Chapter 25 - The Finale

Duet

scaled.php?server=689&filename=chapter25

 

 

The white walls of the hospital seemed to be closing in on him as he made his way through the busy corridor. His mind was set on one single goal: to find Tiffany and as soon as possible. He hadn't been thinking straight when Hyoyeon had called him and he'd forgotten to ask what exactly had happened something that had been eating him alive on the too long journey to the hospital. 

Reaching the front desk he was quick to make himself heard and one of the receptionists looked up, flashing him a smile when she caught sight of him. 

"Good afternoon sir, what can I help you with?"

"I need Tiffany Hwang's room number"

The receptionist stopped momentarily before shaking her head, "I'm sorry sir but I'm can’t simply give out Miss Hwang's room number. I'm afraid only those with special permission can be granted access"

SeungHyun raised an eyebrow, completely at a loss of what to do, "There’s got to be some way. Please I'm her-" he stopped short, his brows wrinkling as he thought of something to say. "I'm a close friend of hers"

The receptionist shook her head again an apologetic smile in her face, "I'm sorry. I'm afraid there’s nothing I can do to help"

SeungHyun sighed before looking around the large open space of the reception. He caught sight of blonde hair together with black and made a run towards the two girls. 

"Hyoyeon, Sooyoung!" 

His voice was loud and he got more than one dirty look from both the staff and visitors around him. The two girls turned to the sound of their names and their worried faces lit up at the sight of the tall rapper. 

Sooyoung was the first to speak, "SeungHyun Oppa!" when did you get here?" her voice was pleasant and SeungHyun wondered why she didn't sound the slightest bit worried. Tiffany was on hospital, what was there to be smiling about? 

"Sooyoung-ah, pleasantries later. Where's Tiffany?" his gaze turned to the blonde who had called him, "Is she okay? What happened?"

Hyoyeon placed a hand on his shoulders, with a little difficulty due to the drear difference in size between the two and smiled, "Calm down Oppa. Fany fainted; the doctors said that it was because of exhaustion. Her schedule has been hectic and she hasn't been eating. It all caught up with her"

Sooyoung next to her nodded along, "She's fine now though. The doctors have her on an IV drip but they said that they're keeping her here for a couple of days to keep an eye on her"

SeungHyun let out a breath he didn’t know he had been holding and relaxed his stance, almost as if a weight had been lifted from his shoulders.

“Where is she?” He asked the two girls in front of him, an easy smile on his face.

Hyoyeon pointed towards a hallway leading off the main area, “Down that hallway, to the left, room 90”

Sooyoung smiled at him, “We’re going to go grab some food and drinks for the girls but you go on ahead we’ll catch up”

Flashing him one last smile the two girls their heels, moving towards the large cafeteria of the hospital their conversation flowing easily. SeungHyun turned and began to walk in the direction the blonde had told him, his mind busy at work. In his haste to get to the hospital along with his worry for Tiffany he hadn’t thought about what exactly it was that he was going to say to the girl once he got to her. It had been over a week since they had last spoken, and the last time he had seen her, she had tears running down her face and her expression had been heart breaking.

Reaching the door SeungHyun took a deep breath to compose himself, he was about to face two of the girls he was sure weren’t going to be very happy about him being there. Ever since he had met the complex group of girls two of them had always shown a great deal of protectiveness over Tiffany. Jessica and Taeyeon had always made it clear to everyone who got close to Tiffany that if she was hurt that person was going to be hurt, and he really didn’t want to test just how much pain they would inflict on him when they saw him.

He pushed the door open, looking inside he caught sight of the large spacious room a bathroom to the right. In the middle of the room was a large bed, which Tiffany lay on. To him she looked so small, so fragile in the bed. Her once glowing skin had turned a ghostly pale; her hair dyed back to black seemed to be limp, no bounce or life to it. She didn’t look good, and it killed him knowing that he was probably the reason for it.

