Chapter 21

Duet

chapter21.jpg

 

 

Taeyeon looked on worriedly at Tiffany who was sat on the sofa in their dorm, her face blankly staring at the screen as she flipped through the various channels. After her breakdown the night before she hadn’t talked, hadn’t eaten, in fact she had blatantly refused to do anything.  Sensing movement to her left Taeyeon turned to be met by the equally worried face of Jessica,

“Have you managed to get her to eat anything yet?” She asked, Taeyeon shook her head silently answering the question. It was still relatively early and with none of the members having anything scheduled for the day most girls were taking the chance to get in a little extra sleep.

“This isn’t good Tae, Tiffany never skips meals”

“I know but she refuses anything we offer her.” Taeyeon smiled slightly, “Sooyoung had a food party yesterday night and she had to eat everything Tiffany wouldn’t”

There was a distinct jingle signalling to the girls that someone was entering and the two older girls turned to come face to face to their manager, who smiled apologetically at them.

“Oppa?” Jessica questioned, “What are you doing here? I thought we didn’t have a schedule today”

Their manager smiled sheepishly, “I'm sorry girls there’s been a change of plan. Tiffany has a full day today”

Taeyeon frowned, “Doing what exactly?” She asked and reached out a hand when their manager handed her a white sheet of paper. Scanning over the contents quickly her frown deepened, “Oppa, I don’t think she’s in a good condition to be doing these”

Their manager shrugged, “I'm sorry Tae. The schedule was decided by the president himself I can’t get her out of it. Trust me I’ve tried”

“Oppa, really? These schedules aren’t even necessary”

“I really am sorry girls but it’s the presidents orders” Moving to the side he leaned his head into the living room and spotted Tiffany sat on the sofa, “Tiffany, hey you’ve got a schedule today get changed and be ready in 10 minutes”

Tiffany turned to the mention of her name and silently nodded before moving off the sofa and into her bedroom, closing the door quietly behind her. The two girls turned back to look at the man in behind them,

“Oppa come on. Can’t you just tell the president that she’s ill?” Jessica asked, her voice laced with worry.

Their manager shook his head, “I'm sorry Jessica but he’d notice something was up. Tiffany’s got to complete her schedule today”

Taeyeon looked down at the sheet of paper still in her hand, “But come on Oppa! She got two hours with the vocal coach, then the hair salon, then three hours with the trainer. This isn’t an actual schedule Oppa; this is a way of keeping her from being able to meet SeungHyun!” 

“I'm sorry Taeyeon but orders are orders”

Taeyeon was about to respond her face hard. She couldn’t believe their manager was actually going through with this, did their friendship mean nothing to him? It was obvious Tiffany was in no condition to do anything let alone have the strength to train today. But before she could say anything Tiffany came out of her room, dressed in comfortable clothes and a bag slung over her shoulder the girl walked up to them, her face emotionless.

“I'm ready”

Their manager nodded and spared a glance towards the two other girls before opening the front door and following Tiffany out of the dorm, closing the door shut quietly behind him. Jessica and Taeyeon frowned still watching the closed door.

“This isn’t good Tae” Jessica commented.

Taeyeon nodded, “I know Sica, I know”

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

SeungHyun nodded once again, the meeting between him, the president and YG’s PR staffs was beginning to go on for a little too long for his liking. The man in front of him sighed, flashed him a smile and set down the various papers he was holding.

“Okay TOP-ssi I guess there is just one thing left to sort out.” The man began “We’ve decided that you’ll release a statement tomorrow to the press. We don’t want this scandal going on for much longer do we?” the man let out a chuckle, which turned into an awkward laugh as both SeungHyun and Hyun Suk looked at him with passive, hard expressions.

SeungHyun shook his head slightly, not completely believing what was going on, “Who?” He asked his voice tight.

The man looked up startled, “Sorry?”

“Who?” SeungHyun repeated.

The man shook his head not understanding and SeungHyun’s hands turned into fists as he tried to control himself, “Who are you getting to play this ridiculous role?”

Hyun Suk leaned forward, “Actually one of staff members will be doing it” A knock on the door interrupted him and he looked up before smiling slightly and motioning for the person to enter. The door was pushed open and a girl walked in, her face was pretty, her hair long and straight and she bowed to the men before the president continued. SeungHyun stared at the girl, he couldn’t belive what he was seeing.

“SeungHyun, I believe you’ve met Inyoung am I correct?”

She was one of the various staff members responsible for Big Bang, although SeungHyun remembered, she wasn’t in a very high position, perhaps an assistant to one of the higher position staffs. She was also the YG staff member that had ushered Tiffany into the meeting the day before.

SeungHyun frowned, “Yes we’ve met in passing”

“Well she’ll be playing your girlfriend” Hyun Suk smiled, motioning for Inyoung to sit. She flashed SeungHyun a smile before taking a seat next to him.

“I'm always happy to help President” She smiled to Hyun Suk before turning her attention to the man next to her, “I was shocked to hear about you and Tiffany-ssi, but I'm honoured I am able to help clear up the scandal”

SeungHyun balled his hands into fists, “I'm sure you are Inyoung-ssi”

Hyun Suk smiled, clapping his hands together once, “Well that’s great! We’ll talk out the details about what you’ll both say tomorrow then”