but Soo Man-ssi is the strictest man in our business”

“But you were one of his trainees!”

“Exactly, so I should know. Once that man makes a decision it stays put. Right now he’s angry so he’ll make short not very well thought out decisions. He’s doing what he thinks is best for Tiffany and her group”

“Why are you defending him?!”

Jiyong gave their maknae a hard glare, “I’m not defending him Seungri, but if we try to do something it may just make things worse for Tiffany.”

“Well then we’ll talk to Tiffany!” Daesung smiled, “Between us lot we can find a way for Hyung and Fany-ah to meet up in secret”

Jiyong shook his head, “Soo Man-ssi will probably jam pack her schedule to ensure that doesn’t happen, she’ll probably have a hard time finding time to sleep let alone meet up with anyone. He’ll have her phone watched to make sure she isn’t talking to anyone she isn’t supposed to be, he’ll have a SM staff member with her all the time. At least for a while, Soo Man-ssi will make sure there’s noting she can do to see you again Hyung”

SeungHyun let out a long breath resting his head on his glove covered hands, “So that’s it then. There’s nothing left we can do”