Six heads snapped up to look at him and SeungHyun suddenly felt very uncomfortable as they all stared at him, he received four smiles to which he returned his own, however when his gaze fell on the two girls sitting closest to the unconscious Tiffany her felt chills run down his spine and offered them a sheepish smile.

SeungHyun cleared his throat at the uncomfortable silence, “How is she?” He asked his voice low as to not wake up the sleeping girl.

Jessica’s face remained cold as she answered him, “She’s fine. No thanks to you”

“I know Jessica. And I'm sorry but I'm trying to make it right. I swear I am”

Taeyeon spoke up then, her face mirroring Jessica’s although she did offer him a small smile. After all the ice queen role was left to Jessica, not her, “She’s fine Oppa, but she’s asleep so you might want to come back later”

“Or never” Jessica quipped from her side. Taeyeon through her a dirty glance before turning back to SeungHyun.

“Actually, if it’s okay with you girls, I’d like to wait here”

Jessica opened to speak but Seohyun was quick to talk, “Of course that’s fine. Isn’t it unnie?” She turned to Jessica, an innocent smile on her face, “I'm sure Fany-unnie would like that”

Jessica opened comically before giving up and shutting it, going back to flipping through the glossy magazine in front of her.  Yuri stood up offering her seat to him,

“I'm going to go check on Hyo and Soo, Oppa you can sit here”

Nodding and thanking the brunette he took a seat on the hard chair, his hand unconsciously reaching out to grab Tiffany’s smaller one, being careful to not disturb or move the IV drip on it. The girls around him shared glances, smiling at each other.

Yoona cleared before standing up, “Well I'm starving, what do you guys say we go get some food? I'm sure Fany unnie is in more than good company”

The girls around her nodded and stood up also, except for the blonde who simply glanced her way and returned to her magazine shrugged her delicate shoulders, “No thanks Yoon, I'm good”

Seohyun next to her looked at Taeyeon with a desperate expression before the small leader nodded and moved around the bed and grabbed Jessica much to her dismay and comically pushed her out of the room much to the amusement of the others.

“Come on Sica, we promise we won’t get anything with cucumbers”

SeungHyun watched amused as Seohyun sent him one last smile before closing the door behind 2them leaving him and Tiffany alone, he cleared his throat before talking.

“Fany-ah, you don’t look good” He let out a small laugh imagining her scrunching up her eyebrows if she were awake, before retuning his comment with her own jab at him, “I'm sorry Tiffany” He continued, “I really am, but I'm trying to sort all of this out. I should have fought harder, I should have seen through Inyoung’s façade. I should have fought for you, for us” He took a deep breath before continuing, “And I guess what I'm trying to say is that. Well if I’ve learnt anything these past few weeks is that my life without you, well it’s not really living Fany-ah, and- god I kind of pictured you awake for the first time I told you this but” He took another deep breath, squeezing her hand in his and reaching up to place a kiss on her forehead before mumbling against it, “I love you”

The girl under him moved and he moved back watching as she opened her eyes looking at him for a moment before flashing him a tired but bright eye smile, “ Gosh Oppa, I didn’t know you could be so cheesy” SeungHyun simply raised an amused eyebrow at her. Leave it to Tiffany for the first thing for her to say after she woke up from exhaustion was a jab at him.

“But Oppa?” She Smiled up at him, reaching up to grab his neck and bring his lips to hers, “I love you too”

SeungHyun smiled against her lips before she spoke again, “So what do we do about this mess Oppa?”

He smiled down at her running a hand down her hair affectionately, “We’re together, through everything. We’ll sort things out. But as long as I'm with you, everything will be fine”

 

And that’s the end of ‘Duet’. First of all, I want to thank every single one of you guys for sticking with the story until the end. I'm sorry if the ending isn’t really that great but I’ll leave it to each of you to imagine what happens next, you can make of it what you will! ^_^ Unfortunately school is staring again which means the next story I'm hoping to write won’t be updated as quickly as did for Duet, but the chapters will be much longer. And it will be a TopFany story so until next time lovely readers! And again Thank You So Much for subscribing and commenting ^_^ xxxxx